Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
abcDonna

Finally Going on Accutane!

Nevermind! I got it filled on time :D Hooray month 2! I hear this is a slow month, so I'm going to try to be as patient as possible, especially since classes start Monday eek. Maybe by occupying my time I will forget the time and it will go by quickly!

As of now my skin is doing alright I would say. Few big ones under my chin/on my neck, near my ear, and my jawline. Other than that, cheeks are pretty clear, my nose has NO blackheads which is wonderful!! Dry skin, dry lips and still have that annoying scab in my nose :(

Things are looking up from here :) I hope it stays that way! Derm said she won't be upping my dose. I think I said that already? Nobody has been responding to me though! Lol.

Thats all for now, its almost 4am eeek night!

Heyyy, congrats on starting month 2!!

Patience is definitely the key. Glad to hear things are looking up for you too and that you managed to fill your perscription on time!

I'm back in lectures on Monday too, fingers crossed for us both that our skin will decide not to be a pain in the arse and be okay haha.

Hey girl just stopping by to say hi and offer some support. Sorry I haven't been online for a while, my career just started and it's crazy!

Glad to hear the prescription thing turned out well! And yes, patience! :D

If you're not going to post any pics, you should really remove the words "and pics" from the title of this thread. I came here to be inspired by someone's accutane progress and instead I find myself sifting through six pages of pure TEXT! Talk about misleading.

On a side note, congrats on your progress; I'd like to add that pictures speak louder than words! You keep saying that no one is responding, maybe if you posted pics more people would respond.

misspiggie, I don't think it's up to you to decide for anyone whether they should or should not post pics. It's traumatizing enough to have acne, and now abcdonna has to read your comments like that... what the hell? she'll post them when she's ready, thats what i think... read the text, its all very informative and helpful... i would say that even without pictures, people's words are inspirational because here they come from the heart... we all feel each other's pain and all share the happiness and joy of progress... it's most important for abcdonna to feel her own progress, she's the one that has to see it and feel it first and foremost!

misspiggie: That was very uncalled for. I DID post pics, and if you so happened to read my entire thread, you would notice that I edited the post that included my pictures, stating I was uncomfortable having them on here after a while, but will re-post them later on. There is absolutely no reason for me to explain myself other than that, but I will because some people can be quite ignorant and rude, with unnecessary comments on forums that need nothing other than comfort and support. I understand that the title can be misleading, but it's not that I don't intend on posting pictures at all (again if you read my ENTIRE thread you would already know this, and no I'm not wasting your time, it takes a few minutes to go through these threads) - I have before, am taking them down for a while, and will (like I said in my previous post), put them back up along with more progress when I am ready. I had plenty of replies from several wonderful people before I even uploaded those pictures. It took me so long to even post a few pictures of myself, and yes it did feel good at the time but I wasn't comfortable anymore. I was only concerned with not receiving replies when I really needed it and had no way of contacting my doctor. So before you go and bash me for doing something that is 100% my choice, think again considering the fact of how stressed I, along with many others, already am with my condition and state. I am trying my hardest to stay strong, brave, and patient, and people like you do not help whatsoever and are not needed on these boards.

Katushkinz: Thank you so much, I honestly really appreciate you standing up for me like that. People like you really help us stay strong and not give up, and more important not care about mindless, ignorant, and unkind people. Thanks so much <3

On a better note, I look fabulous right now with my make-up on. I'll post pictures tomorrow! If any of you girls need make-up advice, let me know :D Although I'm sure you all look beautiful with and without <3 Hope you're all having a great weekend!

I am honestly here for you and for anyone else who needs support! I get it from everyone on acne.org, so I am here to help out others! Stay strong, girl! We know the medication works, just a little different for everybody!

JessyL: Hi Jessy! Thanks! How were you/your skin on your first day back at school?

BorntoRun: Thanks sweetie and it's totally fine! I haven't been on much because I'm getting all ready for school again haha.

Katushkinz: Thank you :D:D

So... I definitely noticed some big ones pop up underneath my chin/on my neck. SUCH an awkward area! I'm glad its not niceable unless I lift my head back but boy do they hurt... there's tons of them :( Also two big ones on both sides of my cheekbones like on the very top of the bone >_< Thenn a couple near my ears that keep bleeding gross!! Still tons on my jawline... blah. I'm hoping this month will go by fast even though I nkow it goes by slow for many ;(

I still have this rash thing (I forgot what my doctor called it lol) on my hand. She gave me some cerave lotion to help it but when I put it on it BURNS and feels like my hand is being fried so I'm gonna call her and see what I can do. Other than that, dry lips and skin, aaand that's it (thank God!!) no other side effects :)

On a better note, I love my classes/teachers so far AND ANDDDD I had a job interview today and felt wonderful and confident! I've been looking for a job since summer... I know it's sad... seriously applied to HUNDREDS of places and for some reason (literally I as well as everyone else have NO idea why I didn't get one yet :( ) But I'm feeling really good about this one! I find out Wednesday so wish me luck! I'd love love love this job :)

Hope you're all having a great start to your week!

<3

Hello!!

I'm starting Acnotin 20 mg, once a day, and I'm 46 kg (45 kg on good days).

What would be your tip for someone who's starting out? and in what month did your skin show some improvement?

:)

hate having these BAD whiteheads! :boohoo: i'm on day two and I see... more angry whiteheads!

thanks and have a good day!

You want some tips? For the next 3 months, never look at yourself in the mirror during the day. You have to stop caring, you have to stop worrying. Just pretend you don't even have acne. I know it's hard but I managed to do it for 2 months..but now it's getting difficult because I'm not a patient person XDD But yeah, you'll get through it much easier if you do that. People like you because of your personality, not because of your skin. Oh and you should definitly buy glucosamine, omega-3 and tons of moisturizer. Stop using topicals as well or else you'll look like you've been burnt.

Oh and abcDonna, I'm happy that things turn out well for you with your make-up :P You're pretty lucky, my skin is too flaky to apply some and it looks gross haha.

Hello!!

I'm starting Acnotin 20 mg, once a day, and I'm 46 kg (45 kg on good days).

What would be your tip for someone who's starting out? and in what month did your skin show some improvement?

:)

hate having these BAD whiteheads! :boohoo: i'm on day two and I see... more angry whiteheads!

thanks and have a good day!

Hi littleredpoppy! Congrats on taking up the courage and confidence to go on Accutane! First and foremost I wish you all the best of luck and patience on your journey. Second (also I guess first... whatever this is all important so read lol...), be patient patient patient! This is absolutely necessary, especially during hard times, like when you see those angry whiteheads! Hehe. Keep in mind that everyone's skin and body is different, so don't feel discouraged if you read someone's progress and they notice improvement sooner than you. It works differently for just about everyone since we all have various types of acne!! But it WILL work - just believe it will!

I wouldn't say to not look in the mirror actually. I enjoy looking at my progress, but because I've had such bad acne since I was young, when it gets bad on Accutane, I don't get TOO worked up over it... but if you do, then sure take yourself off the mirror and just do what makes oyu most comfortable. Remember that people are loving you for you and not your looks! YOU are in control of acne don't let it take control of you!

Physical Tips:

- Stay hydrated!! This is something I've had a problem with but I regret because I'm always thirsty!!

- Get lots of chapstick! I recommend either blistex medicated/moisturizing balm or nivea kiss of moisture. Both are wonderful!!

- TONS of moisturizer as your skin will be dry and might be flakey (mine was flakey for a little bit then just got nice and dry but still needs moisture!) Try to find one that is light (water-based is great), oil-free and fragrance free. I'm currently using Boots Expert Sensitive Light Moisturizing Lotion - it's amazing! I also love everything by Cerave.

- As far as washing your face, you also want something very basic (nothing medicated unless your doctor permits you).

- Eat well (: May seem obvious in general but since I'm getting more tired I'm forgetting to eat so don't let that happen!

- Don't pick at your skin! I know you may be tempted but you will regret it later when you see a scar :(

All in all just be confident even when it gets to its worst its ever been (if it gets there)! It will be over before you know it. I saw a lot of improvement within 2-3 weeks. I'm just a few days over 2 months and I haven't noticed much since a week or so again but I know month 2 is usually slow. I'm trying to be as patient as I can be so I recommend doing that as well!!

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Everyone on here is here for support, motivation, and of course comfort on those hard days.

Keep your head up!! Good luck (:

Hiii everyone! Haven't been on here in quite some time. Classes have taken over, spending more time with friends, and now unfortunately I have a cold :( Let's talk about my skin though!

I have lost count of the day I'm on.... let me count.... 42! Today is day 42. How exciting!! This month has gone by VERY slow though. My first month I definitely experienced a lot of whiteheads, my back cleared up, and my skin was dry. Now... I flared up like crazy! I have so many underneath my chin/neck area it's disgusting - those huge cysts that look like they're piling on top of each other you know? Ewww. And a fwe on my jawline still along with near my ears. My skin is still dry but not flaky anymore. I still ahve this weird rash on both my hands (I forgot what it's called) that I have to get checked out by my derm again since it was suppose to go away but hasn't in a few weeks and it burns sometimes :( Hmm what else... my hair is feeling really nice - not oily anymore at all! Although I THINK I may have lost some hair in the front? I'm not sure... maybe I'm in denial but I think I'm right ugh :( I still wear make-up to school everyday but it doesn't take me as long to do it anymore which is nice :) I'm definitely getting more tired than before. That's pretty much it though! Just bigger/more cysts, dry skin, rash on hands, drier hair, fatigue.

I can't WAIT until month 3 since it's supposedly the 'magic month'. We shall see! Hope you're all doing well :D

Question~

Has anyone else developed the scaly/rash on any part of their body (hands for me)? I'm pretty sure it's eczema as I've researched (I forgot what my derm said, I'll have to call her soon). Whenever I put lotion on it, it just starts to BURN like crazy D: Should I tolerate the burning and hopefully it'll go away? Are there any lotions you guys recommend? I'm using St. Ives fragrance free sensitive lotion for dry/cracked skin or something. I don't like aveeno moisturizing lotion for sensitive skin or whatever - it's way too greasy. Any input would be great :D

Ive got dry red itchy skin between my fingers, I think its the start of eczema, and i'm pretty sure its the same for you.

I'm not sure if they have it where you are, but E45 cream is meant for eczema and dry itchy skin, i'm going to buy some this weekend.

Hey girl,

First to answer your question, I got those rashes on my hands as well. Do not put moisturizer on it as it is right now a rash and need to be treated like a rash or it'll get worse. Your doctor will most likely give you some called Hydrosomethingsomething. It's basically a mild steroid that you put on your rashes and it does WONDERS! the redness goes down so much and your skin heals fast. I heard that it's very good for Acne scars as well but not sure how it would mix with Accutane.

Second, I admire you for your strength and effort with this. It is so not fun having Acne and watching it get worse. Everyday with new pimples just adds stress and depression. Everyday you wake up hopeful and your hopes are shattered by all the bumps. Like you, a lot of us have gone through that and it WILL come to an end. It's just a very long and slow process. I feel like these 6 months of my life feels like being on hold since I am limited with what I can do and do not feel like myself (like not going under the sun, waxing, having to have so much water, chapticks, headaches, backaches, etc).

You will get through this. I briefly did see your pics when you posted them and I think you are beautiful :)

Good luck!

KimiaK: Thank you so much for the advice and support! My hand rash has died down a bit, but I'm still going to bring it up to my derm (today). I can't believe my improvement so far, it's seriously so amazing! <3

Katushkinz: I am here! I've just been SO busy with school, started an internship, and I've just had so little time to be online!

Sooo hi everyone! Hopefully you've all been doing well. I haven't updated in... roughly 2 weeks! A lot has happened since then. I started an internship (so exciting!!), classes are consuming my time a lot anddd I'm TRYING to work out again heh since I'm sooo out of shape it's ridiculous.

Let's talk about my skin though! I'm on day 55. I can't believe it's gone by so fast! My skin is pretty much almost 100% smooth, just left with a lot of uneven skin tones, red scars/marks, red tint to my skin. It's not attractive at alllll... I still have to wear make-up and honestly I am having a much harder time covering up scars/redness!! Does anyone have any tips? I thought it would be easier since it's smooth skin O_O I'm just using concealer on the large scars then covering it up with a mousse foundation. Anyone use liquid? Powder? If so please recommend some to me (my budgest is like... $15/foundation). My face is just all red D:

The only actives I have are underneath my chin/jawline and my neck is sooo icky! Hopefully those nasties will go away soon. I also got a painful pimple on the back of my upper arm near my back... ON EACH ARM. They're random and weird and the ones where you touch em juuust a little and feels like a massive bruise :( I never know what to do with those except leave them alone (although I think you should just leave them all alone lol)

Sooo other side effects:

Lips are peeling a lot more (i love blistex!), dry skin (not flaky at all, just dry and looks dull with make-up which sucks), really difficult to apply make-up (but I'm assuming it's because of my foundation which is why I need recommendations!), fatigue, headaches, random losses and gains of appetite. That's pretty much it! Nothing too serious.

That's all for now! I'll try to come back again soon <3

Maybe I should turn my e-mail notifications on O_O

Hello!!! It's pretty cool that school started for you because that way it will go much faster and you'll be clear in no time :) For make-up, you can always check out on Makeup Alley http://www.makeupalley.com to find reviews for every type of skin, if the product breaks you out, etc. I find it really useful when I'm hesitant to buy something! You should definitly invest in high quality make-up to avoid breaking out from bad chemicals from drugstore's foundations. I heard Bobbi Brown, clinique and georgio armani has pretty good coverage, but it's also very expensive. I personally use Everyday Minerals concealer powder in the lightest shade and I think it doesn't cover much. I don't have severe acne right now so it doesn't look that bad, but yeah you can still notice my acne even if I have some on. I just want to reduce the redness so it works for me :) Good luck!

Hello!!! It's pretty cool that school started for you because that way it will go much faster and you'll be clear in no time :) For make-up, you can always check out on Makeup Alley http://www.makeupalley.com to find reviews for every type of skin, if the product breaks you out, etc. I find it really useful when I'm hesitant to buy something! You should definitly invest in high quality make-up to avoid breaking out from bad chemicals from drugstore's foundations. I heard Bobbi Brown, clinique and georgio armani has pretty good coverage, but it's also very expensive. I personally use Everyday Minerals concealer powder in the lightest shade and I think it doesn't cover much. I don't have severe acne right now so it doesn't look that bad, but yeah you can still notice my acne even if I have some on. I just want to reduce the redness so it works for me :) Good luck!

I hope it'll go by faster than it is now (it's been quite slow lately). I love makeup alley (honestly I never looked through it as much until you told me!) Found some great stuff that I'll be trying out soon so thank you thank you! :D

I'm not going to do an update now because I'm soooo exhausted but I have a question before I forget!! Can someone please recommend something that can help reduce my redness? I never had redness like this so it's pretty ugly and hard to cover up sometimes - I have few pimples now thank God (except my neck is gross omg) but I can't go out without make-up because it's so red and scarred :( Anyone tried jojoba oil? Emu oil? Anyyyything else? Please let me know pros and cons of each!!

Thanks <3 Illl update soon! nightnight :3