Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karabasque

Using Extra Virgin Olive Oil

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Day six

A rather late installment since Ive been rather busy today.

The 'little friend' I described yesterday on day five got worse, it has been cleared now and the healing process is on its way now, hopefully it will not remain for too long.

Throughout today there has been three seperate causes for concern, the distinctive sting of developing spots can be felt on the beard area, nothing has developed throughout the day, maybe they will fade back into nothing, I hope so anyway.

Normally I would have used EVOO in the morning too but I felt like my face needed a rest, just for that morning and I washed my face with nothing but water whilst in the shower.

I wish I had a job with better hours, sleep is a very important factor in healing but when my working hours vary from finishing at 12am and finishing at 4am its hard to get decent sleep, I managed to fall asleep at 6am this morning because my body clock is messed up. Argh!!

Ill update tomorrow to see if everything does calm down :)

Day five

Throughout yesterday a little friend has been trying to join the pimple that was forming the day before, right next to it. While the original pimple has healed Im left with another one which is a little more servere than the one before. I massaged EVOO into it a little more to try and combat it but its still there this morning. It feels worse than it looks though. I wonder if the extra massaging on the pimple before is the CAUSE of this new neighbour, it would make a lot of sense if that was true, Ill keep this in mind from now on and lay of doing the same to the new one when I cleanse after this post.

I must add that my skin does appear to look more uniform in terms of tone, the redness at either side of my nose which seems to have bugged me forever look a lot better. A long way to go yet though.

No other new additions to my face except the one mentioned earlier, while some may see it as a setback I see it as proof that this new regimen is benefitting me more than all the products I have used before, I would have broken out a hell of a lot worse by now if I was trying some other chemical laden product. Its still very early days yet, so these could be the few minor hurdles I have to come across before the real action takes place.

I think those are good results :) And I concur with the extra massaging causing issues. Instead of massaging, have you considered just sort of spot treating with EVOO? So after washing, just take some and dab it over the area to that it gets more moisture?

When I decided to give my face a break from the EVOO on my morning wash (just washing with water) my face was a little dry just on my cheeks, not as dry as it used to be. Ill decide what Im to do next when I wake up tomorrow, as for now, its work time!

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Hi!! Thanks for posting about your regimen! I just wanted to share my success with using EVOO for those interested in trying it:

I guess I started using EVOO as a cleanser around the same time and it has 100% (seriously) cleared up all of the "underground" acne that I had (a 3-4 deep nodules on one cheek and 2 on the other). I had these bumps for MONTHS and massaging with olive oil somehow cleared them all. I still get breakouts (I guess there really is no cure), but they are much much smaller and--best of all--NOT CYSTIC! I'm still in shock about having smooth cheeks. To be fair, my acne was improved when I started EVOO, but it really did take care of the cystic acne that nothing else worked on.

In addition, my skin tone is more even (creamier looking?), and I have no more flaking. Olive oil however, has not helped my red-marks/scarring at all, and I do tend to get a little greasy now.

I have asian skin that tends to run dry and is, of course, acne prone.

I hope that was helpful. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Good luck!!

-Sara

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

I tried EVOO BAD idea for me and I think for a lot of people too. I had pretty ok skin and decided to try it. After a week I broke out horribly. It's taken me almost a month and a half to clear it up. EVOO is what cause me to find this site because my skin broke out so bad. I would suggest being careful using EVOO to everyone and test it out on a small part of your skin to start with to see how your skin will react.

QUOTE (AshleyNicole @ Oct 24 2010, 03:45 PM)

QUOTE (Karabasque @ Oct 24 2010, 07:12 AM)

Day five

Throughout yesterday a little friend has been trying to join the pimple that was forming the day before, right next to it. While the original pimple has healed Im left with another one which is a little more servere than the one before. I massaged EVOO into it a little more to try and combat it but its still there this morning. It feels worse than it looks though. I wonder if the extra massaging on the pimple before is the CAUSE of this new neighbour, it would make a lot of sense if that was true, Ill keep this in mind from now on and lay of doing the same to the new one when I cleanse after this post.

I must add that my skin does appear to look more uniform in terms of tone, the redness at either side of my nose which seems to have bugged me forever look a lot better. A long way to go yet though.

No other new additions to my face except the one mentioned earlier, while some may see it as a setback I see it as proof that this new regimen is benefitting me more than all the products I have used before, I would have broken out a hell of a lot worse by now if I was trying some other chemical laden product. Its still very early days yet, so these could be the few minor hurdles I have to come across before the real action takes place.

I think those are good results smile.gif And I concur with the extra massaging causing issues. Instead of massaging, have you considered just sort of spot treating with EVOO? So after washing, just take some and dab it over the area to that it gets more moisture?

When I decided to give my face a break from the EVOO on my morning wash (just washing with water) my face was a little dry just on my cheeks, not as dry as it used to be. Ill decide what Im to do next when I wake up tomorrow, as for now, its work time!

What's the quality, brand pf your evoo?