Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Glitters

Do you recomend Accutane??

Well I went too the doctor yesterday, because ive had a cyst for nearly 2 months and recently I got 3 more, so that makes 4 in total :L When I went to the doctors my doctor told me that I should try accutane as none of the antibiotics have worked (lyecylince, oxetracyline, doxecyline, flucluxocyline) i might not have got the spelling right. 2 of these massive things have popped and are filled with puss, however they just grow back afterwards (im not sure if this means they are cysts or not) im 15 years old and dont really want to have accutane as I know it makes you look allot worse to begin with, however I hate my face the way it is. Does anyone have any advice on Accutane or even some personal experience to share? it would be greatly appriciated (:

Well I went too the doctor yesterday, because ive had a cyst for nearly 2 months and recently I got 3 more, so that makes 4 in total :L When I went to the doctors my doctor told me that I should try accutane as none of the antibiotics have worked (lyecylince, oxetracyline, doxecyline, flucluxocyline) i might not have got the spelling right. 2 of these massive things have popped and are filled with puss, however they just grow back afterwards (im not sure if this means they are cysts or not) im 15 years old and dont really want to have accutane as I know it makes you look allot worse to begin with, however I hate my face the way it is. Does anyone have any advice on Accutane or even some personal experience to share? it would be greatly appriciated (:

Fucking hell i am almost a decade older and I experience the same thing. It blows. Do your best not to squeeze anything. there is a pain process. When you start something new, your body isn't use to it so, it tries to fight it off. Then, with repetition, you begin to see progress slowly but, surely. In the mean time, you are only 15. If you have severe acne, then by all means, take it. I've tried everything naturally. My q: to you was while under doxecyline, were you not allowed to take certain things? no improvement?

My son had the same problem. He went on Accutane and it was a huge improvement. He's been on it 2 times. Unfortunately, he will probably have to do another cycle of it because it is the only thing that has worked. I know it has possible side effects but it breaks my heart to see him in so much pain/depression. I say you should try it.

Once again, we have this conundrum where someone has tried antibiotics and still has severe acne. The derm has recommended accutane the one medicine that works above the 90th percentile most all of the time. Hundreds of thousands of people take accutane daily and the majority get their symptoms alleviated and for many they are finally "cured" of acne, although some require repeat treatments.

As long as you can tolerate the side effects, you should have no problem. Everyone is different, but for most the side effects are minimal. You will be monitored and if you begin to experience severe side effects you will be taken off the meds.

Your concerns about getting worse before getting better don't make sense to me at all. Yes, most people get a flare-up into the treatment but after three or four months the effect of the medication really starts to take over...so you have a choice: continue with no treatment and your acne will probably get worse or take the one medication that has proven to be effective for most of its users and MAYBE experience a temporary flare up and then either be cured or have your condition arrested for a reasonable period of time. To me it is a no-brainer as to what needs to be done.

Regards,

Joe Zit