Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shortee

Gonna try it...a few questions though

Ok I'm going to order 2 months worth and give it a shot. School starts on Sept. 27th so I'm going to give it my all until then with this regimen and then if not, Accutane here I come!! I just got done reading the FAQ about it and watching the videos and I had a couple of questions still:

1) I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, I assume this is OK, similar enough to Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer shown on the site? ( I love Cetaphil!!!!!!! )

2) Since moisturizing at night is optional, how do you know if you should do it or not? Just go by how dry you are? Should you moisturize at night to start with while your skin adjusts then quit after a month or so?

3) All this rubbing!! Is it necessary to rub gently for so long to absorb it or can you just let it sit and soak in by itself?

Thanks, I'm feeling hopeful about this!

Moisturizing at night is optional, but I ALWAYS moisturize. Your skin will be dry and uncomfortable otherwise and moisturizing helps the skin heal. a very important step.

yes, all that rubbing is necesary to get the BP and moisturize into your pores to kill the P. Acne bacteria. Otherwise it will sit on the surface and minimal BP will be utilized.

Awesome thanks for your reply. I really hope this works. I'm totally freaked I just spent that much money on this....I'm a fulltime college student and have to watch every penny. $60 is a big amount of money for me to spend on 'hopefulness'...but I'm getting desperate, and since I have no idea how I'd pay for Accutane I figure I'd better explore all other options first. If this gets me clear it will make me a lot more social, happy, and have new friends, and you can't put a price on that!!

I usually have cystic, but it's mild, 4 bumps or so on my chin/mouth area at any given time, so I hope it works. *fingers crossed*

My only advice is to follow the regimen EXACTLY as described. Be very gentle when washing face to prime it for the BP, apply the BP very gentle without pressing to hard, and same goes for the moisturizer.

unless your acne is very severe there is no reason why this wouldnt work for you as long as u follow it precisely.

drinking plenty of water (like a gallon a day atleast) always helps.

and DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE AT ALL no matter how bad itches.

and be patient even tho you will see results immeadiately

Go ahead and moisturize twice a day, especially at the onset of the regimen. And everyone's advice above is good. Follow it precisely, moisturize daily, and really make sure the bp is absorbed.

If you can, take a pic of your face now, even if it's just for your own use. If you can share your journey in the gallery that would be even better.

As far as whether it will work, that's a tough call since we can't see your skin. Cystic acne does sometimes require more than topical treatment, however, people with cystic acne often find the regimen works great.

-Dan

Thanks for the input. I have already created a template webpage so now I am just awaiting the arrival of the products smile.gif I will post the link soon as I get it up, thanks much! I am feeling really good about this. If this works I'm going to convince my boyfriend to try it too, he has tried EVERYTHING short of accutane and gets no results. He won't go on accutane, which is fine, so if this worked for him it'd be awesome. bb_smile.gif

LOL, geez I'm a ninny....I just realized that I don't need BOTH the Neutrogena and the BP gel.....anyway I cancelled my order for the Neutrogena, so hopefully I did that early enough. I don't know why I was under the impression you needed both, so disregard my comment earlier about it being too expensive hehe, the BP gel is very reasonable.

dont even think about not moisturising...i was using panoxyl (very harsh already), and after the first few hours my skin wasn't dry at all so i thought i wouldn't need to moisturise. few days later my face was so dry a crust of hard dry skin actually formed, which was quite painful and yucky looking.

dunno about rubbing the BP, but i use a salicylic acid wash to clear the pores. so the BP penetrates better, apparantly