Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SurferGirl656

Eat an apple and felt like i wanna die. HELP?

i havent had sugar in a really long time, but today i ate an apple for the first time in ages. within about an hour i felt really sick and as im writing this my stomach is like CHURNING. could i have an allergy to fructose/sugar? my body hasnt even seen any kind of sugar in like months!

I very much doubt you have an allergy. Fructose is one of the most common polysaccharides, and hence, any human with an actually allergy to fructose wouldn't last too long. :P More likely, your body is simply re-adjusting to having to deal with sugar at all. If it persists/worsens, see a doctor, but I'd guess that you'll wake up feeling fine in the morning. :D

Yeah, it's better to geto out and check with a doctor coz if you felt with a apple you'd imagine eatting a mix fruits, I had the same problem with the chocolates, I didn't eat for four ages chocolates you know I thoguht it was reason my acne. :wall:

System shock. It'd be akin to a vegetarian all of a sudden re-introducing meat into their diet after years of avoidance. Apples are awesome for people on an anti-acne diet... don't give up on them just yet!

I dont do to well with apples either, when i eat one my stomach tends to feel awful for a fair few hours.

You probably have fructose malabsorption. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose_malabsorption

Apples are very high in fructose compared to other fruits.

Since sharply reducing my fructose intake, my acne has cleared dramatically. Check out Databased's thread in the Adult Acne section regarding a zincless zinc regimen. The idea is that undigested fructose binds with minerals such as zinc, which are essential for reducing inflammation, as well as amino acids, and prevent their absorption.

Edited by Brahms

You probably have fructose malabsorption. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose_malabsorption

Since sharply reducing my fructose intake, my acne has cleared dramatically. Check out Databased's thread in the Adult Acne section regarding a zincless zinc regimen. The idea is that undigested fructose binds with minerals such as zinc, which are essential for reducing inflammation, as well as amino acids, and prevent their absorption.

Yes, apples have a high fructose content, but it's 'natural' fructose; combine that with the fiber present in the skin, and you have a case of slow conversion -- perfect for people worried about blood sugar (i.e. people with diabetes, acne, etc.)

It's not a good thing to avoid something entirely for a long period of time. Your body needs sugar/glucose to keep its energy up, but it should always be natural sugar. Your body also needs the vitamins and minerals that fruits and veggies contain.

I had something similar happen myself. I believe it's the "fiber" in the apple that's causing the pains (fermentation, gas, etc.) I'm of the belief that plant fiber does more harm than good to us, especially those who have become dependent on them to relieve constipation.

Yes, apples have a high fructose content, but it's 'natural' fructose; combine that with the fiber present in the skin, and you have a case of slow conversion

You've missed the point. Fructose malabsorption is not about insulin. It's about what's happening in the colon before anything can even reach the bloodstream. So, it matters not one whit that apples have "natural" fructose -- the bacteria will happily overgrow on any source of fructose whatsoever, and apples are high-fructose foods (and one of the first things doctors will eliminate from the diet in a patient struggling with carb malabsorption).

One large, sweet apple can have as much excess fructose (over molar glucose) as a can of Coke. IMHO, all high-fructose foods (apples, pears, mangoes, etc.) are a poor choice for people prone to acne. Stomach upset and intestinal discomfort are hallmarks of carb malabsorption (which helps produce acne IMHO via mechanisms too lengthy to reproduce here).

i havent had sugar in a really long time, but today i ate an apple for the first time in ages. within about an hour i felt really sick and as im writing this my stomach is like CHURNING. could i have an allergy to fructose/sugar? my body hasnt even seen any kind of sugar in like months!

Probably from all the cheesin.

It's not a good thing to avoid something entirely for a long period of time. Your body needs sugar/glucose to keep its energy up, but it should always be natural sugar. Your body also needs the vitamins and minerals that fruits and veggies contain.

Your body doesn't inherently NEED to consume sugar/glucose to keep your energy up. It has the capabilities of turning things like fat and protein into glucose to meet energy needs and when it uses fat and proteins for this purpose, it tends to leave less glucose in the bloodstream.

You can get all the vitamins and minerals you need from meat and vegetables, technically. I'm not against fruit - I quite enjoy it, but I fully understand some people simply may not tolerate it and it is not essential to optimal health.

Yes, apples have a high fructose content, but it's 'natural' fructose; combine that with the fiber present in the skin, and you have a case of slow conversion -- perfect for people worried about blood sugar (i.e. people with diabetes, acne, etc.)

hi cleric

i found some of your posts on a DIM thread

and noticed your also male and were trying it out and getting good results, i was just trying to track you down to ask a few questions

did it work for you in the long run? i could only see that you updated up until the 6th day.

also im 18yr old male , i work out often eat really well, but i feel like im not full of testosterone as im not that agressive, and other such things but not saying im femine lol. i was woundering if estogen dominace may be my problem . is there any chance you could get back to me so we can talk please? im so desperate to improve my acne . thanks