Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Self Conscious

Has your acne migrated?

Hello peoples,

I was just thinking about my acne today. When I was first battling acne it was mostly around my chin/under lower lip area and some on my nose. After using maybe 5 or 6 different over the counter topicals and basically tearing my nose apart as well as my chin/under lower lip area it eventually went away (I would say around age 20) and I'm basically acne free in those areas till this day. However, in that time my acne also went to my cheeks, forehead, jaw line and side burn area.

It got me wondering; what did I do to get rid of my acne from those areas? Was it that the topicals so badly damaged my skin it simple stopped producing acne? Was it just hormonal and eventually was going to go away?

Thoughts? Anyone's acne similar?

That is true. Is like acne must be present in your body, at least in one place. I think is due to the poor immune system response, so my suggestion is to improve immune system and also using some antioxidants and fatty acids on the skin as moisturizer (just the right amount). With vitamins and/or porpolis or echinacea you may help the first and for the second issue, just take omega3, use grape seed oil in your salads and use a moisturizer like effaclar H or Fisiogel A.I or another that simulates skin lipids (this helps reducing inflammation, skin looks healthier).

And of course, using Salycilic Acid and BP 2,5% on the spot or prone areas. If you are an adult male, you can take cucurbita pepo, which is full of fatty acids and zinc (read more about it). Drink plenty of water and change you pillow cover frequently.

Yes. It started on my forehead, went down to the sides of my head and then to my cheeks. I've had a few breakouts on my chin and nose, but the acne hasn't really migrated there. OH, and it has most likely stopped on my forehead, for some reasons.

It's the same thing for me. I had acne mostly on my forehead. My forehead was terribly filled with acne. Then I started using Bp and other acne medications and I haven't had any acne on my forehead for almost 3 months. I've been totally clear since then. But since then it's gone to my cheeks and chin. Idk what in the world causes this.

Glad to know it's not just me experiencing this. I NEVER used to have acne on my cheeks and now its all over my cheeks. Then I notice it will start to clear up from my cheeks and my chin and forehead start to break out horribly. So annoying.

I wish it would just migrate to my back or something!!!!