Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissMeh

Isolated pimples

Hi everyone,

I tend to have clear skin but when I do get a pimple it's HUGE. I'm not sure if it's cystic. Normally I know one is coming because I feel a stabbing sensation under my skin and the skin feels kind of hard and inflamed in the area the "pimple" eventually erupts from. Normally over the next 1-3 days a big red inflamed spot appears. It's normally pretty noticeable and in the middle of my chin! At this stage I can semi camouflage it with make up (A LOT OF MAKE-UP!) but you can see still see it depending on the lighting. The worst part is for the next week or so the thing just continues to grow until I feel too embarrassed to leave the house :( I've cried lots of times and cancelled many social events because of these things :(

I feel so embarrassed when my skin is like this. It's really affecting my life and I've taken sick days because of it. I was prescribe Dalacin T topical solution from the doc last week and I'm currently on Ortho Cyclen too. The Dalacin T has calmed my skin down slightly but not fixed me, but maybe I need to give it longer than a week to work.My diet makes no difference. I cut out dairy for a whole year and nothing changed. I take evening primrose oil and vitamin supplements and have a lot of fruit and water every day. I'm wondering if it's stress related though.

Any advice would be great.

Lou x

Any advice would be great!

Edited by MissMeh

If possible (you say you are from Brighton, is that Brighton UK or one of the Brightons in the US?) You should see about having your cyst injected. I understand that is a more standard treatment protocol in the US than elsewhere, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask.

Joe Zit

Hi Joe. Now I've had a look round the site I'm not sure if the spots I get would be severe enough to class as cysts. They are more like big painful isolated spots. But they resolve themselves. From what I've read about cysts they sound a lot more severe than what I have...

I'm from Brighton in the Uk. I'm not sure we have those injections available here :(

Hi Joe. Now I've had a look round the site I'm not sure if the spots I get would be severe enough to class as cysts. They are more like big painful isolated spots. But they resolve themselves. From what I've read about cysts they sound a lot more severe than what I have...

I'm from Brighton in the Uk. I'm not sure we have those injections available here :(

Looks like I did have an acne boil in the end! just got antibiotics from the doc :(