Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Liquid_Ocelot

How long does the redness last from a 1.5mm dermaroller treatment?

that great news! did you roll your whole face or just partial face?

I only have scarring on one side of my face, so just my left cheek.

are they deep? discolored?

that great news! did you roll your whole face or just partial face?

I only have scarring on one side of my face, so just my left cheek.

are they deep? discolored?

Some shallow indents, a few of them are discoloured. And one boxcar that I want to get rid of the most.

Hey guys, just letting you know i'm going to do my next treatment within the next week. Will post my progress here. This is my plan -

1.5mm derma stamp (first time using stamps) on my cheeks

1.0mm derma stamp on forehead

Topicals - Stem C'rum SR (Professional needling serum with growth factors) and Terproline Professional

LED's - Red/infrared and maybe yellow if i'm bothered.

See you soon.

I just did my first derma stamp session about half an hour ago. My face is pretty red right now but not as red as when I used the dermaroller. There also wasn't half as much blood and none of those lingering blood spots I had after my dermaroller treatment. This was my step by step process for anyone that's interested -

1. Cleansed the area to be treated with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol and saline wipes. (Buy wipes, they're more convenient)

2. Washed my hands with anti-bacterial soap.

3. Began stamping with 1.5mm derma stamp

4. After covering each area several times I used a smaller pen stamp to target specific scars.

Overall i'm quite pleased so far. I feel like i've covered a much larger area than before and it looks like i'll have less downtime.

Quick update. It's been about 4 weeks since my last treatment and i'm continuing to see improvments, hyperpigmentation that I had in areas have decreased, pores are more refined and indents are slowly but surely rising. One on my forehead that i've had since I can remember is starting to fill in.

I'll be doing my third treatment in about 2-3 weeks. This time with the original Stem C'rum which has 6 times the concentration of growth factors than the SR version. Hopefully this will increase the results even further. Also i'll be using a professional conductive gel which is used for hyperpigmentation. The key ingredients are Arbutin and Vitamin C. This should even out my skin tone, not that it's uneven but every little helps right.

Quick update. It's been about 4 weeks since my last treatment and i'm continuing to see improvments, hyperpigmentation that I had in areas have decreased, pores are more refined and indents are slowly but surely rising. One on my forehead that i've had since I can remember is starting to fill in.

I'll be doing my third treatment in about 2-3 weeks. This time with the original Stem C'rum which has 6 times the concentration of growth factors than the SR version. Hopefully this will increase the results even further. Also i'll be using a professional conductive gel which is used for hyperpigmentation. The key ingredients are Arbutin and Vitamin C. This should even out my skin tone, not that it's uneven but every little helps right.

That's great, where do you get the original Stem C'rum from?

That's great, where do you get the original Stem C'rum from?

The Dermaheal website. The SR version was specifically made to use post-dermaroller, the original can apparently produce results by using it on bare skin so i'm just using my common sense here. The more growth factors the better. It's a lot more expensive though.

A word of advice if you're planning on purchasing any of their professional products, you're gonna have to come up with a good story. If you're in the US, they won't sell it to you period unless you're a medical professional. If you're in the UK, just tell them a dermatologist will be applying it.

Just to continue updating my progress here, I had a treatment about 6 weeks ago with a new derma stamp and I didn't like it at all to be honest. No lasting issues, but it hasn't been a step forward that's for sure. I used the new Scientia Derma Stamp (adjustable) and I found the needles to be way too thick. I'll be going back to my regular treatment for this next session, with the jglobalsales derma stamp. I'll also be adding a few new topicals. I'm going to continue using the Stem C'rum which i'm loving so far, and i'll also be adding Vitamin C for the first time, and a product called Bioflash.

Bioflash

This product has a remarkable combination of ingredients, so I have high hopes for it.

Ok, so i've got all my supplies for my next treatment. I'm going to use the following topicals -

1. Stem C'rum

2. Vitamin C

3. Bioflash

4. Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Serum

It may seem like an overload but these are all water based serums besides the B5 Serum so they won't clog up the skin. This is my plan -

1. Apply the Stem C'rum all over my face before the treatment and on the stamp itself.

2. Stamp the face.

3. More Stem C'rum followed by Vitamin C and Bioflash.

4. Use my Red/infrared LED 5 minutes per area.

5. Apply the B5 Serum for moisture.

I've researched the ingredients and I have a feeling this is the killer combination. The results i've had already have been astonishing compared to where I was before, my estimate is 3 more treatments and then i'm free. I'll probably only do it once or twice a year after that for maintenance. I promise if the results are as positive as I think they will be I will post pictures around September.

The most hi-tech dermarolling/-stamping ever :cool:

Good luck, will be interesting to see how it goes!

Just did a very thorough stamp session last night and i'm not sure if my skin has become used to needling or if it's the topicals but, my skin seems to be healing at an accelerated rate, much faster than normal. My skin also feels a lot more comfortable and elastic, at times I forget that I even stamped, when after my previous sessions that's all that was on my mind due to tension in the skin and mild stinging.

My estimate is 4 days max and my skin should be completely healed.

I have just had my first dermaroller done tonight & not sure what to expect yet, its very red at the minute & tingly. i didn't realise you could do this yourself at home & was wondering where would be the best place to buy the dermaroller from in the UK & what other creams, etc would I need to purchase?

I have just had my first dermaroller done tonight & not sure what to expect yet, its very red at the minute & tingly. i didn't realise you could do this yourself at home & was wondering where would be the best place to buy the dermaroller from in the UK & what other creams, etc would I need to purchase?

It's all in the thread. If you're going for a reliable dermaroller then Dr. Roller is the go to brand on this board. I personally prefer dermastamping.