Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe1985

Hard lump left after cyst?

Anyone any advice on this, its driving me mad. Had a cyst for like 2 months, then it became a scab and now its just a hard lump which nothing seems to work on. Not sure what to do...

I have the same thing. I had a cyst a couple months ago right below my eyelid and i lanced it and it went away but i still have a red mark and a hard little lump, please update if you found what worked for you.

Ditto my fellow acne or lump battling comrades>>>

PLEASE UPDATE, oh yeah, this lump i've had since about october of '08.

talk about FAIL!

what if you have no insurance and this can't get to a derm w/o a pretty penny, is there anywhere else i can find out about the lump, or should i just google scar tissue?

and ignore all the red hot chili peppers links that come up>

in my experience, if the cyst doesnt form a head and the core, that hard white creamy sebum stuff doesnt get extracted, it can remain in the skin for a very very long time. even after all the pus and stuff is drained out, the remaining area will still be red and sort of bumpy and harder than the rest of your skin. eventually it should even out and feel less hard, but it could take months.

Its been like this for like 6 months... i think it would be gone by now, i honestly think its just a really big scar/scar tissue but i have no idea of how i can get rid of it

ive had the same thing for MONTHS im always scared its going to come up to surface, and that ive got to deal with the whole process again. dunno whats worst tbh.

Even I was suffering from cyst in lower part of my arm. Initially I used a cream suggested by the doctor but that did not help. Can anyone here help?

Omg I had that on my forehead and I don't know why but since I've had that lump, cysts have been coming back to that very spot! It's so damn annoying. Tea tree oiling the crap out of it is the only thing I can think of doing. Just started Claravis (isotrention aka accutane), so I'm really hoping that'll help solve it somehow.

where can you get that Tea Tree Oil?

You can get it at any health food store like Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, etc. It comes in a really small bottle, usually by the bran Desert Essence. It's like $7. Worth a try. Good luck!!

I had a very hard cyst back in 2006 and it took about 4 months to heal. However it forever altered the side of the bridge of my nose. There forever is a hard spot where it was, and the skin is rough, and this is 4 years after the problem. Note : Haven't had a problem in that spot ever since though.

Hey as the OP thought Id update you on how mine is going - Ive been on accutane a few weeks and it actually seems to be making it go down a lot and could disappear altogether. A huge improvement anyway

where can you get that Tea Tree Oil?

You can get it at any health food store like Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, etc. It comes in a really small bottle, usually by the bran Desert Essence. It's like $7. Worth a try. Good luck!!

thanks a BUNCH darling, i'll def. give it a try since my options are limited w/o insurance, plus i want to get at this problem au natural.

Hey as the OP thought Id update you on how mine is going - Ive been on accutane a few weeks and it actually seems to be making it go down a lot and could disappear altogether. A huge improvement anyway

good for you man. that gives me hope b/c what MONEYSHOT said had me feeling a little down to say the least. You put me back on +. Hopefully your situation improves even more.

I have the same thing. I had a cyst a couple months ago right below my eyelid and i lanced it and it went away but i still have a red mark and a hard little lump, please update if you found what worked for you.

Hi I have this problem and although I am far from finding a solution to my poor skin when the cysts come up and go back down but leave a hard lump behind I use Origins spot remover. Put it on the lump every day and night and that seems to shrink them more than if I left alone and risk allowing them to re-swell at a later date. Spot Remover contains salicylic acid which I assume to be the most active ingredient. Along with that it contains glove bud extract, witch hazel and oregano. I have no idea why this seems to work for me. I have tried other brands which contain similar products but nothing else come close. It's fairly pricey at 10 in uk and comes in tiny bottle, but used sparingly for this purpose it lasts a while and is sooo worth it. Hope it can help you too. X

Edited by leavemyface

LEAVE MY FACE - where do you get your ORIGINS Spot Remover from?? or where did u get it from??

ONline somewhere i hope?

as i doubt i'd be able to find it in whatever store you may have got it in the UK.

LEAVE MY FACE - where do you get your ORIGINS Spot Remover from?? or where did u get it from??

ONline somewhere i hope?

as i doubt i'd be able to find it in whatever store you may have got it in the UK.

anyone else get these hard lumps after a huge cystic acne???

they seem like another zit forming but its right in the area of the former inflamation. seems like the deeper/larger a zit is the more likely it will scar/lump?

I'm guessing these lumps might be scars that will gradually (months) get flatter and flatter?

Edited by mboona

ONline somewhere i hope?

Hi Apologies for the delayed reply - I have been looking and it seems it is harder to get hold of if outside of the uk however I have seen a few people selling on ebay which might be your best bet. I get it from the origins skincare website or stores selling their products, not sure if you have it in US or not. Best of luck.

Xx

ONline somewhere i hope?

Hi Apologies for the delayed reply - I have been looking and it seems it is harder to get hold of if outside of the uk however I have seen a few people selling on ebay which might be your best bet. I get it from the origins skincare website or stores selling their products, not sure if you have it in US or not. Best of luck.

Xx

no problem LeaveMyFace, better late than never and i appreciate it.