Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peruanofutbol14

DORYX is making me break out bad

I just started taking doryx 150mg once a day for about 8 days with finacea gel morning and night....and ive been breaking out is this common ? does it get worse before better and is it the doryx thats making me break out? please help!!!!!

Heya

Yes it can happen. When i first took Doxycycline back in 2006 for two weeks I had a massive flare and got off it. I went back on it a second time post-Accutane and had no troubles. Therefore I look back now and wished I gave Doxy more of a chance the first time round. Likely Doxy is just pushing acne out of your system. Give it 3 months before making a full judgement.

Shantelle

Guest Timehealsall

are the zits that you are getting inflamed?

3 months is a long long time .. i was on epiduo before and i broke out bad too but it started getting better after 2 weeks and then later stop working... can doryx be the same? and ive been just getting small pimples and ive gotten quite a few while on doryx and ive also noticed alot more skin like bumps im hoping it'll get better after 2 weeks :/

Guest Timehealsall

so you are not getting inflamed lesions? i wouldnt worry about it if i were you. Doxy will eventually clear them up!