Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yvieve

Best Moisturizer For The Regimen? NOTE:

Hi.

I'm Ester, and I don't like AHA. So please keep that in mind.

My skin is extremely dry from using BP and all that, plus its winter, but I have hard water.

My skin is not terrible, but sometimes is stiff, now moreso because of the winter.

I really want something that will moisturize SUPER well. AHA just sits on my skin and leaves it still feeling rough. I'd have to say, Cetaphil is the best I've used, but I'm looking for something, if possible, that is better. Keeps a better texture.

I'm currently using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. I've purchased the Cetaphil Moisturizer, Eucerin PLUS Dry Skin Therapy w/ Aha, CeraVe Moisturizer (Returns both CeraVe products - terrible face) - and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion (At night - I actually really like this, but too oily for day use.)

Also keep in mind I am using the regimen. So I'd prefer if you were a regimen user if you were to answer my question. I don't want to be ugly AHA-shiny, but a little bit of healthy shine will be fine. I like a creamy, soft feel, like Cetaphil's and how it made my skin feel, rather than the slicked up AHA skin feeling, and I KNOW that AHA is NOT absorbing into my skin but sitting on top and leaving a rough, slicked surface.

I'm relatively sure I'm going to go return my other product right now and grab a Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. I'm hoping that it will help with softness. I live in a VERY dry climate, plus its winter, plus I'm on the regimen, like I noted above. So I'm going with;

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Dan's BP

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

I'm done with all these AHA additions - I want creamy and nice, so why not go with a Cream? Plus, if its too thick, I can mix it with some leftover Cetaphil Lotion.

I'll let you know.

I'm relatively sure I'm going to go return my other product right now and grab a Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. I'm hoping that it will help with softness. I live in a VERY dry climate, plus its winter, plus I'm on the regimen, like I noted above. So I'm going with;

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Dan's BP

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

I'm done with all these AHA additions - I want creamy and nice, so why not go with a Cream? Plus, if its too thick, I can mix it with some leftover Cetaphil Lotion.

I'll let you know.

I've used the cream and it tends to leave a white film if you don't REALLY work it in, really greasy (doesn't usually bother me since i just blot it off an hour later) and its kind of hard to apply since its so thick, and doesn't really moisturize well (at least for me)

The lotion is MUCH better, but you mentioned you didn't like it, so might as well try the cream.

I adore, adore, adore this cream! I put it on and holy shit. So moisturizing, so wonderful. I can't even describe it. I used so little, too, and no flakes at all! I do the same regimen as you (Nearly) I do;

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser,

Dan's BP,

Neutrogena Healthy Skin/Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Pretty similar!

I adore, adore, adore this cream! I put it on and holy shit. So moisturizing, so wonderful. I can't even describe it. I used so little, too, and no flakes at all! I do the same regimen as you (Nearly) I do;

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser,

Dan's BP,

Neutrogena Healthy Skin/Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Pretty similar!

Kind of random, but yeah.

Glad you like the cream :3