Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Liquid_Ocelot

How long does the redness last from a 1.5mm dermaroller treatment?

Something new? :)

The redness was completely gone by the second day, BUT the area which bled still has blood spots which is kind of worrying. It's been almost 4 days now and they're still there. They seem to be fading but i'd expect them to be completely gone by now. As for my scars, they look plumped up but that's probably from the swelling. I'll give it a few weeks before I give my final opinion.

Depending on the results I may switch to the Derma Stamp as it has more control. It's hard to target specific areas with the dermaroller.

Good improvement today, redness almost completely gone. Just some faint discolouration left. I have to say it's taking its sweet time, it's been almost 5 days now. I must've rolled more thoroughly than most people.

Hello guys :)

As someone who rolls frequently, I can say, dont do it if theres an important date coming up....

The pressure you will put on your skin to heal, will hinder it!!!

I roll myself at home, IN the shower, because it softens skin and is 60%easier.... about once a week. I am microswelled and red for about the first 3 days, then I gradually heal. I dont really care if im a bit red, im over being self concious nowdays, I embrace my skin! If anyone notices and asks, I brush it off with sunburn, UNLESS I feel like explaining it all, which I found people reel in shock horror to learn we needle ourselves to hopefully improve our skin!

Keep in mind that if you have any small breakouts, the healing can take alot longer.

Also, the more you roll, the more aggressive you will become, because its not painfull and you are used to it.... Opps... resulting in more than a case of 'sunburned skin' Once I couldnt go out because my cheeks were stinging the following day.

I have rolled with a 1.5 approx once a week, for around a year now. I do it as fast as I shave my legs! I use a .2? every other day, just to keep the skin soaking in the cp serums. I also take breaks, like the past 2 months.

Adella

Hello guys :)

As someone who rolls frequently, I can say, dont do it if theres an important date coming up....

The pressure you will put on your skin to heal, will hinder it!!!

I roll myself at home, IN the shower, because it softens skin and is 60%easier.... about once a week. I am microswelled and red for about the first 3 days, then I gradually heal. I dont really care if im a bit red, im over being self concious nowdays, I embrace my skin! If anyone notices and asks, I brush it off with sunburn, UNLESS I feel like explaining it all, which I found people reel in shock horror to learn we needle ourselves to hopefully improve our skin!

Keep in mind that if you have any small breakouts, the healing can take alot longer.

Also, the more you roll, the more aggressive you will become, because its not painfull and you are used to it.... Opps... resulting in more than a case of 'sunburned skin' Once I couldnt go out because my cheeks were stinging the following day.

I have rolled with a 1.5 approx once a week, for around a year now. I do it as fast as I shave my legs! I use a .2? every other day, just to keep the skin soaking in the cp serums. I also take breaks, like the past 2 months.

Adella

Hey Adella,

have you seen any results from rolling thus far, % wise?

Yes, massive improvment.

Been doing it about a year, and im much happier with my skins texture and appearance.

Its hard to measure an exact %... I guess 50% improvment has been achived. Some days it seems more.

Im very pleased, and will continue rolling -no doubt. I just dont bother as often these days, although I will begin again soon.

Adella

Yes, massive improvment.

Been doing it about a year, and im much happier with my skins texture and appearance.

Its hard to measure an exact %... I guess 50% improvment has been achived. Some days it seems more.

Im very pleased, and will continue rolling -no doubt. I just dont bother as often these days, although I will begin again soon.

Adella

Hey adella, did you ever try the derma stamp? Would you recommend it?

No I have never tried it, although I wouldnt hesitate!!

Its all the same thing, just a different application. I plan to try a semi permanant tattoo gun treatment early next year.

Just so I can rate it :)

Anything that causes damage, that then causes collagen to form is doing the same job.

I have individually needeled scars too.

Adella

Its all the same thing, just a different application. I plan to try a semi permanant tattoo gun treatment early next year.

Anything that causes damage, that then causes collagen to form is doing the same job.

Adella

Adella,

I guess the rejuva-stamp ECIT is pretty much similar to the tatoo gun, with the only exception

that it is designed to specifically, treat the acne scars... just my few cents:D

Take care

B

I wanna try the rejuva-stamp but it's a bit of a rip-off to be honest. Way too expensive for what it is.

Adella

Adella,

I guess the rejuva-stamp ECIT is pretty much similar to the tatoo gun, with the only exception

that it is designed to specifically, treat the acne scars... just my few cents:D

Take care

B

yeah i guess you're right on that... have you ever even seen any reviews on this product? I mean, if it really works, than, why not? i wouldn't mind spending on something, that would improve my crappy skin, :doh:

I have seen posts from people who have tried the derma stamp, and I dont recall reading anything negative.

http://www.dermarollers.com/stamp.html

I take it this is what you mean>>the stamp version?

Why not! Id like to try one too.

However, I have to say the before and after pic on that site is shocker!! the after pic is noticably brighter...adjusting brightness will reduce and make scars dissapear. :doh:

I hate the false hope these sites offer. IF two treatments...6 weeks apart gave that result....we wouldnt even be here talking about it.

I am at a happy place with my facial scars, and have massive improvement- but im always looking to get better results...I am pretty sure that another year of my regular rolling and trying the dermastamp will be even better.

Plus it really assists with anti ageing :) no fine lines, and lots of new collagen-cant complain about that.

Adella

Logically the derma stamp should produce superior results, it would be a lot easier to penetrate the full length of the needles since it's just straight in and out. With the dermaroller i'm never quite sure how deep i'm going and I don't like how the needles go in at an angle. I'm definitely trying the stamp for my next treament.

And about those before and after pics, I never take those seriously. There are so many variables to these cases.

I have seen posts from people who have tried the derma stamp, and I dont recall reading anything negative.

http://www.dermarollers.com/stamp.html

I take it this is what you mean>>the stamp version?

Why not! Id like to try one too.

However, I have to say the before and after pic on that site is shocker!! the after pic is noticably brighter...adjusting brightness will reduce and make scars dissapear. :doh:

I hate the false hope these sites offer. IF two treatments...6 weeks apart gave that result....we wouldnt even be here talking about it.

I am at a happy place with my facial scars, and have massive improvement- but im always looking to get better results...I am pretty sure that another year of my regular rolling and trying the dermastamp will be even better.

Plus it really assists with anti ageing :) no fine lines, and lots of new collagen-cant complain about that.

Adella

Hmmm when you roll you are meant to feel a little pressure. swift backwards and forwards type motion, uniformly so you KNOW the needles penetrate the whole way. 'some' rollers are weighted to promote this natural effect of a very slight pressure. I had one professional treatment and while I was having it done, another doctor/cosmetician was learning how to use it, so I guess im lucky in that sense. I listened and learned.

The stamp is clearly for a larger area like the cheek. Personally I think theres more control of depth with a roller....if I put a stamp on my cheek, it would connect more deeply on the bone, less around the jaw.

BUT they have variations to suit individuals, and like I said, I would give the stamp a go, but essentially its the exact same thing.

I cant wait to hear how it goes for you- please let us know how you rate the stamp??

Adella

Will do, but it won't be until sometime in December. I'm thinking of starting with a 1.0mm stamp, or should I go straight for the 1.5mm? Also, I was wondering what size is suitable for the forehead?

Hmmm when you roll you are meant to feel a little pressure. swift backwards and forwards type motion, uniformly so you KNOW the needles penetrate the whole way. 'some' rollers are weighted to promote this natural effect of a very slight pressure. I had one professional treatment and while I was having it done, another doctor/cosmetician was learning how to use it, so I guess im lucky in that sense. I listened and learned.

The stamp is clearly for a larger area like the cheek. Personally I think theres more control of depth with a roller....if I put a stamp on my cheek, it would connect more deeply on the bone, less around the jaw.

BUT they have variations to suit individuals, and like I said, I would give the stamp a go, but essentially its the exact same thing.

I cant wait to hear how it goes for you- please let us know how you rate the stamp??

Adella

I have never used the stamp, and so I cant offer advise on sizes, etc. I do know that needling more easily tolerated- if you begin with a smaller size - get used to the sensation, and then progress to a larger needle size.

All I know about skin and healing has come from dealing with MY OWN issues for almost 15 years..most recently having noted great improvement from regular rolling combined with select products.

I am not a doctor, but someone who has been there too, and has the t-shirt to prove it.

Over that time, I have spent many many thousands of dollars, and had quite a few different treatments. Used almost every product the 'industry' offers...seen many doctors...been on tv and in a magazine for my skin too!

I am all for people doing research, and learning all they can, to treat themselves. I believe we know our skin and care about it more than most doctors ever will. The best results I have gained to date, is from self needling @ home.

Adella

i dermarolled my temple, discoloration lasted for 4 days. Initial improvement: 90%, improvement on day 6: back to 0%.

Perhaps I need to wait for the collagen to kick in

I'm confused about roll frequency....every week seems too often for 1.5 mm, Dr.Chu advices every 3 months, most say 6-8 weeks. I will try again in 3 weeks to other areas.

I'm still not sure what is considered aggressive rolling? I'm pretty sure the needles had fully penetrated the skin and I see some blood clots and swelling. Is that good enough?

Micro swelling sure makes skin look good doesnt it?

I recall thinking the first time I rolled, it was a miracle. Then I healed, and swelling went away....

I can say this....there is hope!! My skin after over a year of rolling is FAR better than before, and I am amazed sometimes when I note the difference.

IMO Frequent 'light' rolling is better than spacing it arpart 3 months... I have researched and there is no reason for the lengthy wait. Except that if you roll VERY hard, with 6 passes, you wont 'want' to roll again for months.

:) patience is the key- and finding a routine thats right for YOU.

Adella

I learned what I know re;rolling from both my own research and from an expert in the feild, dr. Philippa Mc Caffery. I have been seeing her since 1999. She is an authority on rollers and the use of them in Australia, and also makes the nova care range.

Edited by adella

Micro swelling sure makes skin look good doesnt it?

I recall thinking the first time I rolled, it was a miracle. Then I healed, and swelling went away....

I can say this....there is hope!! My skin after over a year of rolling is FAR better than before, and I am amazed sometimes when I note the difference.

IMO Frequent 'light' rolling is better than spacing it arpart 3 months... I have researched and there is no reason for the lengthy wait. Except that if you roll VERY hard, with 6 passes, you wont 'want' to roll again for months.

:) patience is the key- and finding a routine thats right for YOU.

Adella

I learned what I know re;rolling from both my own research and from an expert in the feild, dr. Philippa Mc Caffery. I have been seeing her since 1999. She is an authority on rollers and the use of them in Australia, and also makes the nova care range.

really..so how light? like 1..2 passes?

I would do just enough so that I appeared sunburned for a few days. I would also use copper peptide serum after each roll and regularly during healing.

If you take a look at CPs and the way they work and then think about lighter yet more frequent rolling...you will start to understand why it is of benefit.

PLUS I was able to do this weekly for a year, with NO downtime (except for once when I over did the rolling) Id be red for a day, max.

http://reverseskinaging.com/studies2.html

I do buy skin biology products, but I did research prior to using them. Many people agree Cps are fantastic.

I reccomend you never do any treatment without research- it can save you alot of time and money.

Anymore questions PM me anytime

Adella

Hi guys, I just ordered the new 1.0mm disposable derma stamp by nova clinic and a smaller 1.5mm stamp to target deeper scars. I'll be using it in about a months time so come back here for updates. I'm HOPING that there's little to no downtime so I can do this procedure on a regular basis over the course of a year.

Btw, my skin is looking a lot better now since my dermaroller treatment, there has definitely been some improvement and I doubt it's just microswelling since it's been about 7 days. And I only expect it to get better when more collagen grows. Still on the fence however until I do my second treatment.

Hi Liquid

I need to tell you to stop looking for any changes after one rolling treatment.

This treatment is no fast fix.

It takes min 3 months for a collagen growth to show any difference on the skin.... it takes a few sessions with the roller to note any signifigant change, and that will vary from person to person, over time because of things like, age, diet, stress, smoking,sunlight exposure and products used....so many variables...

So do the math, even if you roll regularly like I do, or wait 6 weeks between more harsh rolling, it will probably take a year and more to achive the results you seek.

Dont be dissapointed! look at it as a journey... a year will FLY so best to be doing a little something as often as possible IMO.

Adella

I know it takes time, but I honestly see a difference already, in the colour and texture of my skin. This may also be in part due to a chemical peel I applied about 2-3 months ago. I've also stopped smoking! So that may have had a positive effect aswell.

The important thing is to stay optimistic, I was freaking out at one point when the discolouration wasn't fading but now I feel hopeful that this treatment may be the answer to my prayers. I guess we'll find out after a few more treatments. I'll definitely come back to let you guys know my verdict.

Hi Liquid

I need to tell you to stop looking for any changes after one rolling treatment.

This treatment is no fast fix.

It takes min 3 months for a collagen growth to show any difference on the skin.... it takes a few sessions with the roller to note any signifigant change, and that will vary from person to person, over time because of things like, age, diet, stress, smoking,sunlight exposure and products used....so many variables...

So do the math, even if you roll regularly like I do, or wait 6 weeks between more harsh rolling, it will probably take a year and more to achive the results you seek.

Dont be dissapointed! look at it as a journey... a year will FLY so best to be doing a little something as often as possible IMO.

Adella

The small changes you see are the beginning :)

Yes it works!! Im glad you are happy with your new goodies, and realistic too.

Goodluck!!!

Adella

that great news! did you roll your whole face or just partial face?