Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Idolator

After 12 hours, do you rinse or leave it on?

Alright, so I have a quick question. It says to do the Regimen twice a day, so when you first apply it in the morning and leave it on for 12 hours, do you rinse your face to apply more after the 12 hours? Or do you leave what you already have on and just add more to it? Since I currently don't have any cleanser, when I try to rinse it off with just water it's difficult to get it off, so I kind of have to use a lot of force with my fingers (Which is bad, since it causes irritation), but it's the only way to get the BP and moisterizer off of my face.

Hopefully this makes some sense, any help would be appreciated.

I would just rinse off what you can with some cool-ish warm-ish water and then reapply. Whenever I would run out of cleanser I would just do this for a couple of days until I was able to go out and get another bottle of cetaphil (this was before my license, so I had to wait until my mom went grocery shopping, which sometimes took a week). It sucks having to wait since you're more prone to breakouts without that cleanser, but at least cleanse with water. Just DON'T use soap. Bad idea. I used soap for about a month because my mom convinced me it would be better, and it just broke me out horribly.

So, after 12 hours, you want to rinse and then reapply.

I would just rinse off what you can with some cool-ish warm-ish water and then reapply. Whenever I would run out of cleanser I would just do this for a couple of days until I was able to go out and get another bottle of cetaphil (this was before my license, so I had to wait until my mom went grocery shopping, which sometimes took a week). It sucks having to wait since you're more prone to breakouts without that cleanser, but at least cleanse with water. Just DON'T use soap. Bad idea. I used soap for about a month because my mom convinced me it would be better, and it just broke me out horribly.

So, after 12 hours, you want to rinse and then reapply.

Thanks for the reply, so I shouldn't work hard to get all of it off then? Is it ok to wash my face in the shower with soap, atleast?

I'm a little confused -- can't you just buy a cheap generic cleanser as a stop-gap? That would be a much better idea than rubbing with water and irritating your skin or using soap on your face...