Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovepigeon

Could cyst be gone? (warning sorry if tmi)

Hi I have had an acne cyst under the skin on my chin for about 4 months which I haven't been able to do anything about because its under the skin. 2 days ago a small zit formed over the area where the cyst is and then next day (yesterday) it was bigger and came to a head. Without me really picking at it (just a bit of friction from cleaning face) the zit burst but then stuff was slowly coming out for about 15 minutes (looked like mostly pus and some blood). Normally only a tiny bit of gunk comes out of spots that I get so I'm hoping it was the gunk from the cyst coming out. I disinfected area afterwards and today swelling in that area has pretty much completely gone.

So basically does it sound like cyst was draining?

Is there anything I should do now to make sure cyst is completely gone?

Thankyou for advice, this is first cystic acne I have had so was not sure what to expect.

if it's scabbed over then don't touch it

if it isn't then put some hydrogen peroxide on it for like 5 minutes, let dry, and put a band aid over it, and let the band aid sit over night and take it off in the morning (unless it hasn't scabbed over, then repeat the peroxide stuff)