Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaulyD

Going in for fraxel to treat fraxel side effects

This Saturday I'll be going in for my 6th fraxel restore treatment. This will be my last one in all likeliness. I have a feeling I might be in for fraxel dual to get rid of hyperpigmentation a year from now but anyway. Like I said, i had 5 restores already with minimal scar improvement and now I'm left with brown hyperpigmentation. It's not severe but it's not mild.

Has anyone here treated fraxel hyperpigmentation? I really wonder what settings my doochebag of a doctor and his clown nurses will use. I'm thinking like 55? I had one at 45, one at 55 and three at 70. I think for pigmentation they use moderate settings so that's why I say 55.

I feel like I'm doing laser after laser and this will be my 8th laser treatment this year (2 vbeams). The whole year Ive been out of the sun. Out of public. Had to stop sports because I played AFL and it's 90% outdoor training in the harsh Australian sun. And for what? Only thing that came out of this is a much better eye for spotting a compitent doctor and the realisation that restore does fuck all for moderate-severe scarring and that even though youre not DARK skinned, fraxel can still leave you moderately pigmentated whcih is yet another thing I have to deal with and another thing that has brought down my selfesteem.

This Saturday I'll be going in for my 6th fraxel restore treatment. This will be my last one in all likeliness. I have a feeling I might be in for fraxel dual to get rid of hyperpigmentation a year from now but anyway. Like I said, i had 5 restores already with minimal scar improvement and now I'm left with brown hyperpigmentation. It's not severe but it's not mild.

Has anyone here treated fraxel hyperpigmentation? I really wonder what settings my doochebag of a doctor and his clown nurses will use. I'm thinking like 55? I had one at 45, one at 55 and three at 70. I think for pigmentation they use moderate settings so that's why I say 55.

I feel like I'm doing laser after laser and this will be my 8th laser treatment this year (2 vbeams). The whole year Ive been out of the sun. Out of public. Had to stop sports because I played AFL and it's 90% outdoor training in the harsh Australian sun. And for what? Only thing that came out of this is a much better eye for spotting a compitent doctor and the realisation that restore does fuck all for moderate-severe scarring and that even though youre not DARK skinned, fraxel can still leave you moderately pigmentated whcih is yet another thing I have to deal with and another thing that has brought down my selfesteem.

Why not fraxel Re:pair?

Where Buddy & I live there is only 1 fraxel repair machine in the whole state. I had an appointment with the doc & he said that he had never used it on acne scarred people yet (this was a couple of months ago) & he only had the machine for a year...

Australia, Vic get with the times :rolleyes:

Good Luck Buddy :)

Why is it a good idea to use the same laser that gave you the PIH?

Maybe you should wait and see if it goes away on its own with sun avoidance and possibly that c ream they give you for PIH.

Maybe consult a different MD. I don't know a whole lot about fraxel, so I don't know what you should do. Dudley knows a lot or would at least be able to point you to some articles or something.

Edited by Anti - Em

OMG, this is what's happenedto me too.PIH micro scarring which I never had before,and they want me to do dual next. Why are they doing this to use, what have we done. I ask the Dr this all the time. I feel your pain and it's really sad that we have to pick up the pieces all alone. Can you let me know were you went, Im from Melbourne.