Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indiana

Rough, Irritated Skin Question

So I've been on DKR for about 3.5 months and the acne is pretty much gone, thankfully. There is a little dryness and flakiness but since I use a lot of moisturizer, it's really not bad at all. During the day however my skin feels "rough" and itchy. It doesn't feel stiff or tight, but when I touch it, there's seems to be a rough texture to it. Anyone else experience this or know how to help my skin feel softer and more smooth? I'm using all DKR products including the new moisturizer. Thanks everyone.

So I've been on DKR for about 3.5 months and the acne is pretty much gone, thankfully. There is a little dryness and flakiness but since I use a lot of moisturizer, it's really not bad at all. During the day however my skin feels "rough" and itchy. It doesn't feel stiff or tight, but when I touch it, there's seems to be a rough texture to it. Anyone else experience this or know how to help my skin feel softer and more smooth? I'm using all DKR products including the new moisturizer. Thanks everyone.

The rough patches on your skin are probably bits of caked on dry skin patches..not pretty, but I know exactly what you're talking about. You may also notice that in direct sunlight or in a really harsh bathroom lighted mirror your skin looks rough and somewhat lizard-like, scaley.

To get rid of this, just put a little more pressure on your face when washing it. This will cut out the dry skin almost completely. I know Dan says to be extra gentle, but unless you put a little more pressure when washing, that dry skin is going to still be caked on and may even cause a breakout from irritation. I wash my face kind of roughly (more than what Dan recommends anyway...) and my skin is a lot smoother and softer than when I was being really gentle.

Thanks Kat! I tried that tonight and it worked pretty well. A lot of the flakes and and buildup came off so I'll see tomorrow if that worked. Thanks again!