Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I am 27 and about to start on my second course of accutane. I have a girlfriend I really like, and I am worried about dry lips. I am seeing her in two weeks. How can I prepare ahead of time to make sure I don't look like a zombie with crazy dry lips when I get to see her again?

What moisturizing tips do you recommend?

Definitely buy some of Dr. Dan's CortiBalm before she comes. I bought it on Amazon for 5 bucks. I was buying just the regular chapstick you find in drugstores and while they relieve your lips a little bit, it's not long-lasting and you constantly have to keep applying. Dr. Dan's stuff is very long-lasting and soothing where you only have to apply it maybe 3 times max a day, much better than chapstick that you have to apply it a thousand times a day without much relief.

Dr. Dans is the best. My lips are basically pre-accutane state.

I also apply aquaphor over dr dans every night but its not a requirement.

I recommend dr dans to anyone who is on accutane

aquaphor!

also get a lip exfoliater. i have one that comes in a chapstick/lip gloss container and it just has little beeds that rub into ur lips to get rid of flakes. it leaves them soooo smooth, then apply aquaphor.

face: cerave. for sure cream or lotion. i use both! mixed togther

i m on my 3rd month and i started out using aquaphor and it was sticky and gross. I found that carmex in the tube works much better and lasts longer than aquaphor. also tried jajoba oil did not work