Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

sometimes when guys look at me, i'll feel really bad and mad at myself for wearing makeup and covering up my acne. I feel like i'm tricking them into thinking that i'm pretty and my face is worth looking at. like if they saw me without my concealer and powder, they wouldn't even take a second glance. do any other girls do this?

Don't feel bad, guys do the same thing. Only they even take it a step further and use a secret weapon called "alcohol" to magically make themselves appear funnier and more attractive than they really are...

Acne or not, everyone looks different without makeup. Im a natural blonde, so I look totally washed out without it.

Yup.. It's nice to know that I'm not alone about it, either :P

I've definitely had this same thought before. I even worry about getting in a serious relationship in which I will be expected to be seen without makeup from time to time..and I am NOT okay with that, the very idea of it frightens me. I think that I am pretty much hideous WITHOUT foundation.. However, I also feel like I am false advertising wearing it as well.

I can relate 100%.

Edited by Mollyinoregon

sometimes when guys look at me, i'll feel really bad and mad at myself for wearing makeup and covering up my acne. I feel like i'm tricking them into thinking that i'm pretty and my face is worth looking at. like if they saw me without my concealer and powder, they wouldn't even take a second glance. do any other girls do this?

I'm exactly the same. Even if i get attention from a guy i don't feel good about myself because i think if he saw me without make up, he'd be like urghh what happened to her! It's so depressing! :wall:

I feel pretty fake wearing makeup but there's really nothing else we can do. I don't want my red marks all over my cheeks showing and the pimples that I still get here and there. Regardless of how little acne I have, my skin texture is horrible and it probably looks like I have way more acne than I do. I wouldn't really mind walking around with no makeup around someone if I was in a committed relationship. I'm not confident with my skin but that's not the first thing on my list of things I'm self-conscious about.

Edited by CheyCheyenne

Yup.. It's nice to know that I'm not alone about it, either :P

I've definitely had this same thought before. I even worry about getting in a serious relationship in which I will be expected to be seen without makeup from time to time..and I am NOT okay with that, the very idea of it frightens me. I think that I am pretty much hideous WITHOUT foundation.. However, I also feel like I am false advertising wearing it as well.

I can relate 100%.

yeapp yeapp im the same!! whenever a guy says im attractive, im just like...hmmm okay if u saw me without makeup u would totally say ewwww. not hot. yuck. its just the way it is. i try not to think about it much and realize that ALOT of girls are the same way and alot of girls where makeup or dye their hair or wear different colored contacts etc. guys also modify their looks by working out and getting tons of muscles. so yes its not a nice feeling but eventually ull find that right person and he'll accept u with or without makeup and u won't care anymore. i can't wait for that! but in the meantime it just suckss

plus it does keep me from having a bf cuz i feel fake that they don't really know me

Also:

think about all the things that people/girls do to themselves. makeup is one of the least "fake" things I think. I'm not trying to offend ANYONE with the following list, just trying to get a point across;

- faux tans (or real if it's tanning beds)

- extensions

- hair dye (I do this myself)

- fake boobs

- rhinoplasty

- double your size push up bras

- booty pads! hahah getting pretty popular

- any cosmetic surgery

- colored contacts

- nails

etc etc etc

These aren't bad. Neither is makeup, but I think makeup is much more prevalent and normal than a lot of those things that I see. Go to LA! Haha, you will come back feeling very natural I promise. There is nothing wrong with wearing makeup and guys don't expect you to look perfect without it.

I used to feel like this sometimes when I was younger by the way, I grew out of it. Are any of you in your 20's or more 16ish?

I'm 24. Still haven't grown out of a lot of my skin insecurities yet.. Especially feelings around not being one of those girls that are considered "naturally beautiful." I applaud you for maturing and overcoming your woes around this issue though!

I used to feel like this sometimes when I was younger by the way, I grew out of it. Are any of you in your 20's or more 16ish?

I'm 24. Still haven't grown out of a lot of my skin insecurities yet.. Especially feelings around not being one of those girls that are considered "naturally beautiful." I applaud you for maturing and overcoming your woes around this issue though!

Oh I see. Well thank you. I feel better about skin stuff now but I have a truckload of other things I don't like so unfortunately I am trading evils here. I appreciate it though. Has anyone told you you aren't naturally beautiful? That's the thing- you probably are!

I really don't think acne looks bad on girls. It's not a good look for guys

but it would'nt bother me either way on a woman.

I don't think guys look bad with acne to be honest. Although, I'm not one to judge anyone right away.

I don't think guys look bad with acne to be honest. Although, I'm not one to judge anyone right away.

I was just gonna say the same thing =P I don't think it looks bad on guys. Im the other way around.

I was just gonna say the same thing =P I don't think it looks bad on guys. Im the other way around.

I feel the same! I even prefer a little rough skin than a baby face.