Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am so confused when I look at the gallery latley. Fuck It seems like a lot of the people posting pics do not have any acne. What is the point of posting a pic where you are clear on an acne board unless there is a before pic with acne? It just makes me feel worse about my skin to see people with no acne or extremely mild acne carry on about their skin. :(

:lol: I know what you mean.

But I suspect that a lot of people who put up pictures of when they were clear(er) or they're wearing make-up or its in dim lighting, not to mention that the camera can hid a multitude of sins.

I know I wouldn't want to post a picture of when my skin was at its worst.

Guest Tracy

I can't believe you are complaining about the pics in the gallery!! I also can't believe you used the term "too many clear people" in your thread title. WTF? There can never be too many people with clear skin, IMO.

Hey 24...are your pics up in the gallery?

Guest Tracy

We don't post our pics to make anyone feel worse or better about their own acne. We're just trying to contribute to the board and enjoy the new gallery feature.

And how come the observation isn't a positive one? Like...."Isn't it great that there are so many clear people who are now brave enough to post their pics on an acne messageboard? Wow!! That gives me hope!!"

Tracy I think you may have missed my point, or at least taken it out of context. Of course I don't think that there is such thing as too many clear people in the world in general. However, with regards to an ACNE gallery, one might expect to see people with ACNE. Seeing people with clear skin there makes me feel even worse about my own skin. The gallery is one of the only places where I can not feel like a total outcast because I see people with the same problem but it latley it is turning into something else. By the way, I did post pics a while ago but I took them down because I was insulted in the chat room and I just started to feel uncomfortable about having them up for the world to see. If I ever get clear I plan to post pics again but with a before and after so people can see improvement and maybe be hopeful about their own condition.

Guest Tracy
However, with regards to an ACNE gallery, one might expect to see people with ACNE. 

Guest Tracy
Woah tracy relax... i dont think he meant it in a bad way...

Tracy I think you may have missed my point, or at least taken it out of context.  Of course I don't think that there is such thing as too many clear people in the world in general.  However, with regards to an ACNE gallery, one might expect to see people with ACNE.  Seeing people with clear skin there makes me feel even worse about my own skin.  The gallery is one of the only places where I can not feel like a total outcast because I see people with the same problem but it latley it is turning into something else.  By the way, I did post pics a while ago but I took them down because I was insulted in the chat room and I just started to feel uncomfortable about having them up for the world to see.  If I ever get clear I plan to post pics again but with a before and after so people can see improvement and maybe be hopeful about their own condition.

I took my pics down because my skin looked really clear in them, but then again, maybe my skin WAS BETTER last year as I was eating a super healthy organic diet and maybe it was a testament to how great diet alone can make your skin look, also it's not like the pics were airbrushed or I had any makeup and maybe what looks clear to you may look bad to that person. Also, even people with nice skin have flaws in an up close clinical pic..those are hard to take with a regular camera...my marks no matter how hard i tried just wouldn't come out as nasty as they really look, or I think they really look.

I see plenty of people's pics and I'm thinking, that's not acne or scars that's a couple of mild pimples!!! I'll just go and hang myself now!!! But 24, YOUR skin didn't look bad at all in your pics and people may be thining the same thing, WHY is he posting when he has some mild pink patches and no catastrophic acne???

However, with regards to an ACNE gallery, one might expect to see people with ACNE. 

With regards to acne or an acne gallery....those pics should give you hope. Obviously, these people initially came to this site because they had/have ACNE.

Interesting thread.

I have never posted any pictures of myself on this board ...that has nought to do with whether I have acne, am shy, lack confidence ...I just like my privacy and I don't really want to hear what people think of how I look - either good nor bad. That is my choice - which I feel free to amend if I so choose.

I agree with Tracy that it takes some balls to post pics in the gallery, certainly more than I have, and I think it is great there are so many pics and people up there.

24, I think you just gotta wait until you feel comfortable to use the gallery...comfortable without reference to how others look in there.

I enjoy looking at pictures in the Gallery, whether or not they are acne related. The acne/scar related pictures are helpful in gauging progress...and the non-acne related pictures are just great fun to look at. It's nice to put a face to a (user)name, even if I'll probably never meet most (or any) people here in person. It's also nice to see pictures of pets/hobbies/interests of a person...I get a lot more from this board than just acne/scar information - I like to think that I'm sharing some life experience with everyone here, albeit online. I sure as heck invest a buttload of time reading and replying here if I'm just doing it for pure info!

I'm like a lot of people here...I ran away from the camera most of the time and don't have many "before" pictures...especially since the most severe stage was before digital cameras became affordable.

24 - I'm so sorry to hear about the mean comments directed at you... :sad:

Guest Tracy
24 - I'm so sorry to hear about the mean comments directed at you...   :sad:

It's okay, Tracy. No hard feelings. Don't post that pic just for me if it makes you uncomfortable, though. The pic I posted was just of my scars and red marks. I would never post a pic of how I looked at my worst. I don't want to be reminded of the fact that it was ever that bad. I have a lot of respect for people who are willing to share those photos of themselves, though.

\

Hey ya'll. I'm 16 and I just stumbled onto this website tonight. I have really learned a lot. And it is motivating me to work even more on my skin to fight my hereditary acne.

So here's my story. I started having acne in 4th or 5th grade and I still have it now. Hopefully this thing will work for me. Im a 16 year old girl and I am very embarrassed and self consious about my skin. I guess it could be a lot worse, but i feel like I look terrible. I'm starting my 3rd high school this year (not b/c of my acne) But I am nervous again about what people will think of me b/c of my face. I start school on wed! I'll be a junior this year. I take very good care of my body, working out and lifting weights;and I always take care of my face. I even change my pillow cases every 4 days.

I've been through so much. I've tried several creams and a few diff. prescriptions. Nothing really has worked for me. My skin is sensitive to creams b/c i always seem to dry out fast. And too much moisturizer seems to make my skin more oily. Make up is my best friend! I'm not saying im a social outkast and i have no idea if ppl care or not but i feel like if it is to the point of my crying about it then its going too far. Emotionaly I am tired of it, and completely drained at only 16. I pray to God to give me a break. My mom says I'm beautiful even with my acne. But I think thats a load of shit, b/c how could acne ever be beautiful? I dunno i know she means well...

Writing this is a big step for me b/c i never talk about my skin to anyone except my mom occasionally. So it would be great to get some encouragement and/or feedback from ya'll. I am very actice all year round with basketball especially. And I always wear make up during the games. I guess I'm just saying all this to see wut ppl say here. So I'll try to keep ya'll updated about my progress with this regiman. Thanks if you read this! bb_eusa_shifty.gif

\

Hey ya'll. I'm 16 and I just stumbled onto this website tonight. I have really learned a lot. And it is motivating me to work even more on my skin to fight my hereditary acne.

So here's my story. I started having acne in 4th or 5th grade and I still have it now. Hopefully this thing will work for me. Im a 16 year old girl and I am very embarrassed and self consious about my skin. I guess it could be a lot worse, but i feel like I look terrible. I'm starting my 3rd high school this year (not b/c of my acne) But I am nervous again about what people will think of me b/c of my face. I start school on wed! I'll be a junior this year. I take very good care of my body, working out and lifting weights;and I always take care of my face. I even change my pillow cases every 4 days.

I've been through so much. I've tried several creams and a few diff. prescriptions. Nothing really has worked for me. My skin is sensitive to creams b/c i always seem to dry out fast. And too much moisturizer seems to make my skin more oily. Make up is my best friend! I'm not saying im a social outkast and i have no idea if ppl care or not but i feel like if it is to the point of my crying about it then its going too far. Emotionaly I am tired of it, and completely drained at only 16. I pray to God to give me a break. My mom says I'm beautiful even with my acne. But I think thats a load of shit, b/c how could acne ever be beautiful? I dunno i know she means well...

Writing this is a big step for me b/c i never talk about my skin to anyone except my mom occasionally. So it would be great to get some encouragement and/or feedback from ya'll. I am very actice all year round with basketball especially. And I always wear make up during the games. I guess I'm just saying all this to see wut ppl say here. So I'll try to keep ya'll updated about my progress with this regiman. Thanks if you read this! bb_eusa_shifty.gif