Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have literally reached the end of my tether when it comes to dealing with acne. I've had it for 5 years now and if anything, all it has done in that time is get worse.

I've been on numerous different medications, all of which have not worked, but only now has my doctor finally seen sense to actually give me the referral to a dermatologist. But still, it seems to be going nowhere. I have no idea how long it will take for them to get back to me, and the Doctor didn't either, so it just seems like an endless battle. It feels worse because its as if I'm so close to making some possible progress with this, but its just a constant wait. I've had enough of this waiting; its all I ever seem to do.

I want to go on accutane so much now, as I feel that may actually do something. I just can't bear to endure this waiting game for even longer. dang it.

I understand your frustration. Not only have I been there with acne, but over the last few months I had a health scare where I started developing strange neurological symptoms. Even with such a serious, frightening problem, I was getting bounced around waiting lists carelessly, with my insurance company stepping in occasionally to screw everything up.

It's not fair, it's not right... but that's just how it is. That said, it has taught me to be more vocal about standing up for my health and my interests, and has made me "assume" less about how much doctors know or care. I've even decided to go into health care as a profession because of all this endless BS... the system needs to be fixed, and desperately.

Anyway, hang in there, you're not alone.

Its a joke how ruthless some people can be when it comes to such an important factor in ones life. I wish you the best of luck in the future.