Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinkstarlett

new solodyn user

How long does solodyn typically take to see significant results? Do you usually experience an initial breakout? Thanks! My derm isn't very informative on medication side effects, I've learned everything from these boards!

Edited by pinkstarlett

Heya

Give any acne medication at least 3 months trial before expecting significant/visable results. Sometimes antibiotics can give inital breakouts- just depends on how much acne the med needs to push out. Some people say IBs don't happen on antibiotics but they are incorrect, cause it happened to me the first time I ever tried antibiotic Doxycyline.

Best, Shantelle

Hey! I just started taking Solodyn too, just until I start accutane next month. I have only been on it for 4 days, and it is already making me breakout more. When I went to the derm, she gave me some cortisone injections and by the next day, everything had gone down and my face looked pretty good. But that night I started the Solodyn, and everything I had injected popped right back up! It sucks, but hopefully the Solodyn will help the IB not be so bad when I start the Accutane.