Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gucci Manee

I know of a cheap exfoliator that clears acne

I've had moderate acne for a long time, and I've given up on all the soaps and chemicals that are advertised to cure acne, and switched to ONLY using lemon.. NO SOAP, NO BENZOYL PEROXIDE, NO SALICYLIC ACID! And my skin is looking better than ever... And I've been only doing this for 1 week so far!

Think about it... if you have had acne for a long time, and all your regimens are not working, why not try to change it? My thoughts is that soaps and harsh crap that we put on our faces damages the skin, thus causing pores to clog and causes it to be oily. I have tried alot of medications, soaps, medicated lotions, everything. Nothing has worked... And my skin was looking ugly and damaged. Soaps strip your skin of oil that it NEEDS. Oil by itself won't cause acne, clogged pores and bacteria do. Companies are selling us BS that doesn't work or that damages our skin, thus perpetuating our need to buy their products.

Ever since I started using lemon, my pores are a lot smaller, skin is smooth as silk, skin is radiant, and LESS OILY!! Lemon OR lime is fine. Lemon has a slightly lower pH than lime, but lime has reducing sugars, which may or may not have its benefits (no one knows, up to you to find out). The acidity of lemons do a few things:

- the acidity gently exfoliates your skin without scrubbers that causes micro-bruises on your skin. It works similar to an acid peel, but is more gentle and exfoliates to a smaller extent.

- it kills bacteria

- doesn't strip your face of oil

What I do:

- Rinse face with warm water

- Put lemon.. I cut a quarter wedge of a lemon and squeeze the juice out onto my palm and gently apply on my face

- Let it sit for a few seconds

- I take the wedge that now has its pulp exposed and gently rub that on my skin to exfoliate

- Let it sit for a few seconds

- Rinse warm/cold water

- Apply lotion (I use cetaphil)

- Apply a bit of lemon juice to skin

I do this morning and night.

Give it a try, let us know the results. If nothing else is working, why not give this a shot? Clean, healthy, radiant skin!

I have been told this a number of times that lemon is good for skin but i feel that lemon will burn my skin.I once put it on my skin and my face was all red and burning so i never used it again on my face

So I guess its been.... 4 months since I started seeing results from the lemon

It's been 4 months of acne-free-ness... well... sorta. I've had no horrible break outs, just a few pimples here and there. My skin is perfectly smooth, no oil, no flakiness, my scars and dark spots healed up nicely!

My acne used to be horrible... I am 22 right now, and a few months ago, I thought I would have acne for the rest of my life. But behold, the power of the lemon!

TRUST ME! TRY IT!

cut back on the soap! soap and chemicals/medicines/drying agents irritate your skin and causes it to produce excess oil!

When you start, try using lemon as a "soap". Actually use warm water on your face, and let the lemon juice sit on your face and GENTLY massage your skin. also add some drops of lemon to your mild moisturizer 2 times a day. Then cut back to using only water in the morning and lemon at night. I use lemon juice and moisturizer because I feel it gives the effect of salicylic acid lotions by killing bacteria. Not to mention the vitamins and natural citrus oils that your skin gets from the lemon juice.

I am currently at the point where I splash my face with water and I'm set for the day. I use lemon when I shower ONLY. I believe that the heat and water softens up your skin, opens up your pores and allows the lemon to exfoliate and cleanse. (Sometimes I skip showers because I get too drunk and pass out). Oh yes, I drink and smoke all sorts of things, and sleep at 3am. In my opinion my skin would be better with a better lifestyle, but whatever :whistle:

If you can, substitute moisturizer with pure aloe vera. Try to buy a plant, and cut a leaf off and scrape the gooey stuff off and save it. Put a thin layer with a few drops of lemon as your moisturizer at nighttime. I still use normal moisturizer with sunscreen for the daytime though. I have no idea how much the aloe vera plant is but it's worth it taking into consideration that you will be replacing all the acne products you will ever buy in the future with LEMONS AND ALOE VERA!

I swear by this stuff. My skin used to be so oily to the point where I'd have to wash my face with water in the middle of the day numerous amounts of times. After about A WEEK, I could see the difference.

OH AND YES!

LEMON WILL BURN A BIT! DON'T PUT IT ON OPEN SORES THOUGH!

duh... let your wounds heal before you put any type of anything on it! but the burning? that's the acid going to work and exfoliating. it shouldn't necessarily burn unless your skin is damaged. its not abrasive to your skin like scrubbers and such, its exfoliating the dead skin chemically, without physical force like scrubbers.

YOUR DARK SPOTS MAY TURN A BIT RED!

its okay! it lasts for 10 minutes! it could just be that you got blood circulation going in your face, thats a good thing!

Salicylic acid lotion pH ranges from 4-5 pH. Lemon juice ranges from 2-3 pH. Lemon will definitely kill the bacteria and exfoliate without stripping your skin of oil. Aloe vera will repair your skin and has all sorts of nutrients. That's essentially the ideal acne treatment isn't it?

I see it like this:

Companies create these products for acne which ironically PRODUCES acne in its users! Why would they make a product that eliminates the use of the product itself? Acne medications are drugs! If acne products really did eliminate acne, then people wouldn't need to perpetually invest in these expensive topical products, thus putting the companies out of business. Think of how much you ever spent on acne medication, and compare it to other hygiene product costs. Chances are that you spent more on acne products than most other hygiene products! Sorry for the rant, but that's my honest opinion.

Remember, my acne and skin was horrible, I just stuck to this plan for 4 months, and my skin is great now. Oh yeah, stay hydrated and take care of your kidneys and liver.

Edited by Gucci Manee

Lemon.

The acid in the lemon chemically exfoliates your skin, you are essentially getting a chemical peel each time you use lemon on your face. The acid kills bacteria. There is no need to use soap, the bacteria is dead, and the water will wash away excess oils and debris from your skin.

Salicylic acid soaps/medications have a pH of 3-4

Lemon/Lime has a pH of 1.8-2.2

The reason why skin gets oily is because its compensating for dry skin that occurs when all the oil is stripped by soap.

So when you use lemon (fresh), start light. It should sting a moderate amount, but of course that's supposed to happen. Don't place it directly over open sores! Use it in the shower, where it is diluted by the water already on your face. Squeeze lemon juice and rub the lemon wedge gently over your face, let it sit there for 20 seconds, run your face under water. Finished. You can gently massage your face but don't over-do it. In less than a week, even a few days, your face will be noticeably LESS OILY. You can do this in the morning as well, but usually, you won't need to, as your face will not be oily. I do this once a day, at night in the shower. Moisturize with non-medicated moisturizer. Fresh aloe vera helps too. Personally, I squeeze a bit of lemon juice in my moisturizer and apply it to my face.

Your face will be red! My face still gets red. But after a few minutes, its silky smooth.

I posted this before, and I've been using lemon ever since, and my face is so much better. My family has noticed, and finally I got them to use it too. And they now swear by it also.

So stop whatever you are doing, you are putting poison on your skin. Why do you think acne products are everywhere now? Because they are a huge business. They are expensive and exacerbate the problem, thus causing people to perpetually buy their products.

Trust me, bless this website, but it exists because there is a product being sold. Dan's regimen may work for some people, but IT DIDNT FOR ME. I finally found something that works. I am not selling anything, I am telling you to try lemon because I had acne for 6 years and I felt hopeless. I tried lemon because it was the last thing out there. All the medication never worked, and made my skin look unhealthy.

Try it and let us know how it went.

Edited by Gucci Manee

450 views and no responses?

has anyone tried this?

care to post results?

due to lack or response, i have created another thread. 8 months later and still clear and doing awesome!! :)

here's my new thread

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/cheap-exf...le-t281838.html

i am only doing this because i want to help you guys out! but due to lack of response, i feel like my efforts are in vain :(

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

i have very pale sensative skin and i just started using lemon juice and it broke me out like crazy with a bunch of tiny whiteheads so im going to stop using it

I've used lemon in the past, and it worked (kind of)

It made some of my blackheads fall out, which was nice, dried up some pimples, and overall made my complexion look nice and kind of glow-y (i've never had that before)

But the pain of putting it on every night was horrible, i'd want to scream for fifteen minutes until it dried, and then it would be sticky for the rest of the night, and i tend to have a lot of small cuts on my hands, and that didnt help too much.

all in all, it was nice, but it didn't really CURE my acne (i used it for about two-three weeks) and the pain wasnt worth it.

Hey - you kids that say it burns - don't put straight lemon juice on your face!

If it burns you, dilute it. Do a honey mask, or yogurt mask, or both and add a few DROPS of lemon juice. A little bit of lemon juice goes a long way.

i definitely have to agree that the all natural way is one of the best ways to go to cure acne. sure, it does take awhile, but my skin just feels BETTER when i use jojoba oil, pure aloe, yogurt, lemon or honey. like its being fed, nourished. not attacked. Granted, i do have a ways to go for having great skin WITHOUT makeup, but so far the natural way has gotten my skin texture much better so that the makeup sets better. good enough for me, for now. :)

Wait can i use it for acne scars too? My skin is sensitive so can i use it? and is it everynight thing? also can it be green or have to be yellow lemon?

Lol,"Water will wash away excess oils and debris."

Water does not remove oil. Try washing bacon grease from a skillet with just water,then record it so I can laugh at you.

Also,lemon burns the heck out of people.Diluting it with something might be okay,though.

For a final note, there's tons of threads on lemon juice.You didn't really bring anything new to the table.

I have been told this a number of times that lemon is good for skin but i feel that lemon will burn my skin.I once put it on my skin and my face was all red and burning so i never used it again on my face

You can dilute it with water or for best results honey.

Wait can i use it for acne scars too? My skin is sensitive so can i use it? and is it everynight thing? also can it be green or have to be yellow lemon?

I used to use lemon to fade my scars and yes it worked. Thank god I read this post and now I recall my experience with lemons. Yes they might be little harsh on sensitive skin or they might actually turn your skin little sensitive while in sun as mine is now, still I can't deny its effect on my scars.

From today on, I would now dillute the lemon with honey/ vit E oil and use for few nights before purchasing an anti marks night cream.