Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Didier Lemaitre

no pooping = acne

Well more and more i'm starting to think there is a connection between pooping schedules and skin health.

If i go a few times a day my skin looks great, it has a nice tone and even looks smoother.

But if i hold my poop in for a few days, because sometimes i like to do that, or if i eat to much of something that backs me up

i always get zits on my forehead. Now i have read that having zits in the upper half of your face is diet and the bottom half is hormones

so it would appear there is a connection between digestive health and skin.

Anyone else notice this correlation?

The problem is i think i have developed a habit of holding my poop in for too long and i don't know how to stop myself, i don't know if i am crazy

or not but i swear not pooping can build up toxins in your system and cause pimples.

I just wish i could figure out a way to stop this stupid habit

Does anyone else have this habit and if you got rid of it please tell me how you did it because i can't explain it but sometimes holding it in just

feels really good and sometimes i can't help myself : (

Edited by Didier Lemaitre

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Correlation doesn't equal causation.

Anyway, no, I have not. I was sick in August, and since then I've had issues with my bowels and would often go twice a day every day. My acne was no better or worse. My bowels are a lot more normal now, which I assume has something to do with my diet (no longer eating a cereal I was eating and eating more fat and salt - I previously consumed fat and salt without worry before Feb 2010), and my acne is no better or worse based on my bowels.

I assume that the breakouts would more likely be cause by putting strain on your body, especially if you are holding in your waste and not going when you need to go.

I used to hold in my pee all the time, for up to a few days even. Mostly it was because I was physically unable to urinate in public washrooms. I still have some bladder-shyness, but as long as I have my ipod or the bathroom is very loud and busy, it's a lot easier. I basically got over the habit by just making myself go pee when I felt that I needed to go pee. Nothing more to it. Instead of thinking "I need to pee, but I'll be home in 3 hours, I'll wait", I go as soon as I can. I now rarely hold it in unless I physically am unable to go for whatever reason (usually when there are others in there but it's really quiet).

Thanks for your input,

I think it does have something about me holding it in too long as well i wish i could stop doing it but i have done it since i was a kid. It's hard to explain

but i get some sort of rush from it. Anyways i really want to stop because it really does cause my forehead to break out.

My girlfriend has forehead acne too except it's much less noticeable that my type of breakout because we live together

i pretty much know how often she poops, not that i spy on her it's just part of living together, i think.

So one day i asked her if she got the same rush from holding it in that i did because i noticed she only seems to go like twice a week. She gave me the STRANGEST look lol then i told i think that what causes my forehead breakouts and shes like yea i guess i do that sometimes but not for like 3 days maybe for like a couple hours. So it was a relief to know i am not alone. She said she doesnt think pooping has anything to do with acne so i guess it's not common. I think she thinks i'm weird now but we love eachother so i know she wont jusdge me for my quirks. I hope.

I'm going to do an experiment starting today i\m going to crap like 3 times a day and take fibre and stuff if i dont get any forehead breakout i will know these are connected, for me at least.

Edited by Didier Lemaitre

How do you hold in your poop for a few days??!

I don't know i just do, i don't even get the urge to go until like, the third day.

I have never gotten sick from it or anything although i have a suspicion it is probably messing up

my intestines. Like i said i'm trying to stop but it's damn hard, like a morphine addiction or something.

I know i'm fucking weird, pretty sure my gf thinks the same since i told her that. I shouldn't have said anything.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Correlation doesn't equal causation.

Anyway, no, I have not. I was sick in August, and since then I've had issues with my bowels and would often go twice a day every day. My acne was no better or worse. My bowels are a lot more normal now, which I assume has something to do with my diet (no longer eating a cereal I was eating and eating more fat and salt - I previously consumed fat and salt without worry before Feb 2010), and my acne is no better or worse based on my bowels.

I assume that the breakouts would more likely be cause by putting strain on your body, especially if you are holding in your waste and not going when you need to go.

I used to hold in my pee all the time, for up to a few days even. Mostly it was because I was physically unable to urinate in public washrooms. I still have some bladder-shyness, but as long as I have my ipod or the bathroom is very loud and busy, it's a lot easier. I basically got over the habit by just making myself go pee when I felt that I needed to go pee. Nothing more to it. Instead of thinking "I need to pee, but I'll be home in 3 hours, I'll wait", I go as soon as I can. I now rarely hold it in unless I physically am unable to go for whatever reason (usually when there are others in there but it's really quiet).

Thanks for your input,

I think it does have something about me holding it in too long as well i wish i could stop doing it but i have done it since i was a kid. It's hard to explain

but i get some sort of rush from it. Anyways i really want to stop because it really does cause my forehead to break out.

My girlfriend has forehead acne too except it's much less noticeable that my type of breakout because we live together

i pretty much know how often she poops, not that i spy on her it's just part of living together, i think.

So one day i asked her if she got the same rush from holding it in that i did because i noticed she only seems to go like twice a week. She gave me the STRANGEST look lol then i told i think that what causes my forehead breakouts and shes like yea i guess i do that sometimes but not for like 3 days maybe for like a couple hours. So it was a relief to know i am not alone. She said she doesnt think pooping has anything to do with acne so i guess it's not common. I think she thinks i'm weird now but we love eachother so i know she wont jusdge me for my quirks. I hope.

I'm going to do an experiment starting today i\m going to crap like 3 times a day and take fibre and stuff if i dont get any forehead breakout i will know these are connected, for me at least.

I was thinking that just the pressure you cause on your system once you finally do go to the bathroom (does it ever feel like it's hard to actually get things out?) would be enough to put strain on your body - like lifting weights that are clearly too heavy for you (which for me causes small red dots to appear on my body, like tiny spurts of blood under the skin? weird). But I don't think that holding your urine or poop is all that healthy for you. I remember when I used to hold in my urine, my bladder and lower abdomen would feel quite sore, and my urine was always really dark - although I didn't drink enough water, which is probably why.

I have to caution you, don't try to force yourself to go more than you need to. Whenever you go to the bathroom, just see if it will come out on its own. If you feel like you need to exert yourself just to take a dump, then obviously wait until the next time you need to pee. Don't take fiber, just eat foods with natural fiber in them. Don't eat too much of it though, because going too often is just as bad as not going enough. I mean, I probably only need to go like, every other day at most? That's when my bowels are healthy I guess. For some, just 2 times a week is healthy.

Side note: I think that one of the things that freaks me out most about the idea of living with someone I'm dating (that is if I can, you know, get a damn boyfriend already LOL) is knowing that they will know when I go to the bathroom. I can barely pee when I hear someone walking outside of the bathroom door at home... I think I just have a thing with going to the bathroom when others can hear you going lol.

It was hard for me too when we first moved in together, i didn't even want her to know i even took dumps, i used to try and like wait till she was gone or something. Eventually it got to the point where we both just ok fuck it we gotta just not care about it or we wont be able to coexist in this house!

Oh, and yes i do find myself straining myself to go, but that's because hold it in for so damn long And it get too big. it really is ridiculous this habit.

I was shocked when she admitted to me she does get the same sort of rush from "holding it in" lol, even though she denied it at first. I was expecting her to be completely oblivious to my problem, she does NOT like to talk about it though. I need to be able to talk about anything in a relationship and when i feel i have a problem i usually tell her, no matter how embarrassing. I find this prevents awkward moments in the future. I consider this habit a problem not only because i think it causes me to have acne but also because it tends to make me lazy and antisocial. She is the only person i have ever told about this.

Thanks for all the replies and advice guys, iv'e decided to force myself to go only once a day instead of 3 , and i will do this for 3 months and see if i am not cured.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

I was googling around a bit today, and i found tons of links to people saying that if you are constipated that toxins

will basically be released through your skin.

like this one:

http://www.highonhealth.org/will-constipation-cause-acne/

I don't know what the scientific proof for this is though, seems to be mostly people with suspicions but you

would think if that many people think it then it might have a grain of truth.

The thing is i took accutane i wanna know why the hell my forehead acne came back, it has to be something i'm doing and

taking accutane again is out of the question besides it would probably just be the same thing over again.

breaking this habit is going to be near impossible, my body is practically trained to behave this way after years, not

to mention the psychological addiction. I wonder what a psychologist would say about all this. Probably nothing too

good :doh:lol

and to top it all off i woke up with a big zit right smack in the middle of my cheek. I need to figure this out quick or things are going to start barreling out of control again, definitely gonna hate this but i have to start avoiding dairy and sugars again i think. acne is such a annoying disease it has too many causes and its near impossible to figure out

There is definitely a correlation between slow digestion in acne. Many people have mentioned this before and they often take some kind of fiber supplement or magnesium to make sure they don't get constipated. Yes, constipation can lead to acne in some while for others there may be no such effect. Make sure you're also drinking enough water. Eating considerably healthy couldn't hurt either.

Edited by CheyCheyenne

Oh most def. My cystic acne on my cheeks was from severe constipation. Get yourself a good fiber powder. I take Metamucil. Figure out what is hard on your body to digest. Mine is fruit and bread etc. I haven't had a "cystic" pimple on my cheek area since I started going at least once a day and my skin always looks less inflamed when I go more than once a day! And she's right! Drink lots and lots and lots of water. Toxins are constantly building up so peeing is essential! haha

There is definitely a correlation between slow digestion in acne. Many people have mentioned this before and they often take some kind of fiber supplement or magnesium to make sure they don't get constipated. Yes, constipation can lead to acne in some while for others there may be no such effect. Make sure you're also drinking enough water. Eating considerably healthy couldn't hurt either.

Well thanksyou for your advice, CheyCheyenne

hm, the strange thing is i don't have a slow metabolism at all, it's really fast . When i eat a meal or take a pill i feel the effects of them almost immediately, i drink about a gallon of water a day and i do eat healthy. I eat things like quinoa seed and goji berries, wild salmon and i never eat trans-fats. I don't drink alcohol or do drugs or smoke either.

But, despite all this my bowel movements are naturally just far apart at least i think it's natural, sure seems like it

Maybe i need to eat more Mcdonalds and get drunk more to take this edge off

Lipslikesugar22:

Well, it's good to see someone else made that connection on here, i was going to buy some fiber, then i thought is fiber a really good idea though when you're already backed up?? seems contradictory.

I do have a secret weapon for this though, coffee ;)

Yeah. I've definitely noticed the correlation between not crapping well and acne. I have to eat a big green salad everyday. The fiber keeps waste moving out and the beta carotene gets turned into vitamin A by the liver, which in turn helps lower sebum production.

Yeah. I've definitely noticed the correlation between not crapping well and acne. I have to eat a big green salad everyday. The fiber keeps waste moving out and the beta carotene gets turned into vitamin A by the liver, which in turn helps lower sebum production.

agreed completely :) pooping had led to acne for me and fiber seems to stop it.

i've found a sugar free fibre drink and god its nice. it takes like a berry juice and its beautiful. i recommend everyone tries metamucil :)

This makes alot of sense - the past week or so I've been constipated (fairly badly) and have had acne out of fucking nowhere. I basically eat lean protein and salad, with a bit of olive oil and occasionally wholegrains. Had no idea why I was breaking out.

I think you could be onto something - I had a google around and there's definately a correlation. I'm currently taking fibre supplements and having some coffee (yes the dreaded caffeine) to see if this helps me at all, because I can't fucking stand it.

and fucks sake i think this could explain my acne for a long time - for instance last summer, i was eating/drinking gluten, dairy, caffeine, alcohol, beer, sugar without giving a flying shit and was partying with little or no sleep. my skin was perfect. i was shitting like 3 times a day because of alcohol and exercise. now i am eating amazingly, not shitting for a few days at a time (constipated when i do) and my skin is crap. what the fuck

i think this entire time it couldve been bowel movements, no matter how unhealthily i was eating.

FUCK

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

It's kind of weird. Constipation isn't what 'caused' acne for me per se, but it definitely contributed and worsened the problem.

Now that my acne is pretty much gone, except for really rare breakouts-I still notice that my skin just looks nicer when I'm regular, and for me that's at least one dump daily. But then I also eat alot of raw veggies and green salads for the beta carotene that reduces my oily skin--and all of that stuff helps move things along pretty regular.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Well more and more i'm starting to think there is a connection between pooping schedules and skin health.

If i go a few times a day my skin looks great, it has a nice tone and even looks smoother.

But if i hold my poop in for a few days, because sometimes i like to do that, or if i eat to much of something that backs me up

i always get zits on my forehead. Now i have read that having zits in the upper half of your face is diet and the bottom half is hormones

so it would appear there is a connection between digestive health and skin.

Anyone else notice this correlation?

The problem is i think i have developed a habit of holding my poop in for too long and i don't know how to stop myself, i don't know if i am crazy

or not but i swear not pooping can build up toxins in your system and cause pimples.

I just wish i could figure out a way to stop this stupid habit

Does anyone else have this habit and if you got rid of it please tell me how you did it because i can't explain it but sometimes holding it in just

feels really good and sometimes i can't help myself : (

When I don't poop, I get sores and cysts. Never acne. I think the sores and cysts come from fecal matter trying to find a way out. This has me believe that the human body is truly a perfected organism. If you won't release the toxic then the toxic will release itself. What a species we are!

Okay. Don't want to release TMI. But I got every day once a day. Sometimes I will go multiple times a day it just depends on what I ate the day before. I'm not complaining here. I'm glad that I go at least once a day. However, I want to increase the amount that I go. I hear that apple cider vinegar helps to go too. Of course add more veggies. fruits. fiber blah blah blah. I do al that already. I avoid carbs. Feedback much apperciated.

Okay. Don't want to release TMI. But I got every day once a day. Sometimes I will go multiple times a day it just depends on what I ate the day before. I'm not complaining here. I'm glad that I go at least once a day. However, I want to increase the amount that I go. I hear that apple cider vinegar helps to go too. Of course add more veggies. fruits. fiber blah blah blah. I do al that already. I avoid carbs. Feedback much apperciated.

Eat a banana. 1 or 2 a day will add 1 more poop session. Trust me. It also comes out smooth too. I used to eat a bunch of bread, fruit salad, and bananas for lunch. Then I'd top it off with a few bananas. Less than 30 minutes later, I'm releasing anacondas into the toilet oh my! :dance:

P.S. Still had acne though which is why I was eating like that in the first place lol!

*laughing* i thought bananas clogged people up? Yeah forehead acne....thats usually when bowels aren't moving properly... this happens occasionally to me. i'll get little black head type thingys.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape