Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Damn it. I think about my skin so much I can't do my shit for my classes. Its messing my GPA big time. Its always clouding my mind. I'll have to work my ass off this fall cuz I only have about 1-2 years left before I graduate...no pressure <_< Do you guys have this problem too?

During the 2nd semester of my senoir year in high school all I did for the whole entire day was think about my acne. When I would be taking an exam I would be thinking about my acne and how it looked. All and I mean all I cuold think about was hot shitty my fucking skin looked. It was so hard and frustrating now to look back on it and see how bad it was and what people must have been saying behind my back. That's all in the past now, yet I still have acne that won't go away ever I think. I am in college now and start in 2 weeks, and it's really important I concentrate on school. I hope my acne dimisnishes so I won't have to worry about it at all. Anyone who says acne doesn't affect your life needs to get a clue.

Yes, acne slowed me down big time, am not as witty or sharp as i used to be anymore.

my communication skills have suffered because i dont hang out with my friends as much as i used to.

When people are confident with their image and they do well in class...their image is reinforced by their progress, which gives them an ego boost.

And now I'm thinking damn....my skin is shit and my GPAs fuked....now what?

I'm starting to think my diet is to blame. I eat mostly veggies, fruit, fish, chicken, and oatmeal dry.gif . No more refined carbs, soda, dairy, etc. Do you think this diet can have a major affect on concentration?

Thanks for the responds guys, I appreciate it.

it's sooo important to eat good foods and balance your diet, I feel a lot better when i do, so try it! o how honey buns and cinnamin buns are soo tempting but i can't I'll regret it bb_eusa_naughty.gif

Yeah it makes no sense to me when people say, well you can be smart, have a great personality even if you're unhappy with your looks WRONG!!!!! How the heck can you have any personality or be free or confident or focus on intellectual sttuff when you're preoccupied by your skin??? It's really a double whammy>When i looked great, EVERYTHING else fell into place and yeah, i was much more ambitious and smarter I guess, because i could FOCUS. Unfair look good=smarter=more successful=and better personality. I wasn't a bitch either so all I got was more insecurity and bitterness with these scars NOT some sort of holy grail of insight and compassion...I already had that even when i looked great

During the last half of 2nd semester of freshman year, I just stopped going to school.

People were pissing me off too bad, (mainly because of my acne) so I just said fuck it, I'm done.

I got a 0.5 gpa, and I don't give 2 shits about it.

well im from the UK, and i just finished school and im moving onto college, i walked away with very bad results in my last year of school because i literally stopped going half way through the year because of my skin, i would wake up, look in the mirror and say "fuk it" then jus go back to bed.

i had over a 100 days off in my last year because of ACNE. sad.gif