Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ensi

please suggest treatment

this is what my scarring looks like on the left cheek when I smile. there are a few rolling scars (particularly visible when I smile) I think and one deep boxscar, one deep ice pick scar, some boxscars on my chin. I also have other boxscars on my right cheek but they don't bother me that much. please tell me something will work on it. I know the picture is blurry. i"ll try to upload something better.

post-126646-1287854129_thumb.jpg

post-126646-1287854129_thumb.jpg

Thanks Dudley. I am really sceptical about lasers though. any other suggestions?

No. Why? Fractional ablative Co2 is one of the only treatments scientifically proven to work. I will not suggest what I do not believe in. There are some things such as subscission, which has promise, but most of the other stuff is just smoke and mirrors. All the vitamins in the world will not help you one bit. Hyaluronic acid and retinol also have scientific backing for reducing wrinkles

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Laser-Lin...ma-t252527.html

Lasers won't do much for rolling scars. I have a ton of rolling scars and my first derm suggested I do CO2. After two sessions, all I got was a ton of hyperpigmentation and unhealthy looking skin. CO2 laser will not smoothen the rolling scars. It is a waste if you do not perform subcision first to cut away the fibrous tissue holding your rolling scars down. That's my two cents.

Guest Timehealsall

just curious, but how exactly do rolling scars form? I mean, how do u get these big ass rolling scars from zits? Sorry for my ignorance

in my case, the smaller ones formed just because. maybe genetics. my father has scars. the bigger rolling ones - picking on cysts. I HATE myself for that. I cried many many nights because of what I did to myself. so don't touch your cysts guys.

I hope there is a chance for me to get it better. I really get confused when I read about all the treatments and I'm starting to lose hope.

Please note: I specifically said Fractional ablative Co2 and not just Co2. I had the regular Co2 and it did nothing. Pigmentation is always a concern especially if you have darker skin. The strength of you treatment will also determine your improvement so be prepared before you talk to a doctor. All of my Re:pairs have been done at 70mj-60% which is right at the max setting any doctor will do. Lower settings produce reduced results and dissatisfaction.

Please note: I specifically said Fractional ablative Co2 and not just Co2. I had the regular Co2 and it did nothing. Pigmentation is always a concern especially if you have darker skin. The strength of you treatment will also determine your improvement so be prepared before you talk to a doctor. All of my Re:pairs have been done at 70mj-60% which is right at the max setting any doctor will do. Lower settings produce reduced results and dissatisfaction.

i realize your stance on the original co2 but i do think it's very difficult to see no results with something that literally tears away your skin unless in fact the settings weren't high enough with the original ablative co2. were you treated by a qualified ps (not an aesthetician) and did he/she go deep enough that your skin was completely white the day after? i had dermabrasion with the old co2 and i can't imagine no change if they tore you a new one like they did myself. just curious.

I would recommend the new c02 lasers. I have similar scarring to you and have had the c02 smartdot laser done with some improvement. Don't listen to people who tell you a cream or lotion will help you because they won't. Fillers might also help as a temporary solution.

i realize your stance on the original co2 but i do think it's very difficult to see no results with something that literally tears away your skin unless in fact the settings weren't high enough with the original ablative co2. were you treated by a qualified ps (not an aesthetician) and did he/she go deep enough that your skin was completely white the day after? i had dermabrasion with the old co2 and i can't imagine no change if they tore you a new one like they did myself. just curious.

I believe the orginal Co2 was better suited for those looking to treat crowsfeet rather than acne scars. Here is a very interesting article on the history of the laser.

http://healthy-aging.advanceweb.com/Editor....aspx?CC=112180