Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sunset1

Natural Masks/Vitamin A

Would it be better to use natural masks than others?

Recently I saw some videos on YouTube by bubzbeauty and she talked about natural masks. Ingredients like strawberries, oatmeal, olive oil, honey, etc. were used.

Are these masks a good idea? Do natural masks actually work?

I would hate to wind up with a big breakout from one of them.

Also, since acne drugs like Accutane and Retin-A contain high doses of Vitamin A, would my skin be benefited by eating increased amounts of Vitamin A?

Edited by Sunset1

I've been using a plain yogurt mask with some success for about the last 5 days, and so far, so good -- no breakouts. :] If it ends up being something that clears me up, I'll make a separate topic about it.

If you're already getting high amounts of Vitamin A from drugs, I don't see a reason to ingest more. Your body probably will just dispose of the extra.

Homemade remedies seems to be working better for me than the ones your buy at the store :). Plus, you actually know what you're putting on your face, hehe.

I've been using a plain yogurt mask with some success for about the last 5 days, and so far, so good -- no breakouts. :] If it ends up being something that clears me up, I'll make a separate topic about it.

If you're already getting high amounts of Vitamin A from drugs, I don't see a reason to ingest more. Your body probably will just dispose of the extra.

Any specific brand you like? I want to try it out myself in my fruit exfoliating mask (since yogurt is also exfoliating) to help increase its hydration, but I'm not sure what brand I should pick!

I honestly think it was just whatever plain yogurt brand I had in the fridge! Dannon, I think. :shock: I've been using it 3 times in the last week (generally on days I don't shave) as an exfoliant. I let it actually dry on the skin, which takes about an hour, and then gently peel it off. Since it also is supposed to contain lactic acid, I'm hoping to see a reduction in red marks as well. While I haven't had any breakouts since then and have experienced perhaps a slight fading in redmarks, I'm not sure how much of that is attributable to the yogurt itself. :razz: But so far, there have been no real negatives!

Thank you for all your replies. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have been crazy busy with tests and whatnot.

Since I am lactose intolerant, would yogurt break me out anymore?