Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

hot water vs cold water vs tepid water

Guest Timehealsall

Guys, whoever here has been on the regimen for a long time, what do you recommend to use to wash your face? I usually just pour water in a glass and then pour it on my face (tepid water) and then after cleansing and washing it off, i pour some cold water on my face.

What do you guys think?

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Guest Timehealsall
I remember you mentioning the cup thing... I really don't see how that is any more beneficial than just rinsing with your clean hands. Please explain your logic behind this decision.

As for what temp, NEVER use hot or cold. Both can cause damage such as sensitivity and broken capillaries. Tepid is usually the best to go with, but you can go a bit warmer or colder if you like. I like warm water, as I find cooler water and tepid water don't feel as comfortable on my skin.

ahh crap, i have been washing my face with cold water for a while now... But i usually just pour one glass of cold water on my face.

One question, can broken capillaries show up years after doing this? Or do they usually occur rather quickly?

Guest Timehealsall

the water though isnt SUPER COLD, but it is rather cold.

Regarding the cup thing, i feel that if i just use a cup to pour water on my face, i am not irritating it, ( i have big clumsy hands) and it feels like im not getting the water in all the places of my face if i wash with my hands.

crap, i hope i am not going to get broken capillaries :(

the water though isnt SUPER COLD, but it is rather cold.

Regarding the cup thing, i feel that if i just use a cup to pour water on my face, i am not irritating it, ( i have big clumsy hands) and it feels like im not getting the water in all the places of my face if i wash with my hands.

crap, i hope i am not going to get broken capillaries :(

Stop over-worrying things and sit back and really think. You're fine. You're not going to get broken capillaries unless you begin flagellating yourself somehow....

Cold water's fine. It's not damaging.

WHY the glass thing? Explain.

Guest Timehealsall

heh, i do overthink things, (having a plethora of skin problems makes you over think things).

Regarding the glass thing, let me explain. Ok, whenever i splash water on my face, for some reason, my hands always seem to accidentally touch my skin in a rough way. For example, i for some reason always accidentally "hit" the tip of my nose with my hands, since my nose is quite prominent. Obviously i am not "hitting" my nose hard or anything, but it just doesnt feel right. I know you can touch your face when your hands are clean, but it just does not feel "right" when i splash water on my face. So instead, i pour water in a clean glass and pour it on my face. Is this fine?

I know i sound like an idiot, but thats just me.

Guest Timehealsall

Also, when dan says to "cleanse" your face for 10 seconds or less, does this include splashing/pouring water on your face, or just when you actually apply the cleanser on your face with your fingertips? What about when you have the cleanser on your face, is it okay if its on there for longer than 10 seconds (it takes longer than 10 seconds for me to fill the glass and then pour it all over my face, as i have to fill it numerous times).

Also, when dan says to "cleanse" your face for 10 seconds or less, does this include splashing/pouring water on your face, or just when you actually apply the cleanser on your face with your fingertips? What about when you have the cleanser on your face, is it okay if its on there for longer than 10 seconds (it takes longer than 10 seconds for me to fill the glass and then pour it all over my face, as i have to fill it numerous times).

Explain the glass thing first. ;)

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Simple solution to the "rough" splashing: Don't literally splash your face. Just take the water, cup your hands, and kind of spread the water over your face, like you do with your cleanser (just don't rub the water). Repeat until rinsed off.

That's how I rinse.

I just turn my hot and cold knobs on full blast.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Guest Timehealsall
Simple solution to the "rough" splashing: Don't literally splash your face. Just take the water, cup your hands, and kind of spread the water over your face, like you do with your cleanser (just don't rub the water). Repeat until rinsed off.

If your skin doesn't seem to feel all that sensitized from the water temp, don't sweat it. I personally can't use either extreme as they both severely irritate my skin, and most will recommend staying away from both extremes. But you know, whatever works for you eh?

yea i do not rub the water. But is there anything wrong with the glass thing?

Explain the glass thing first. ;)

wynne, i explained it. But i can sense the sarcasm unfortunately...

Sarcasm, no. Curiousity, yes. I see you did explain, but your explanation does not make sense.

Guest Timehealsall

ok. Whenever i splash water on my face:

1) it doesnt feel like i get the water everywhere on my face

2) it feels like im irritating my face, because sometimes on accident, my fingers might slap or hit my face a little to hard

3) my hands are big and clumsy

So, instead i use a glass and pour the water in it, then pour it on my face. I also feel like the glass method makes sure you get the water everywhere, thus making sure you wash away all of the cleanser on your face.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Guest Timehealsall

but still, other than time consumption and messiness, using a glass is no problemo. Am i right?