Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest DellHell

What's the best product to use on a dried up acne scab?

Guest DellHell

Hiya, it's Tuesday today and I have a dried up acne scab on my nose; a pretty big one. I want it to heal by Friday. Can somebody recommend a product that will help it heal fast? It doesn't have to be necessarily a medicine or something specifically for acne. I heard from the video below that Aloe Vera gel is effective. Thanks!

PS No prescription meds please 'cause I won't be able to get one.

PSS I'm also in the UK where I don't have immediate access to Neosporin and other antibiotic ointments as they are prescription meds here.

Edited by DellHell

Guest DellHell
Wow no Neosporin? That sucks. Use Vaseline and keep the area moist, the scab will heal and come off sooner and the skin will be less angry.

Thanks for the tip.

Yeah no Neosporin... I was only made aware of this treatment for the first time yesterday when somebody suggested it. I can order it online though so I will. Still probably won't arrive in time for it to heal the area up before Friday.

On a positive note, I can already feel the area turning all "scabby," meaning by Friday morning it should have hopefully fallen off.

Vaseline is fine. I think a product called Savlon is available there, not sure if it is prescription or not though.

sudacrem (sp?) it has some zinc for antibacterial effects and petroleum to keep it moist.

Wow no Neosporin? That sucks. Use Vaseline and keep the area moist, the scab will heal and come off sooner and the skin will be less angry.

Thanks for the tip.

Yeah no Neosporin... I was only made aware of this treatment for the first time yesterday when somebody suggested it. I can order it online though so I will. Still probably won't arrive in time for it to heal the area up before Friday.

On a positive note, I can already feel the area turning all "scabby," meaning by Friday morning it should have hopefully fallen off.

Oh okay. Yeah it would be a good thing to have in your arsenal! Yay! That's not too bad! I hate the scabs that take a week or more, they are so hard to cover. I'm glad that it's going well. If you need anything else let us/me know!

Guest DellHell

Thanks for the tip.

Oh okay. Yeah it would be a good thing to have in your arsenal! Yay! That's not too bad! I hate the scabs that take a week or more, they are so hard to cover. I'm glad that it's going well. If you need anything else let us/me know!

Thanks, appreciated =]

Guest Timehealsall

just curious but when should something like neosporin or vaseline be used? What if a pimple is "ready to go" and it pops by itself, but it is still an open wound (a very small slightly open wound). Should i let it heal by itself, or apply neosporin?