Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

does the regimen help with blackheads?

Guest Timehealsall

Bp seems to get rid of some of my blackheads, but not all of them go away. Unfortunately, these blackheads also leave holes in my skin (nose). Is there anything else that can treat blackheads on the nose without leaving holes?

i would recommend mandelic acid. after a month or two of using it it completely gets rid of my blackheads (u wont see immediate results). i can't comment on whether it will leave holes for u or not. i use nucelle. however, it has algae in it and some people don't like that cause it breaks them out. i'm pretty sure it doesn't cause me any problems.

you might also want to try alpha hydrox 10% or 12% glycolic AHA lotion or cream.

Edited by special

Guest Timehealsall
i would recommend mandelic acid. after a month or two of using it it completely gets rid of my blackheads (u wont see immediate results). i can't comment on whether it will leave holes for u or not. i use nucelle. however, it has algae in it and some people don't like that cause it breaks them out. i'm pretty sure it doesn't cause me any problems.

you might also want to try alpha hydrox 10% or 12% glycolic AHA lotion or cream.

would dans AHA suffice? How many times a week should i use it?

Will this also work on clogged pores?

Guest Timehealsall

also, can clogged pores cause scarring? What if you gently rub at them when touching your face (i.e. cleansing or moisturizing or applying medicines)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/search.html

Start here for the Regimen step-by-step directions.

Please be sure to read the What to expect page as that helps you see what's normal when you're starting out with the Regimen.

The Biggest Mistakes page will help you determine whether or not you should add that product or change up something with regards to the Regimen.

If you continue to have trouble, Having Trouble? will guide you through a series of questions that will help you pinpoint areas of concern with your use of the Regimen.

There's also a series of Frequently Asked Questions that address the most frequent questions that regularly come up.

Here's a helpful list on Finding Supplies. You can use Dan's products or find the needed gentle cleanser, 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide product, and a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer at a local drugstore.

Guest Timehealsall

i am already on the regimen (about 6-7 weeks) so i have all the products. I just wanted to know if it helped with blackheads and or clogged pores.

My papules/pusutles have seemed to calmed down though, and i am thankful for that!

would dans AHA suffice? How many times a week should i use it?

Will this also work on clogged pores?

my recommendation was just based on stuff I have used. i've never used Dan's AHA, but I would imagine that AHA is AHA and if u have success with one kind u'll have somewhat good success with another.

the reason i said mandelic acid is that when I used AHA i noticed that it was good for fading my red marks but didn't do a whole lot for blackheads or clogged pores. i don't remember how long i used AHA for but i know i used mandelic acid for 3 months.

also, can clogged pores cause scarring? What if you gently rub at them when touching your face (i.e. cleansing or moisturizing or applying medicines)

i would advise against deliberately rubbing clogged pores to get rid of them or try to get the gunk out. putting medicine on them or just cleansing your face the rubbing should usually be extremely mild and shouldn't really matter in my opinion. my clogged pores either turn into acne or just go away

Edited by special

Well its really helping my blackheads, my nose used to be COVERED, like, every single pore on my nose, upper cheeks, between my eyes/lower forehead and chin/jawline, COVERED in thousands of tiny blackheads, and they were really noticable, now i only have maybe a slight sprinkling of them over my cheeks and between my eyes, and you cant really notice them unless you're deliberately looking for them.

So i'm happy, even if the regimen didn't work for my acne, i'd keep using it just for the blackheads.

also helped a lot with my clogged pores.