Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
quantumtheory

Natural cure for staph infections?

I've read in some places that there is some natural cure for staph infections. It involves like 3 things you can buy anywhere. I'm curious what these are because I may have narrowed down what I have on certain parts of my body to be a staph infection.

I have medical coverage but if I can avoid antibiotics that would be great.

The few things that I've seen recommended were grapefruit seed extract, olive leaf extract, and raw garlic. also colloidal silver.

Anyone have any suggestions or any idea what I'm talking about?

I believe this is what you are referring to: http://www.news-medical.net/news/2007/12/04/33135.aspx

...In laboratory studies, OSU scientists compared three types of compounds for their effectiveness in killing four strains of MRSA bacteria that are most commonly found in a public setting. The compounds were those made with neomycin and polymyxin; those made with polymyxin and gramicidin; and those made with benzethonium chloride with tea tree and white thyme oil.

...All of the products had some antibacterial effectiveness against MRSA bacteria, the OSU study found, but only the Benzedrine chloride compound had a genuine “bactericidal†effect – meaning it reduced the number of bacteria by a factor of 1,000 – against all four of the tested MRSA strains.