Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dc025

Chapped Lips

Hey guys I am on accutane and have really dry lips. There is this white line around them that gets so annoying. I have been using Aquaphor for the past couple days but it hasnt gotten better. It sucks because at school it looks like lip gloss and if i dont use it my lips are all chappy, do you guys know of anything that can help? Thanks.

put moisturizer on them b4 u go to bed (the lips are skin too ya know smile.gif )

medex by blistex, and burt's bees lip balms are pretty good I hear (only tried the medex one)

medicated lip balms are GREAT. I'll warn you now though, they sting at first. Blistex has two or 3 medicated balms (I don't know the diff though, since they're all yellow anyway...) One is in a beigey colored pot, another one is in a white pot, and another one is in a blue pot. (I'm talking about lip balm pots here) I found that the medicated balms work better than the normal lip balms.

I'm using Blistex Pro Relief. It's a stick, and I don't recommend it. It melts so easily in hot weather.

Get a balm or a tube.

I feel your pain Man. Accutane has only really given 1 one major side effect and that has been Dry Chapped Lips- Not very Attractive.

I am using a 3 pronged approach. My main weapon is the blistex lip ointment that frances has put a picture of- use this when your lips are so dry and chapped to kind of restore them and get rid of the dryness.

Blistex Lip Conditioner which comes in a Round Tub thing is what I use as my hourly application thing- If I put it on every hour I do not get the chapped lips (this stuff is great)- but sometimes I go for stretches where it is not possible to apply it like when I am out or at University (being a guy it is kind of embarising for me to apply lip stuff in front of people) and even if I do it when no one is around it kind of leaves a tinge of shinyness which is kind of a problem for me. But if I do not put the lip conditioner every hour my lips get really dry and chapped after about 3 hours and so this is when I would use the Ointment to get them back to normal (this is the strong stuff) and then continue using the conditioner to maintain them.

Finnaly I apply something called "BePanthen" at night. This is For Nappy rash but dont worry about that. My derm recommended it and it is so mousitrising and prevents the lips from drying out overnight but it does leave a very shiny residue so that is why I only use it at night. This stuff is also really cheap.

I hope all this stuff helps you

Parks

Check out Dr Dan's Lip balm at Dermstore.com It has 1% hydrocortisone. I'm not on tane, but I use it and love it. It's also matte like chapstick.