Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have some 100% Tea Tree Oil that mum bought when i sent her to buy jojoba oil when she went to town.

Just wondering, does anyone use it? after reading it i thought maybe it might be good to use in strong-ish concentration as a kind of spot treatment.

If anyone does use it, how do you apply it (i.e mix it or apply concentrated), and do you use it all over the face? any side effects etc?

Chris

I've used tee tree oil, but not just the pure tee tree oil. I used the products from the body shop. Other than dan's regimen I think it worked better than anything else I've tried. Still, it didn't get me as clear as I would have liked. My friends wife was the one that told me to try it. She lives by it apparently, she claims it is the reason for her clear skin.

I actually did use 100% pure once, also provided to me by this friends wife. I used it on a couple of large pimples at the time. Basically, if you were to put this stuff any on your face anywhere other than where pimples are...your face has the possibility to instantly dry up, crack, and then fall off. Haha, seriously though, it was strong.

I say try it on a small (very small) area and if you need to dilute (which i'm not sure, but I think that is common practice) then go for it.

That's the problem with acne. Everyone's skin is different, so what may work for me may not work for you and vv.

i used it. i was relatively successful with it, but i found it to be a hassle. the smell when you first put it on is awful, and you will smell like that for a decent time until it goes away. plus it's a little irritating and can cause a little bit extra redness or dryness.

overall, effective against pimples though, helpful with drying out whiteheads especially.

ahh thats cool, did you use it just as sort of spot treatment when and where you got one? or did you mix it with something and apply all over the face?

i don't really mind the smell of it that much, it's just bloody strong... ha

Edited by hamleys

i pour a little into my bottle of jojoba, (shake it up) and cover my whole face in that. i'm actually covered in it right now. the combination does a great job of drying out oily skin for the next day or two, and actually i like the smell when it's diluted like this :D

i've also placed it (full-strength) on areas as spot treatment, and maybe i have extra resilient skin, but never noticed any drying up and falling off of cysts or pimples... unfortunately :l

I've tried Tea Tree oil pads that you wipe on as an astringinent and then wash off with water, even that dried my skin out. Then I used Jojoba oil as a moisturizer to try and restore my dry skin without creating more sebum, that give be more cystic pimples on my chin.

The Tea Tree oil worked, but it irritated my skin which can cause more pimples. Maybe my skin is more sensitve??

I've tried Tea Tree oil pads that you wipe on as an astringinent and then wash off with water, even that dried my skin out. Then I used Jojoba oil as a moisturizer to try and restore my dry skin without creating more sebum, that give be more cystic pimples on my chin.

The Tea Tree oil worked, but it irritated my skin which can cause more pimples. Maybe my skin is more sensitve??

Tea tree dried the hell out of my skin. I have sensitive normal to dry skin. Not good for me. Made me more dry, and caused more acne due to dryness.