Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dont_do_it

my terrible accutane experience

Folks, please do not be discouraged from taking accutane because of the "experience" of one individual.

I am on my second course of accutane and this entire time I have yet to have hair loss, erectile dysfunction or mood swings. In fact my symptoms are just limited to dry skin on the arms (yes on a 80mg dosage).

As for the original poster, we are all young and invincible (in our minds at least) but you would be surprised how many men develop erectile dysfunction or lose some libido (without ever taking accutane) in their mid / late 20s.

Wake up!!

Just because you have not experienced any big problems, does not mean a thing!

'One' individual? Are you really that ignorant?

The accutane posts are loaded with evidence that this is an extremely dangerous drug.

The fact that you are having to take this poison, and it is poison, a second time shows that Accutane is no miracle.

I am just like this poster and it's no fun at all.

I am, also, 100% sure that the cause is the drug.

I know it - And you would too. You just got lucky! I hope you stay lucky because you would not like what I, and others, have to live with as a result of the FDA being a buncg of *****. Maybe you wouldn't even be strong enough to cope.

Unlike the original poster, however, I took the drug over 4 years ago and the trouble with my Penis is recent. Things are getting worse. I first thought I'd recover slowly, if anything, but now I'm just praying I don't get IBS or any of that other shit.

It feels like I've lost all meaning in life.

I have a girlfriend, but when she's doing 'stuff' - and you know what 'stuff' is referring to, I can't enjoy it like a normal person. It looks okay when it's erect, but the sensation has diminished A LOT. Years ago, I couldn't stay at a mates house the night without feeling the need for a w*nk.

Now, I feel I have to force myself too 'give it a tug'. I could easily go a month without having any wanting to.

And that bothers me a lot.

I am 20 years old and this is NOT normal. This has been going on for a few months.

Sex is an extremely important factor in relationships, and being a human.

Keeping on the topic, when my penis is just casually in my pants throughout the day, it (and again this is only the last few months) has become so small and seems to be shrivelled.

It's no laughing matter - This is really one of the worst things that can happen to you.

It's impossible to forgive and forget the past when you are constantly reminded that you have been turned into a 'freak', in a freak accident.

It's also exteremely frustrating when people like you come in here and try and tell us we don't know what caused it when there is so much evidence that accutane fucks with your entire body.

Maybe it takes experiencing this for yourself to realise it. As already pointed out, maybe it will happen to you when you least expect it. If you had any sense of priority and realised that accutane didn't even clear your acne, you'd stay the fuck away from this drug.

O.P - I am in your position, and I know it does not help - but you are not alone.

We can't lose hope but after 20 odd years of this being around and so-called 'professionals' not being any closer to understanding the drug, it is very difficult.

I think of the amount of people who have taken Accutane - Supposedly millions - and can't help thinking why there hasn't been something hard-hitting in the press.

All that get's out is a 'Possible' link between this drug and depression. And Roche get away red-handed.

I also wonder when I pass ordinary-looking people in the streets:

'Have they taken Accutane?'

It really feels like you're alone and in a way this board is helpful for assurance (despite there being absolutely No-one to say they got through this years on.)

I've tried fighting the battle myself, but it's useless.

Trying to prove to your doctor that it's not in your mind when things don't come up in blood-tests is such a bitch. Writing to the NHS (UK health care) to explain they are handing out poison and getting a reply to see your GP is sickening.

Often I think 'What is the point'.

When you get these side effects it takes over you.

The things humans consider most important in their lives is health and ANYONE in this position would do the same as us.

The fact that we have not given up and thrown in the metaphorical towell that is our lives just shows that we are strong.

Sometimes I look at my thin hair, red eyes, and 'ugly' self and HATE myself.

But we must remember - We are NOT the blame.

Like World War One fighters we we're taken in as naive and unaware and then robbed of ourselves. I was 15 and couldn't even ponder this happening. We were sold a lie.

The packaging of the drug is more honest now at least. But still people are being shallow and not thinking properly. It's mental.

Remember who you are inside.

You are still that 10 year old kid who had it all.

Believe. Doesn't have to be in religion, or the way of the universe.

Just don't give up. Ever.

Who knows what will happen in the next 10 years.

The point is (AND THIS IS GETTING VERY LONG) that we NEED the help of scientists and research. It's possible that we are now un-curable, but we do not know this for sure.

Keep the faith,

Indy.

arent you african american? shave your head, you wont look like a skinhead

I'd rather have hair. I've had people say some rude things about how I look bald.

I have hair loss and ED and hair loss is 10x worse than ED. I have a hard time leaving my house drowning in my sorrow and quality of life because of it. I'm surprised people can even withstand talking to me, I'm not even human anymore.

I understand my penis is broken for life and I don't even care about that, once upon a time I did but once you realize that hair loss prevents you from even courting the opposite sex your penile problems are the least of your worries.

First, I'm really sorry for your experience, but I am wondering how old you are? Seriously, hairloss is not that big of a deal unless you're still in your teens; it just takes some time to accept it. Last I read, something like half of all men (and even a non trivial amount of women) have noticeable hairloss and a lot of guys even start losing their hair in their early/mid 20s. And I can tell you that a lot of women don't care if you're bald/balding, and the ones that do care you probably wouldn't want to be with anyways.

Like I said, I experienced some noticeable hair thinning/loss from the drug and I don't even give a **** about it anymore. I would gladly go the rest of my life completely bald (and I'm one of those guys that would look kind of goofy bald) if it would get rid of the ED.

If you're really that upset about hairloss and that unconcerned with ED, I don't know what else to say.

I'm in my 20's and I feel completely unattractive because of it. Accutane hair loss and normal hair loss are different, Accutane hair loss effects your whole head and spots that are normally resistant to hair loss. I can't even go bald normally.

I guess we're both on opposite ends of the spectrum, I would be happy with ED if I had a full head of hair and you would be happy bald if you didn't have any sexual problems.

It's as if having hair validates my self worth in my world, I don't even know.

Dude. You would not be happy. You may think having hair would fix everything but that is rubbish.

I have spent £4,000 on 'Invisalign' which has given me lovely straight teeth.

And although having thick hair again would make me feel A LOT better, I would be nowhere near happy.

Maybe your desire for perfection led you to this accident.

However, I am in the same place as you.

First question for you is:

How would you look bald? Have you shaved your hair off completely yet?

Second:

Would you post some pictures of yourself/ hair for us to see?

I know EXACTLY what accutane hair-loss looks like as I have it myself.

I want to see yours so I can compare.

There are certain things I can do to make mine less noticable.

I feel deeply for you dude, and for myself, but you spend far too much time on here.

I know this is shit and we should not be spending our time in this negative circle but this is not helping you! Okay?

You still have legs. (I assume this).

Many people don't right?

You can go for a walk.

You are not in good health but you have many things people wish they did.

You can see and hear which allows you a lot of pleasure - if you let it.

I can't believe that the trouble with your sexual weapon would not bother you if you had hair.

I think I'd fix my penis over my hair-loss.

I would look a knob'ed with no hair, but hair really doesn't contribute to health. It just looks nice.

I wish I could fix us, but I can't.

But maybe you can improve things for yourself.

A lot of power is sitting within you.

Can I ask you man, what do you do for a job?

What would you like to do if you felt the hair-loss wasn't an issue?

Think of me as your friend,

You can always use more friends.

Indy.

All I can say is that ED has been a reported side effect to the FDA since it first came out. I still wonder why it is not a listed side effect along with 300 others.

I wish you the best don't-do-it, don't waste your energy on arguing with theese people, they won't understand till it happens to them. Save your energy on getting better.

All I can say is that ED has been a reported side effect to the FDA since it first came out. I still wonder why it is not a listed side effect along with 300 others.

I wish you the best don't-do-it, don't waste your energy on arguing with theese people, they won't understand till it happens to them. Save your energy on getting better.

Oli girl, I just wanted to say that I love you.

Not in a creepy way of course.

But after what you've been through - and I don't know the ins and outs of it - you still remain unselfish and go out of your way to reassure others.

You are fantastic.

Indy x

The accutane posts are loaded with evidence that this is an extremely dangerous drug.

Not really. Most of the people who post on this forum are the exceptions who encounter problems or are, more likely, just trolls who disseminate false information.

a second time shows that Accutane is no miracle.

It has been a miracle for me. Before my first dosage, 10 years ago at the age of 12, I was spending a fortune on useless creams that bleached everything and diets that had no effect. As far as growth being staunted, I wonder how much taller I could have been considering I am 6''2? :think:

The symptoms then and now aren't any different. I only have dry skin on the arms and occassionally slight peeling on the face that's easily taken care off with some moistorizer.

I know it - And you would too. You just got lucky! I hope you stay lucky because you would not like what I, and others, have to live with as a result of the FDA being a buncg of *****. Maybe you wouldn't even be strong enough to cope.

Ever heard of the placebo effect? Just thinking that it causes erectile dysfunction is probably going to cause erectile dysfunction. :surprised:

Unlike the original poster, however, I took the drug over 4 years ago and the trouble with my Penis is recent. Things are getting worse. I first thought I'd recover slowly, if anything, but now I'm just praying I don't get IBS or any of that other shit.

A little skeptical I think to associate accutane, a drug you haven't taken in four years, with a recent case of erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction can in fact be a symptom of STIs, such as the clap / Gonorrhea, without there being other visible symptoms.

I have a girlfriend, but when she's doing 'stuff' - and you know what 'stuff' is referring to, I can't enjoy it like a normal person. It looks okay when it's erect, but the sensation has diminished A LOT. Years ago, I couldn't stay at a mates house the night without feeling the need for a w*nk.

Now, I feel I have to force myself too 'give it a tug'. I could easily go a month without having any wanting to.

I am 20 years old and this is NOT normal. This has been going on for a few months.

Keeping on the topic, when my penis is just casually in my pants throughout the day, it (and again this is only the last few months) has become so small and seems to be shrivelled.

It's no laughing matter - This is really one of the worst things that can happen to you.

It's impossible to forgive and forget the past when you are constantly reminded that you have been turned into a 'freak', in a freak accident.

It's also exteremely frustrating when people like you come in here and try and tell us we don't know what caused it when there is so much evidence that accutane fucks with your entire body.

Maybe it takes experiencing this for yourself to realise it. As already pointed out, maybe it will happen to you when you least expect it. If you had any sense of priority and realised that accutane didn't even clear your acne, you'd stay the fuck away from this drug.

O.P - I am in your position, and I know it does not help - but you are not alone.

We can't lose hope but after 20 odd years of this being around and so-called 'professionals' not being any closer to understanding the drug, it is very difficult.

I think of the amount of people who have taken Accutane - Supposedly millions - and can't help thinking why there hasn't been something hard-hitting in the press.

All that get's out is a 'Possible' link between this drug and depression. And Roche get away red-handed.

It really feels like you're alone and in a way this board is helpful for assurance (despite there being absolutely No-one to say they got through this years on.)

Trying to prove to your doctor that it's not in your mind when things don't come up in blood-tests is such a bitch. Writing to the NHS (UK health care) to explain they are handing out poison and getting a reply to see your GP is sickening.

The things humans consider most important in their lives is health and ANYONE in this position would do the same as us.

The fact that we have not given up and thrown in the metaphorical towell that is our lives just shows that we are strong.

Like World War One fighters we we're taken in as naive and unaware and then robbed of ourselves. I was 15 and couldn't even ponder this happening. We were sold a lie.

The packaging of the drug is more honest now at least. But still people are being shallow and not thinking properly. It's mental.

The point is (AND THIS IS GETTING VERY LONG) that we NEED the help of scientists and research. It's possible that we are now un-curable, but we do not know this for sure.

Keep the faith,

Indy.

I think you would find an erectile dysfunction forum far more useful as accutane, even if I do concede the fact it does reduce libido (which there is no certain fact), is definately not responsible for you having absolutely no sensation in your dick.

Not really. Most of the people who post on this forum are the exceptions who encounter problems or are, more likely, just trolls who disseminate false information.

a second time shows that Accutane is no miracle.

It has been a miracle for me. Before my first dosage, 10 years ago at the age of 12, I was spending a fortune on useless creams that bleached everything and diets that had no effect. As far as growth being staunted, I wonder how much taller I could have been considering I am 6''2? :think:

The symptoms then and now aren't any different. I only have dry skin on the arms and occassionally slight peeling on the face that's easily taken care off with some moistorizer.

Ever heard of the placebo effect? Just thinking that it causes erectile dysfunction is probably going to cause erectile dysfunction. :surprised:

A little skeptical I think to associate accutane, a drug you haven't taken in four years, with a recent case of erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction can in fact be a symptom of STIs, such as the clap / Gonorrhea, without there being other visible symptoms.

Keep the faith,

Indy.

I think you would find an erectile dysfunction forum far more useful as accutane, even if I do concede the fact it does reduce libido (which there is no certain fact), is definately not responsible for you having absolutely no sensation in your dick.

Not 'no' sensation... but definitely a noticeable decrease.

You people all want 'facts'.

In that case we need some lazy c*nts to do some proper studies into this.

I'm glad it works okay for you man. I really am.

But why are you still on acne.org forums if you are fine now?

Go live your life.

I doubt very much that anyone is trolling about this drug.

Why would they?

Yes - I have heard of the placebo effect but I didn't know a damn thing about ED and accutane and HELLO lack of a boner!

From what I've read - and it's hard to know what is right - Accutane can/does effect you out of nowhere (years later) afterwards because either it makes your body auto-immune, or the deficiency in cells doesn't allow ordinary body function.

I am not a doctor. I just KNOW the drug did this.

It's just funny you haven't even got any tests done at all. but your 100% certain yet you dont want to get real facts from tests. i'm not saying its not from accutane, i read other people got ed like symptoms too(even the crazy ones that say they got it 10+ years after, and they say its from accutane 10 years ago, sure.) get your hormones, and iron, and blood flow ect tested before you come to a conclusion. you keep saying its not physiological, so tests will tell you then, and if they don't it is physiological and youll need some help.

oil girl is right. don't waste your time arguing with these people. just share your story and move on. people just want to hear the feel good stories about Accutane. if you say one thing bad about it then that makes you a troll. to be honest, if this site would have been around when i took the drug, i would have been a lot like most of these posters. i experienced very few side effects while taking Accutane and my acne was completely cleared. I was praising it as a miracle drug until a few years down the road when my health completely fell apart. so don't think you are in the clear yet. and if you don't like what i am saying just assume i am a troll because I'm sure that's what will happen anyway.

Thanks but im years post tane and in good shape, just because a few after their course got side effects doesn't mean the 20+ million accutane users will. and trolls are the ones that come and post their list of the side effects then gotten, dont even see doctors or get any sort of test done, then rant its from accutane and they are 100% on it, then tell everyone not to take the drug because they are the few that got bad side effects from it. that's why people are all trying to sue from taking it 10+ years ago and they have a side effect they gotten lately and matches a side effect on accutanes booklet, so it must be from that. and if they never took accutane before they would of blamed something else.

I'm sorry for your bad experience. This is pretty much how I feel too. It's forced and not all that enjoyable. Again, before this, if I was near a girl I liked (even during a class or somewhere non sexual) I would actually have to somewhat focus in order to NOT get an erection and start thinking about sex.

You still have legs. (I assume this).

Many people don't right?

You can go for a walk.

You are not in good health but you have many things people wish they did.

You can see and hear which allows you a lot of pleasure - if you let it.

This is one of things that bothers me the most and I can't get out of my mind. Before the drug, I was in perfect health (aside from the acne). There are so many people who don't have such a luxury due to unfortunate circumstances beyond their control (like cancer or other severe illnesses), and would give anything to have what I did. And I just threw it away because I was a desperate idiot.

Folks, please do not be discouraged from taking accutane because of the "experience" of one individual.

I am on my second course of accutane and this entire time I have yet to have hair loss, erectile dysfunction or mood swings. In fact my symptoms are just limited to dry skin on the arms (yes on a 80mg dosage).

As for the original poster, we are all young and invincible (in our minds at least) but you would be surprised how many men develop erectile dysfunction or lose some libido (without ever taking accutane) in their mid / late 20s.

Wake up!!

The fact that you are having to take this poison, and it is poison, a second time shows that Accutane is no miracle.

Keep the faith,

Indy.

Everything you say makes sense... But I hate having acne so bad. Like, what if I take it and don't get any side effects. I have like a 90% chance of not getting side effects right?

If I can bring myself to take a pic I'll post it, I avoid mirrors at all costs so taking a pic will be quite the challenge.

Good luck with your ED problems, hair loss is still and will probably always be my biggest issue.

But I hate having acne so bad. Like, what if I take it and don't get any side effects. I have like a 90% chance of not getting side effects right?

If you really want to take accutane but is afraid of experiencing severe side effects then I will suggest you to take low dose 20mg 3 times a week for 6 months.

I am sure most of the people here including your doctor will not agree with my suggestion since they will probably rub it off and say that it is a dose way too low to even do a thing.

But I hate having acne so bad. Like, what if I take it and don't get any side effects. I have like a 90% chance of not getting side effects right?

If you really want to take accutane but is afraid of experiencing severe side effects then I will suggest you to take low dose 20mg 3 times a week for 6 months.

I am sure most of the people here including your doctor will not agree with my suggestion since they will probably rub it off and say that it is a dose way too low to even do a thing.

Ya, and even if they don't approve I could just skip my pills and say I took them. But would it still work? Like I heard that they use low doses in some countries, but I never read any specific literature about it.

I don't discredit what any of the above posters have said, but I'd like to share some things.

Isotretinoin is naturally occurring in the human body in very small amounts. Therefore, it can be removed from the body fairly quickly in comparison to its chemical isomer, vitamin A. This drug has scientifically been proven to be out of the user's system in no more than 6-8 months. So anyone who says that they were completely fine after accutane and then 2 years later developed a serious problem that is definitely due to accutane....well science is working against you my friends.

I do believe that accutane can induce autoimmune disorders and these would occur during treatment or immediately following. These can plague users for the rest of their lives even after all of the isotretinoin is out of their system, unfortunately. I think this is one main reasons why unlucky accutane users experience "permanent" side effects.

Now for a little tid bit on erections.

A lot about achieving a good hard and good sensation is being emotionally ready and without any worry. I'm going to share a graphic story, but its a testament to my above statement.

I'm currently in college, and have been on accutane for 4 months. Two weeks ago, I had an opportunity to bang a gorgeous girl who lives on my floor. She is way out of my league, or so I thought. So right before this happened tons of thoughts started going through my head:

• I'm on accutane, will I get an erection???
  • Is my penis small?
  • What if I don't last long enough?
  • Oh stop thinking about all this, you'll be fine.
  • Am I good at sex?

What happened? No erection. None whatsoever. Even after 45 min of foreplay.

I thought I had ED because of accutane. I stopped thinking about it and ever since that time I've been getting rock hard, hards. And banging that girl.

Moral of the story:try to at least keep your mind off it.

Edited by Fred Q
I'm currently in college, and have been on accutane for 4 months. Two weeks ago, I had an opportunity to bang a gorgeous girl who lives on my floor. She is way out of my league, or so I thought. So right before this happened tons of thoughts started going through my head:

• Is my penis small?
  • Am I good at sex?

I thought I had ED because of accutane. I stopped thinking about it and ever since that time I've been getting rock hard, hards. And banging that girl.

We're not arguing that in some cases it is psychological; and a psychological problem sounds like exactly what happened in your case. However, when nocturnal/morning erections completely stop, that's an indicator that it's not psychological. Psychological would also not explain decreased sensitivity, dull orgasms or even difficulty in getting an erection when just masturbating in your own home.

I hope your course goes well and that nothing like this happens to you after your done.

Isotretinoin is naturally occurring in the human body in very small amounts. Therefore, it can be removed from the body fairly quickly in comparison to its chemical isomer, vitamin A. This drug has scientifically been proven to be out of the user's system in no more than 6-8 months.

I do want to thank you for posting this, at least. Sources I've consulted said it leaves much sooner. But I'm still under the 6 month mark, so this at least gives me a little more hope that the accutane is still lingering in my system and that I may still go back to normal when it leaves completely.

Edited by dont_do_it

Wake up!!

Keep the faith,

Indy.

Everything you say makes sense... But I hate having acne so bad. Like, what if I take it and don't get any side effects. I have like a 90% chance of not getting side effects right?

No man.

Think about it for a sec.

How many adults do you see with acne?

I can't think of many.

Some have spots.

But it generally is something that will wear off.

Their statistics are based only on feedback.

I have suffered very badly and as far as they're concerned I'm part of that '90%' due to the fact I haven't let them know otherwise.

I had it all good, and thought I could never have this happen to me, so why would you be any different?

It's up to you man but it could be the worse decision you make.

The body is a clever thing and when you're getting the side effects it's the body telling you something's wrong.

I took this for 5 months.

As soon as I experienced side effects I should of quit it.

I wasn't so wise then.

If I can stop people like you from risking your health though, my job here is done.

Don't worry about acne. Acne is nothing to worry about.

Diet and lifestyle play their part.

Your skin will be better in 5 years if you don't take this drug.

Indy

You guys keep mentioning going to the docs, docs are oblivious to what Accutane is and how it works. How do you assume they'll know what to test for? They're clueless.

I'm not sure if I see your logic. Yes, Isotretinoin is in the human body in small amounts. The reason is that the conversion of vitamin a to accutane is tightly regulated--and for good reason. When you bypass all the system's regulatory system, you can imagine what happens: you are asking for trouble. The body doesn't know how to deal with large amounts of an endogenous chemical that is usually found in minute quantities.

And it's obvious that accutane is probably out of our systems. But that doesn't mean accutane doesn't have the ability to exert long term effects on the body. Why do you think people are cured of acne for life? Obviously accutane has done something to the body to achieve this long term remission.

The most recent discovery is this. Accutane has epigenetic effects on DNA. That means through methylation and acetylation certain regions of DNA can be modified, to inhibit or stimulate transcription of certain proteins. These effects are long term and need to be studied in much greater detail. But it might explain why long term side effects occur.

And plenty of people with side effects have gone to seen doctors...so stop playing that card, jacobden. As a medical student, I can tell you one thing: doctors are good at solving textbook cases. But for outlier cases like ours--yes, we are a small minority and you are right--they have no fuckin clue. So have some sympathy and understanding.

I don't discredit what any of the above posters have said, but I'd like to share some things.

Isotretinoin is naturally occurring in the human body in very small amounts. Therefore, it can be removed from the body fairly quickly in comparison to its chemical isomer, vitamin A. This drug has scientifically been proven to be out of the user's system in no more than 6-8 months. So anyone who says that they were completely fine after accutane and then 2 years later developed a serious problem that is definitely due to accutane....well science is working against you my friends.

I do believe that accutane can induce autoimmune disorders and these would occur during treatment or immediately following. These can plague users for the rest of their lives even after all of the isotretinoin is out of their system, unfortunately. I think this is one main reasons why unlucky accutane users experience "permanent" side effects.

A lot about achieving a good hard and good sensation is being emotionally ready and without any worry. I'm going to share a graphic story, but its a testament to my above statement.

• Is my penis small?
  • Am I good at sex?

Yep, i'm mentioning go to the doctors to get your ED checked, theres no mystery with ED, there are many tests, and if its not physical then it's physiological. and accutane doesnt creep back to you 10-15 years later, people that got problems that far down the road would of gotten the problem with or without taking accutane far back then, yet they say its a fact because the only fact they have is they taken accutane before, not like they check them out "yep he has excessive Isotretinoin inside of him"

Ya, and even if they don't approve I could just skip my pills and say I took them. But would it still work? Like I heard that they use low doses in some countries, but I never read any specific literature about it.

It will definitely help and it is so much safer than taking 80mg 7 days a week for months. Usually, I would prefer to recommend people to take 10mg but it seems impossible to find such a dose in Europe, United State of America and Canada except in Asia whereby most GP carry it.

I'm not sure if I see your logic. Yes, Isotretinoin is in the human body in small amounts. The reason is that the conversion of vitamin a to accutane is tightly regulated--and for good reason. When you bypass all the system's regulatory system, you can imagine what happens: you are asking for trouble. The body doesn't know how to deal with large amounts of an endogenous chemical that is usually found in minute quantities.

And it's obvious that accutane is probably out of our systems. But that doesn't mean accutane doesn't have the ability to exert long term effects on the body. Why do you think people are cured of acne for life? Obviously accutane has done something to the body to achieve this long term remission.

The most recent discovery is this. Accutane has epigenetic effects on DNA. That means through methylation and acetylation certain regions of DNA can be modified, to inhibit or stimulate transcription of certain proteins. These effects are long term and need to be studied in much greater detail. But it might explain why long term side effects occur.

And plenty of people with side effects have gone to seen doctors...so stop playing that card, jacobden. As a medical student, I can tell you one thing: doctors are good at solving textbook cases. But for outlier cases like ours--yes, we are a small minority and you are right--they have no fuckin clue. So have some sympathy and understanding.

• Is my penis small?
  • Am I good at sex?

John Thanks for that post....

Fredq- Can you please post a link to the studies that say Accutane (Iso) is out of your system by 6-8 months. As If I remember correctly Roche says themselves that the Long Term Effects are UNKOWN. Can someone explain why my Vit A levels are to be normal, however I can't eat anything w/ Vit A????? Why a small amount of a product w/ retinol caused my symptoms to worsen etc...??? Just a thought

Edited by oli girl

Oli girl, I just wanted to say that I love you.

Not in a creepy way of course.

But after what you've been through - and I don't know the ins and outs of it - you still remain unselfish and go out of your way to reassure others.

You are fantastic.

Indy x

:dance: Thanks Indy, I hope your doing better too! I will be here probably till the day I die to help other suffers. I hope that I do help in away as things will never be the same, but hopefully better. I know I was grateful for the help that I have recived from others, not sure where I'd be right now.

Edited by oli girl

First of all, I just want to commend everyone here for healthy debate.

John- Your reply is great. My earlier post was simply pointing out that its a common misconception that accutane is in your system forever should you have permanent side effects. I haven't seen that study on the epigenetic affects of pharmaceuticals, but I just gave the abstract a read until I can head up to the library and read the full report on my school's database. While I agree that there is promise in that area of study, I think it is too early to place a definite on it. There MUST be more research done in that area. I don't really have a theory as to why accutane can induce long term remission of acne, but I do know that of the people I personally know who have taken it, all three of them have oil constantly covering their face now, but with no acne. So therefore, how can a drug be that selective of which areas it affects permanently? It may just clean out the pores and rid the body of pacnes bacteria in such an efficient way that the acne cannot return until an individual grows out of their acne.

Your statement about doctors is 100% right. A lot of people don't understand that around here.

Oligirl- I don't have time to find it right now, but there definitely is one. I'm almost positive it was mentioned in that thread that BioNerd created a couple weeks ago. It basically hailed accutane as being 100% safe because it was shown to be gone from the body within said time.

Gotta run to class. I'll be back