Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wesclo

swimming and red marks (helpful?)

Ok so I know a lot of people have issues with swimming and red marks embarassment etc but I notice when i go swimming in a chlorinated pool, usually a couple of laps my red marks look a lot lighter.

Has anyone else noticed this?

they usually return to their original color within a few hours but could the chlorine actually be lightening the marks?

I rarely go swimming so I don't know what the long term effects on my marks/skin would be, any ideas?

I think I'll try going swimming more often anyway just to see what happens. :surprised:

Water polo guy here, it dries your skin out like none other in the long run. Usually when my skin is a little dry, the red marks are less noticeable, so that might be it.

I really don't have much to compare it to because i've been in the pool since i've started getting acne. But what i can say is that even with daily swimming, i still get scarring, quite often. although since i've stopped using BP the scarring looks much better.

Apple Cider Vinegar has worked really well for me to lighten my scarring ;] If you haven't tried it you have to. it was like 2.50$ for the bottle too.

GL and swimming is a great work out. if you must have acne, having abs is a nice consolation ;]