Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kimberlydoll

Retina A initial breakout

Hey,

I am currently using SA and BP and it is helping...it is slowing but surely going away. All I am doing is Botchla's once a day and my derm just decided to put me on Retina A and Duac. Im sure I will have no problems with Duac, my face is by far used to BP so I am going to cut out the BP wash but I have heard a lot about Retina A making it worse first. I am REALLY close to being clear, I need something else to finish off what the washes haven't...so I dont want to go back to school my normal self, if that makes sense. Any thoughts?

Retin-A usually does cause an initial breakout. i think the initial breakout varies by how clogged your pores are and how well your skin renews itself naturally. i had a bad initial breakout because my skin is very poor at renewing itself. however, after the initial breakout, things cleared up very nicely. the thing about retin-a is that it prevents breakouts from occuring rather than waiting until you breakout to treat anything. it takes a while to begin clearing up, but when you do, it's definitely worth it.