Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sandman21

Sources of clogged pores?

I've noticed that although I don't have much active acne right now :surprised:, I'm experiencing a bunch of clogged pores on the left side of my face. There's a bit of hyperpigmentation there now, so I'm not sure if the two are in any way related, but the problem of clogged pores is much more significant on my left cheek than right. When I squeeze at it, a hard yellowish "seed" comes out -- not pus or anything like a whitehead. I believe, although I'm not sure, that if I DON'T pick at it, the top "liquifies" to become a whitehead, though.

I've noticed that most of these occur either in or on top of a follicle where a whisker once stood. :confused: At first, I thought folliculitis, but looking at the symptoms, I don't seem to have that problem since there's no real inflammation. Does anyone have any advice with this? Thanks a million. :shifty:

EDIT: I don't know if it's significant or not, but when I can't sleep on my back, I usually sleep on my left side, and hence, my left cheek is on the pillow...can't think of any other time that the cheeks are exposed to different conditions. And diet/hormones should affect them both equally. :P

Edited by Sandman21

My suggestion is to take some omega3 and grape seed oil in salads, change you pillow cover, and perhaps some mild exfoliator once/twice a week and/or some toner. And please, read the instructions on how to use it.

Thanks for your reply. I already take fish oil most days. I wash my pillowcase once a week. And I get some exfoliating in from shaving and yogurt masks that I peel off. :shifty:

Thanks for your reply. I already take fish oil most days. I wash my pillowcase once a week. And I get some exfoliating in from shaving and yogurt masks that I peel off. :shifty:

youre doing everything right - its so annoying when even that doesnt cure it! i dont have the shaving issue but i am now trying some exfoliation on top of aha lotion in a quest to banish whiteheads that form every day. My skin looks abit red after using both but i guess just exfoliate on days when you feel you need to.

youre doing everything right - its so annoying when even that doesnt cure it! i dont have the shaving issue but i am now trying some exfoliation on top of aha lotion in a quest to banish whiteheads that form every day. My skin looks abit red after using both but i guess just exfoliate on days when you feel you need to.

Yeah, it is annoying! I can't THINK of anything I'm doing differently/wrong...but there's obviously something or I wouldn't have this problem. :wall: