Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iRyRy

My Experience... loss of concentration.

It's not cut and dry, but I suggest you to experiment with the fish oil. Many of us find that fish oil exacerbates the side effects, partly because fish oil acts on the same receptors as accutane. (type 2 nuclear receptors)

good luck!

It's not cut and dry, but I suggest you to experiment with the fish oil. Many of us find that fish oil exacerbates the side effects, partly because fish oil acts on the same receptors as accutane. (type 2 nuclear receptors)

good luck!

You're saying I should avoid Fish Oil?

I'm not saying you should. Just saying that many of us who suffer side effects avoid fish oil like the plague, as we react very poorly to it. So you might want to experiment.

good luck!

You're saying I should avoid Fish Oil?

I have to agree with John1234 tread very lightly if you are going to take fish oil and if you do make sure there it is not cod liver oil, or there is no cod liver in the ingredients or fish that is loaded w/ Vit A. Most suffers do not respond well to fish oil.

I have to agree with John1234 tread very lightly if you are going to take fish oil and if you do make sure there it is not cod liver oil, or there is no cod liver in the ingredients or fish that is loaded w/ Vit A. Most suffers do not respond well to fish oil.

Alright, thanks for the info.

I just wish I had all this knowledge on accutane before hand. I fucking hate how they prey on teenagers suffering with acne... fucking scumbags trying to squeeze money out of anything they can get their hands on. I wonder if the maker of accutane would agree to do a full 6 month course of it... probably not. And who's giving this dangerous drug out? DOCTORS! These are the people that are supposed to be looking after your health. What a world we live in, ehh?

I fucking hate it. If only I had seen the light of corruption before.

I'm getting more and more past the regret of taking accutane, I'm now feeling the anger. I'm angry at the world. Why risk my overall health for something so meaningless like acne? I'm fucking pissed of right now at this whole situation. FUCK YOU DOCTORS, YOU SELFISH BASTARDS OUT FOR FUCKING MONEY!!!! I want to fucking punch my derm in the face, that fucking bitch. She made accutane seem like the safest thing in the world. People like this don't deserve to live. If you're whilling to ruin people's lives for a few bucks... you need to be put to sleep. What did I ever do to them? I'm an innocent teenage boy...

I can't believe I fell for their little scheme. I fucking hate everything right now. FUCK YOU!

I keep editing this post, and adding more and more, I need to vent my anger. WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY GIVING THIS SHIT OUT?? Sure, I probably didn't get the worst of it, but I still regret it. Fucking scumbags. The world is an awful place thanks to the greedy bastards that own it.

I'm seriously wanting to start a mob, of people who are suffering from the effects of accutane, and those who see the corruption behind the pharmaceutical industry. These stories need to be heard. We are the little man, we are David. We need to conquer Goliath...

The worst part about all this is... why me? Why are they attacking us? What have we done to them? The pharmaceutical company is not trying to heal us, they want us to be dependent of their drugs. If they cured you... what good would that do to them? Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck.

Why did I take the pill? Why was I given the pill? I don't know who to blame... But that doesn't matter, that won't resolve anything...

Why didn't anyone tell me not to take it? Why do the doctors sugar cote the whole thing? Why is the talk of side-effects wrong? Who knows... maybe the side-effects are more likely then it actually curing your acne? We just use the word "side-effect" to make it seem less possible, when it is completely possible.

Why was I given this poison? Please someone tell me. Why is the world so cruel? Don't tell me I'm a distinct case of accutane, we are all distinct.

I'm filled with regret and anger. Regret is probably the hardest to live with. It's your body getting all worked up, because it wants to fix the problem. But the fact that the problem is unfixable is what makes me angry. I don't know what to do right now. The only thing that lets me escape this world is meditation. And even then, the thoughts come back to me.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?

Edited by iRyRy

Alright, thanks for the info.

I just wish I had all this knowledge on accutane before hand. I fucking hate how they prey on teenagers suffering with acne... fucking scumbags trying to squeeze money out of anything they can get their hands on. I wonder if the maker of accutane would agree to do a full 6 month course of it... probably not. And who's giving this dangerous drug out? DOCTORS! These are the people that are supposed to be looking after your health. What a world we live in, ehh?

I fucking hate it. If only I had seen the light of corruption before.

I'm getting more and more past the regret of taking accutane, I'm now feeling the anger. I'm angry at the world. Why risk my overall health for something so meaningless like acne? I'm fucking pissed of right now at this whole situation. FUCK YOU DOCTORS, YOU SELFISH BASTARDS OUT FOR FUCKING MONEY!!!! I want to fucking punch my derm in the face, that fucking bitch. She made accutane seem like the safest thing in the world. People like this don't deserve to live. If you're whilling to ruin people's lives for a few bucks... you need to be put to sleep. What did I ever do to them? I'm an innocent teenage boy...

I can't believe I fell for their little scheme. I fucking hate everything right now. FUCK YOU!

I keep editing this post, and adding more and more, I need to vent my anger. WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY GIVING THIS SHIT OUT?? Sure, I probably didn't get the worst of it, but I still regret it. Fucking scumbags. The world is an awful place thanks to the greedy bastards that own it.

I'm seriously wanting to start a mob, of people who are suffering from the effects of accutane, and those who see the corruption behind the pharmaceutical industry. These stories need to be heard. We are the little man, we are David. We need to conquer Goliath...

The worst part about all this is... why me? Why are they attacking us? What have we done to them? The pharmaceutical company is not trying to heal us, they want us to be dependent of their drugs. If they cured you... what good would that do to them? Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck.

Why did I take the pill? Why was I given the pill? I don't know who to blame... But that doesn't matter, that won't resolve anything...

Why didn't anyone tell me not to take it? Why do the doctors sugar cote the whole thing? Why is the talk of side-effects wrong? Who knows... maybe the side-effects are more likely then it actually curing your acne? We just use the word "side-effect" to make it seem less possible, when it is completely possible.

Why was I given this poison? Please someone tell me. Why is the world so cruel? Don't tell me I'm a distinct case of accutane, we are all distinct.

I'm filled with regret and anger. Regret is probably the hardest to live with. It's your body getting all worked up, because it wants to fix the problem. But the fact that the problem is unfixable is what makes me angry. I don't know what to do right now. The only thing that lets me escape this world is meditation. And even then, the thoughts come back to me.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?

Not to be rude but maybe you should go out and stop coming on the internet and thinking stupid shit. Ya sometimes i feel like im not myself but after that i hang out with my gf and friends to see "you know what, its only mental shit... i have not changed!". PLease do yourself a favour and get off this website. Seek attention even from a psychiatrist stop coming on here seriously. Stop reading shit about accutane on the internet. Go out. GO OUT MY GOD

TO OP:

Can you post your daily diet?

On a usual day:

Breakfast:

- A bowl of gluten-free corn flakes

- Mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries)

Lunch:

- Chicken stir fry (chicken, green beans, broccoli, red/green peppers, mushrooms)

- Or Quinoa salad.

Supper:

- Gluten-free corn spaghetti

- or Chicken stir fry

- or Fish (talapia/salmon)

- etc.

Snacks:

- Green smoothie (spinach, mixed berries, orange juice)

- Rice crackers

- Corn chips

- Carrots/Apples/Bananas/Berries/more gluten-free cereal

And I drink about 5-6 glasses of water per day.

You're whipping yourself up into a frenzy and flailing about looking for 'cures'. You'd benefit from a psychiatrist.

Honestly, I've lost all confidence in most medications. What are they going to prescribe me? Depression pills? I'm not ready to start taking more medications after accutane. And I doubt counseling will do any good as I'm almost certain my problem is physical.

You're whipping yourself up into a frenzy and flailing about looking for 'cures'. You'd benefit from a psychiatrist.

Honestly, I've lost all confidence in most medications. What are they going to prescribe me? Depression pills? I'm not ready to start taking more medications after accutane. And I doubt counseling will do any good as I'm almost certain my problem is physical.

Uh huh, you're cutting off your nose to spite your face, so to speak. Why not TRY it at least, go to a psychiatrist.

Depression, my dear, IS physical. There are organic changes in the brain associated with it. ANY brain illness is physical and that includes things like OCD, bipolar, depression, autism. There are physical changes in the brain. It's no less 'real' than any so-called physical illness...they're ALL physical.

Well this is an interesting topic

To the OP : Are you suffering from memory loss ?

And i mean by memory loss : not remembering recent events or something you want to do and forgetting it or having an examination at school and studying and when you are in the examination you are forgetting most of the things you read/saved it in your memory ....

Because i took Roaccutane 2 years ago and i'm suffering from memory loss { as mentioned above } and loss of concentration

this it my last year at school and it's the hardest one , it will determine my future

I'll be thankful if you answered me

Uh huh, you're cutting off your nose to spite your face, so to speak. Why not TRY it at least, go to a psychiatrist.

Depression, my dear, IS physical. There are organic changes in the brain associated with it. ANY brain illness is physical and that includes things like OCD, bipolar, depression, autism. There are physical changes in the brain. It's no less 'real' than any so-called physical illness...they're ALL physical.

Alright, but I've been looking up what people have to say about the pharmaceutical industry (especially depression pills), and it all seems like a scam.

I'm not saying all pills are bad however.

Well this is an interesting topic

To the OP : Are you suffering from memory loss ?

And i mean by memory loss : not remembering recent events or something you want to do and forgetting it or having an examination at school and studying and when you are in the examination you are forgetting most of the things you read/saved it in your memory ....

Because i took Roaccutane 2 years ago and i'm suffering from memory loss { as mentioned above } and loss of concentration

this it my last year at school and it's the hardest one , it will determine my future

I'll be thankful if you answered me

Yes I am.

I'm mostly forgetting names and stuff like that. It takes me a while to remember them.

Also, while speaking I sometimes have to pause to regain my train of thought, or to remember a word. And where it mostly shows, math class. I'm much slower then I was before at solving equations... "how do I do that again?".

I'm also in my last year of high school, I'm gonna have to work extra hard if I want to keep up my average...

Youtube is such a font of knowledge. :P

Loolll, didn't see that one coming. Ok maybe not the Bill Maher one, but the retired pharmacist?? There are many many other websites and reports speaking about the same thing. And it makes complete sense.

I mean look at the rest of Hoffman LaRoche's products... they seem to be curing a lot of conditions accutane is causing. It makes sense, why would they want to cure us? Why not give us a sense of being "cured" when in reality we're making ourselves dependent of their medications...

OH MY GOD !!!!

Then both of us suffering from this

http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/Treatments...cts/chemo-brain

Remember that ISOTRETINOIN is a CHEMOTHERAPY medication

so...........

I wish someone had told me this before.

It's just fucking acne. Now I live with regret. Although I still live...

It's constantly on my mind. It's eating me up in side. I try to forget about it, but this feeling of "dumbness" is inescapable. Even when I'm not thinking about IT, I'm still thinking. Then I realise "I'm not as fast as I was..." Then I get angry that I took accutane.

If this occurred to me without the use of accutane I would be happy, at least I would know it was inevitable. Fuck accutane.

I'm taking a break from this site. I might return in a few days.

Edited by iRyRy
OH MY GOD !!!!

Then both of us suffering from this

http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/Treatments...cts/chemo-brain

Remember that ISOTRETINOIN is a CHEMOTHERAPY medication

so...........

I wish someone had told me this before.

It's just fucking acne. Now I live with regret. Although I still live...

It's constantly on my mind. It's eating me up in side. I try to forget about it, but this feeling of "dumbness" is inescapable. Even when I'm not thinking about IT, I'm still thinking. Then I realise "I'm not as fast as I was..." Then I get angry that I took accutane.

If this occurred to me without the use of accutane I would be happy, at least I would know it was inevitable. Fuck accutane.

I'm taking a break from this site. I might return in a few days.

Good idea. Also, i notice you use proper grammer. Psychiatrist

Edited by keiko1
Chemo brains explains all my mental problems, the side effects continue to pile on.

Just for my knowledge, could you explain your accutane experience in detail?

Dosage, days on the drug, when you started seeing certain side-effects, age, etc...

It would be greatly appreciated.

Update:

I'm still having these feelings, and I'm unsure if they're getting better or worse. I came to the realization that what I'm experiencing is depression. I was just denying it because this isn't what I expected depression to feel like. I thought it would be controllable, but instead it feels like a physical problem rather then an emotional one.

Before Accutane I was "depressed", but it was only about my acne. How did I know this? When I forgot about my acne, and preoccupied my mind, I felt no sadness. But now, I am without interest in most activities. I'm not even dwelling on any emotional event, it's just this constant fog over my emotions. As I stated before it's like being an empty drone or a zombie.

Tomorrow is my MRI scan. I really hope they find something. I have bouts of sadness but overall I'm staying strong. I've sort of been able to manage this by not letting it consume me. It's very hard because it's a constant feeling of depression, but I'm managing. The worst is when I'm left home alone. I use this opportunity to express my anger towards Roche by screaming. Anger is a natural emotion, so I'm glad I'm feeling SOME emotion. Overall I'd say I'm a B- emotionally (A+ being happy-go-lucky, and F being suicidal).

I've found similar stories to my own. People experiencing depression post-accutane. I'm asking myself if it's permanent... But just as I once attempted everything for acne, I shall attempt everything for this depression. Running seems to make me feel good, it's practically meditation. I'll start running.

I'm going to seek recovery, whether it takes a day or a lifetime.

EDIT: I almost forgot, I've been experiencing a lower-libido then usual. And it doesn't seem to get as hard as it used to... I swear if this is permanent, I'm going to go apeshit.

Edited by iRyRy

I just had my MRI today. They sent the results to my doctor, and I should be contacted in a week or so.

While in the MRI machine for 30 minutes, I had a nice little time to think. I realized that what is bothering me the most is that I feel "un-pure". It's hard to explain. I feel like because I have taken Accutane, I am no longer my natural self. My body has been altered. It's a very eary feeling and it's bothering me.