Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lauren21

Pressure in Ears

Hello :) I started accutane yesterday (yep just yesterday!) and last night experienced some pressure in my ears. I experienced it today as well...

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this in the first few days and had it subside.

p.s. I ALREADY called the doc and gotten her opinion (which was to stop taking it until i felt no pressure and then to start back on 30mg (1 pill) a day instead of the 60mg). Just wondering what anyone out here had to say about it :)

Edited by Lauren21

im thinking that after 1 day its probably not the accutanes fault but its always better to be safe than sorry i suppose.

gl on your course!

Hello :) I started accutane yesterday (yep just yesterday!) and last night experienced some pressure in my ears. I experienced it today as well...

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this in the first few days and had it subside.

p.s. I ALREADY called the doc and gotten her opinion (which was to stop taking it until i felt no pressure and then to start back on 30mg (1 pill) a day instead of the 60mg). Just wondering what anyone out here had to say about it :)

It most likely wasn't the accutane, since it was only the first day. Besides, I don't even think ear pressure is one of the side effects. You'll be fine.

Placebo effects maybe? Try not to think of it for a day and if at the end of the night you don't remember experiencing it, then it was all in your head. But like your doctor said lowering your dose is a good idea if you're really concerned.

I've heard of people taking a week off due to joint concerns, or lowering their dose for a week to see if it gets better.

Good luck either way! :)

Edited by dorismarilyn

Well I'm on day 4 and all today I experienced a strong pressure in my right eat which is now starting to transfer to my left so it might not just be in your head..

I just wanted to know your progress. Has the pressure stopped? Or are you stopping accutane? Because Im not sure what I should do.

Thanks!

Dang.. Have you talked to a doctor about it datsnotmyname? Is it permanent?

I asked my primary care doc about it but he didn't seem concerned. Don't let what I say scare you though because everyone is different and honestly I haven't heard too many other accutane patients developing this problem.

Kinda late on this topic - logging back on after a LONG time. Just a final result here - the pressure in my eares quickly turned to ringing and more pressure. I ended up stopping the accutane for a month, and then went back on it at a lower dose. Still experienced the pressure/ringing but not nearly as bad. Subsided a little after a month or two and then came back really strong.

Stopped accutane in July, had the ringing in my ears for quite a while. Honestly don't know if I still have it I might have gotten used to it by now. But the conclusion is;

I would take accutane again in a heartbeat. My skin is definitely worth the ringing in the ears. :)