Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zitslayer123

Whens best time to start accutane!?

Hey guys. So im gonna take accutane. Im just dreading the IB. But i have 2 weeks off of school for christmas break so i just wanted to plan it out that my bad IB would happen in these 2 weeks you know? so like how many weeks before my break should i start? this way i would not have to be in school when my worst initial breakout was. when did your guys IB start and when was it the worst? My acne is not too bad. please help!

If you live somewhere where the weather is cold in the winter then I would wait until the summer time to take accutane. I feel like cold weather would exacerbate the already terrible irritation and dryness accutane causes.

Edited by Fred Q

IB hit me 8 days in. It varies for everyone though. From someone who just started accutane heres some advice. seriously dont underestimate how dry you get. use moisturizer and lip balm from day 1 even if you are not dry. and use lip balm every few hours. personally i couldnt wait till summer but if you are willing to wait i have heard some people took antibiotics for a few months pre-accutane and supposidly it reduces the chance of IB

If you live somewhere where the weather is cold in the winter then I would wait until the summer time to take accutane. I feel like cold weather would exacerbate the already terrible irritation and dryness accutane causes.

thanks alot! well i livee in AZ so i dont think that will be a problem! :)

IB hit me 8 days in. It varies for everyone though. From someone who just started accutane heres some advice. seriously dont underestimate how dry you get. use moisturizer and lip balm from day 1 even if you are not dry. and use lip balm every few hours. personally i couldnt wait till summer but if you are willing to wait i have heard some people took antibiotics for a few months pre-accutane and supposidly it reduces the chance of IB

okay thank you so much! so when was your breakout the worst while on accutane? and how long did it last?