Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Madworld

The Caveman Regimen

Instead of killing you all with a wall a text, I'll summarise my experience just brief enough to get my points across:

1. It DOES WORK - for me at least. (in conjunction with drinking plenty-o-water. limiting sugar (for dental reasons) and cutting out dairy if possible.)

2. I wash my face at night with warm water, towel face quickly to prevent the over-drying of the face. In the morning I just wipe face gently with a hot face cloth. It helps to stop excessive drying but keeps you feeling refreshed.

3. I still get spots and they are now rarely big and angry.

4. I personally didn't notice the red-marks healing any faster. Perhaps I'm just a slow healer.

5. No topicals, moisturisers and cleansers. Eat what I desired apart from the listed above. Sleep schedules sometimes erratic but mostly regular. I do mostly get decent amount of sleeps.

I think it's doing a decent job for me.

Edited by Madworld

My parents put me on this diet when i was little because we were trying to find out what i was allergic to, but i remember

them saying that while i was on it my skin was so much better (because i had some patches of eczema) though being 8 years old i didn't really give a hoot about my complexion at the time.

I even had a book with a cartoon caveman on the front saying what i could and couldn't eat : /

My parents put me on this diet when i was little because we were trying to find out what i was allergic to, but i remember

them saying that while i was on it my skin was so much better (because i had some patches of eczema) though being 8 years old i didn't really give a hoot about my complexion at the time.

I even had a book with a cartoon caveman on the front saying what i could and couldn't eat : /

You might want to read the original post first.

In theory, the caveman regimen should work, it's just not practical for most of us. I tried it for a bit, and found I couldn't stand not wearing makeup (my skin was severe back then). Ashley, your problem was probably caused by the tap water you were using. Tap water is full of chlorine and chemicals that are drying and irritating, so a water filter would be necessary.

Congrats, Madworld :]

You might want to read the original post first.

In theory, the caveman regimen should work, it's just not practical for most of us. I tried it for a bit, and found I couldn't stand not wearing makeup (my skin was severe back then). Ashley, your problem was probably caused by the tap water you were using. Tap water is full of chlorine and chemicals that are drying and irritating, so a water filter would be necessary.

Congrats, Madworld :]

I did read his post, i just assumed he was doing some kind of caveman diet along with his caveman skin regimen.

Well, the 'caveman' regimen as some people practice is filled with goofy (and unnecessary) ideas about no water touching face, dead skin masks and it taking months to restore the acid mantle (it doesn't).

But, I will say it does work for me to not use soap or cleansers. I wash mostly with water only except when I have makeup to remove when I oil cleanse. Or after conditioning my hair, I use a little cleanser in hopes it helps get any conditioner off the skin on my back.

And as a result, the skin on most of my body is really soft without any moisturizer. And for the parts that need something, I use oil on my face, legs and hands. Applying it to still wet skin after bathing lets you apply it lightly.

Edited by alternativista