Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys

I was on the DKR regimen for a while but then i stopped using BP because it didn't really help but create massive pustules consistently. So right now my regiment that i started 3-4 days ago consists of:

Morning: Cleanse - Baby brush exfoliate then mositurize

Night: Cleanse - Aha (all over face)

And i've started breaking out crazy, im not sure if its purging or breaking out but im getting pustules and whiteheads in places where i normally dont get them. And the right side of my face is just disgusting and covered in pimples, i'm not sure if I should continue and go through this process and hope for light at the end of the tunnel. I've read around and seen some outstanding results of aha and i'm not sure if i'm one of them. My final tests are ending in 3 weeks and I have tonnes of parties to attend and i haven't seen people in ages and i'm worried they'd be shock to see my acne worsen this bad! Oh and also my face feels really irritated aswell, like its itchy aswell during the day.

Guest Timehealsall

im pretty sure the BP was brining everything out..

Hey guys

I was on the DKR regimen for a while but then i stopped using BP because it didn't really help but create massive pustules consistently. So right now my regiment that i started 3-4 days ago consists of:

Morning: Cleanse - Baby brush exfoliate then mositurize

Night: Cleanse - Aha (all over face)

And i've started breaking out crazy, im not sure if its purging or breaking out but im getting pustules and whiteheads in places where i normally dont get them. And the right side of my face is just disgusting and covered in pimples, i'm not sure if I should continue and go through this process and hope for light at the end of the tunnel. I've read around and seen some outstanding results of aha and i'm not sure if i'm one of them. My final tests are ending in 3 weeks and I have tonnes of parties to attend and i haven't seen people in ages and i'm worried they'd be shock to see my acne worsen this bad! Oh and also my face feels really irritated aswell, like its itchy aswell during the day.

You are exfoliating way too much. Stop using the baby's hair brush. AHA can cause purging but this is too soon, really. I think you're just irritating your skin to heck and back right now and it's retaliating.

Just AHA. A gentle cleanser. Consider a small amount of BP to reduce the purge. The infections won't be treated by AHA; BP would help with that.

Oright, so the itching was caused by the use of the baby brush daily? I'm currently using dans cleanser, should I jst cleanse and moisturize in the morning and still use aha once a day at night? And when you say use bp to help the infections I'm kind of worried that I'll break out further :/ thanks alotttt for the reply! Appreciate it alot, i've been so distressed lately, acne+exams ahhhh!!

Oright, so the itching was caused by the use of the baby brush daily? I'm currently using dans cleanser, should I jst cleanse and moisturize in the morning and still use aha once a day at night? And when you say use bp to help the infections I'm kind of worried that I'll break out further :/ thanks alotttt for the reply! Appreciate it alot, i've been so distressed lately, acne+exams ahhhh!!

Yes, see how that goes with cleaning and moisturizing in morning and AHA at night.

BP does not cause a breakout; it kills the bacteria that cause one. However, you may have been irritated and that caused breakout.

Oh ye I also just wanted to show you the state of my face, the right hand side and if this regimen im pursing would be good to remedy it.

post-112582-1287465335_thumb.jpg

post-112582-1287465335_thumb.jpg

Edited by RamenNoodles

if you do BP as a spot treatment, then you're only treating that area and another area will get a pimple, and then you'll have to spot treat that, and so on and so forth. spot treating is really just something you use as an extra, like at night or something, or if you might be someone like me, as i usually don't get acne anymore and if i do it's one or two pimples that aren't worth using BP all over the face for.

for BP to work fully, you put BP over acne prone areas. if it's acne prone, put BP there.

UPDATE: I applied the bp

in the morning and I broke out throughout the day, 7 pustules surfaced and my face looks yuck. I was wondering if it's just me or does BP bring pustules to the surface really easily? It only takes a few hours :/ does this mean I'm allergic to bp or soething?

An allergy to bp would include redness, itchiness, pain, burning, and swelling. (I'm allergic to bp.)