Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everybody.

I spent almost 9 years without treating my acne scars, meanwhile I just took care of my skin as well as I could. Then I decided to go towards another approach. I did a couple of treatments that includes laser, subcision and filler. After the laser and subcision procedures, I noticed some of my scars were even more evident. Plus, the filler didn't improve so much.

Why did I submit myself for those treatments which either carry so many risks of develop new scarring or hyperpigmentation issues?

I didn't like the way I looked before, but today I look different but yet I am not satisfied. Besides, I was happier when I looked in the mirror before those treatments. It's not that I am worse, but I feel like I am.

This is only a personal opinion: If you learn somehow to live with your scars, I would not do any invasive treatments. Just be happy, use cleansers, creams, apple cider vineagar ecc.

Most likely you will be fine that way.

Edited by Conde de Montecristo

Hi everybody.

I spent almost 9 years without treating my acne scars, meanwhile I just took care of my skin as well as I could. Then I decided to go towards another approach. I did a couple of treatments that includes laser, subcision and filler. After the laser and subcision procedures, I noticed some of my scars were even more evident. Plus, the filler didn't improve so much.

Why did I submit myself for those treatments which either carry so many risks of develop new scarring or hyperpigmentation issues?

I didn't like the way I looked before, but today I look different but yet I am not satisfied. Besides, I was happier when I looked in the mirror before those treatments. It's not that I am worse, but I feel like I am.

This is only a personal opinion: If you learn somehow to live with your scars, I would not do any invasive treatments. Just be happy, use cleansers, creams, apple cider vineagar ecc.

Most likely you will be fine that way.

What happens when for 5 years since breaking out in cystic acne you don't get any more pits and you become satisfied with your level of scarring and then you suddenly get new cysts that leave even more deep, rolling scars? This is what happened to me last year and my depression levels have skyrocketed. I a more depressed about my skin than I have EVER been my entire life.

I get what youre saying.

I got cystic acne for a long time. Was emotionally down due to big scar and heavy contrasting pigmentation on my nose. Time went and pigmentation disappeared. Now I am left with one hyperthrophic scar and one icepick scar, along with rolling scars on cheeks. Now being on accutane and slowly clearing from cysts is like letting go of a huge burden. Regarding my nose I see where it can go wrong, and I doubt I want this gamble, though looking forward what could be done with cheeks.

It depends on person, but for me curing cysts alone is a huge improvement.