Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMC1883

Minimalism?

Hello, All!

So, I have tried it all....and nothing works for me! Accutane, Antibiotics, Creams, Potions, etc...and now I'm pregnant which is exciting but it's left me with the worst acne of my life :(

My husband is always after me (pre pregnancy included) to stop using so many products. Scrubs, washes, bp, creams, spot treatments, and so forth. Now that I am pregnant, I can't use very much on my skin.

Has anyone tried stopping it all and simply washing with a gentle cleanser and using a moisturizer? Did it work? Make things worse?

I think I am going to try it...it's been a LONG time since I tried such a simple regime. I think some of my current breakouts are from surface dehydration. My skin get SO dry from bp and picking at it that it causes more clogged pores and in turn more acne!

So, what do you think?

Work for you?

Hello, All!

So, I have tried it all....and nothing works for me! Accutane, Antibiotics, Creams, Potions, etc...and now I'm pregnant which is exciting but it's left me with the worst acne of my life

My husband is always after me (pre pregnancy included) to stop using so many products. Scrubs, washes, bp, creams, spot treatments, and so forth. Now that I am pregnant, I can't use very much on my skin.

Has anyone tried stopping it all and simply washing with a gentle cleanser and using a moisturizer? Did it work? Make things worse?

I think I am going to try it...it's been a LONG time since I tried such a simple regime. I think some of my current breakouts are from surface dehydration. My skin get SO dry from bp and picking at it that it causes more clogged pores and in turn more acne!

So, what do you think?

Work for you?

i use the minimalistic approach. i use to have dry, really dry skin in combination of oily skin which was a disaster for pimples. then i used bp which dried out my faced severely no matter how much moisturizer i used. bp made me clear but after like 8 or so hours my face would get oily and the dry skin would just be another disaster for pimples. so then i gave bp and i got breakout because of the oiliness and dry skin but i kept on cleansing only twice a day and moisturizing a lot. now its been almost 9 months and i can go all day without washing my face as long as i moisturize plenty in the morning and night. i honestly feel like having dry skin is the worst thing you can have when you have pimples. yesterday i went about 18 hours without washing my face (my face gets oily) but i did not wake up today with any pimples and its been like this for about 4 weeks. moisturize is my suggestion.

I think it's a great idea. Use quality products but definitely pare it down.

Like:

- A great great cleanser (I love PTR Anti-aging cleansing gel)

- An excellent moisturizer

- Eye cream if you use it

- 1 treatment

- 1 exfoliant (1-2x a week)

This is pretty much what I do. Before my prescriptions started kicking in, I could already tell the improvement in my skin from being more gentle and using less products on my face.

i feel the same way. i've been on BP for years and i believe its aged my skin greatly. im only 23 but i have the skin of a 36 year old, lol. ive just come off accutane and am going for a more natural approach in an attempt to rebuild my skin. ive been starting to use the lerosett line and am liking it so far. its filled with vitamins and minerals and no bad things. im hoping to take this along side niacin. however, if it does take a turn for the worst, i guess i might have to go back to the BP.

I have recently been thinking about this too! Im just sick to death of it all lol....Ive already done2 courses of accutane and obviously for females, it is not a cure all so I wont go on it again....ive recently just started using retin a topically and i think its the last thing im gonna give a good try....but i know being pregnant you prob cant use that...ive never tried the products from here, but ive ordered a new cleanser 'md forte cleanser II' theres 3 levels and it has glycolic acid....rave reviews about preventing acne and helping with just about everything, scars,evening skintone,etc...you can get it on amazon & other places online...... so me personally my new trial regimine is going to be using that cleanser only....and maybe continuing the retin a, not sure yet....and also im going to accept that my skin is oilier sometimes...because i just cant fight my natural oil anymore lol...and ive realized lately i much prefer being a bit oiler than that tight feeling.....sorry just rambling here....:)

also ive discovered these new facial wipes that i lvoe for the nighttime...im lazy at night and was looking for those easy wipes with few ingredients.....well i found them accidentally and i love them...they're called 'blum naturals' with tea tree oil and theres like only 5 all natural ingredients...theyre great...they also have a none oily skin kind with orange peel....just wanted to share that if anyone likes the face cloths

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

my friends with the nicest skin do the least to it

dove soap, at most, and they get the rarest pimple

i have tried to go cold turkey, but i really do feel as if i do need to be doing SOMETHING for my skin. Maybe a slight obsession, but I am working through it.

after a few acne treatments from stores I have settled into jojoba oil, oatmeal masks, and such. I hope that one day i wont feel the need to do any of this. to just be natural for once.

But I am thinking of going back to my philosohy hope in a jar and purity cleanser....looking at some pics my skin was the best when i was using these two products with plenty of bare minerals.

sometimes its nice to do less :)

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

my friends with the nicest skin do the least to it

dove soap, at most, and they get the rarest pimple

i have tried to go cold turkey, but i really do feel as if i do need to be doing SOMETHING for my skin. Maybe a slight obsession, but I am working through it.

after a few acne treatments from stores I have settled into jojoba oil, oatmeal masks, and such. I hope that one day i wont feel the need to do any of this. to just be natural for once.

But I am thinking of going back to my philosohy hope in a jar and purity cleanser....looking at some pics my skin was the best when i was using these two products with plenty of bare minerals.

sometimes its nice to do less :)

Oh my gosh I love those products! Try them again :) Good idea.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Purity gave me a possible allergic reaction :( My lower lip started to swell, felt hard, and only went away once I stopped using it. Was SO drying too! Way too many essential oils in there.

Weird I had like the opposite reaction!

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape