Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Necromancer

This Thread Is Going To Change the Game Forever

So you probably have seen me around these forums. What you don't know is that I still got some hypertrophic scarring on my left shoulder (from blade to top of shoulder near traps). I got this a couple of years ago being dumb trying to tear out cysts and other junk. It happened when I got a crapload of bacne out of nowhere for about a year. The rest of the bacne went away for the most part. My right shoulder which was also hit, went away too. I just picked at the left shoulder too much.

This thread will be a journey from start to finish (12 week total) that will show how effective ScarAway silicon strips (12 week kit) along with Merderma daily will be for the scarring. I will post pictures later of where I am right now. I'd rather wait a couple of days because I did hack squats and I got lines and rashes on my shoulders from the machine pads. So it wouldn't be fair to start with.

The reason for this decision is that I've waited long enough, tried the natural process of skin rejuvenation and also tanning. Where it is now is what I believe is how good it will ever get.

So stay tuned!!!

:)

Ok I decided not to wait. I'm spontaneous like that haha. Below is a thumbnail. I will post thumbnails when possible but they take up space. All my larger pics on this journey will be in my photobucket below:

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/mik...car%20Progress/

Wish me luck!

post-43544-1287368925_thumb.jpg

good luck! does this mean you are starting today?

No. I ordered the kit today. I should get it later this week. I also don't want to do it while I'm tanning. My tanning contract runs out the end of the month. Right now I will just use Merderma. I had a stick in my drawer that I never used because I tried it on my face like 10 years ago and it only made the red spots more red.

The kit I'm getting got great reviews by lots of people with far worse scarring. I am confident it will improve my scarring.

My goal is to be able to wear wife beaters to the gym. It sucks to be big and muscular but hide it in tee shirts because one shoulder looks like trash haha.

:D

EDIT: Also for those unaware, I did a PF thread in the Body Acne section above. My shoulder looked 10x worse just a year or so ago. Right now it looks awesome. But I want it to look better than awesome. I want it to look specTacular! :D

Edited by Necromancer

Oh forgot to ask. What do you guys prefer? I can take a shoulder picture daily or as often as I can (I travel for work). I plan to take all pictures with the light switch behind me and at the same angle so the results look good.

My goal is to use the pictures to show a time effect process of the scars fading and then make an epic youtube video.

I plan to make this thread my most successful on this site yet (my Regimen and PF Body Acne threads are nearly at 30,000 views). This thread I'm taking serious because even though no one sees my shoulders except on vacations, I see it every night. It is frustrating haha.

I plan to get it tattooed over if this doesn't work.

So if you have suggestions, post and I will make it happen. Right now:

1. Plan to take several pictures a week at the same angle for 12+ weeks.

2. Plan to start ScarAway treatment November 1, 2010

3. Will have my detailed pictures on photobucket but will post smaller ones on here every now and then.

4. Will make a youtube video at the end of this (Feb 2011).

:)

oh its going to be easy for you! all you need to do is wear it for as long as possible right? put it on, tape it down and just ignore it. if only all things were this easy, lol :)

oh its going to be easy for you! all you need to do is wear it for as long as possible right? put it on, tape it down and just ignore it. if only all things were this easy, lol :)

I hope it is that easy. I work out a lot so I don't know if the sweat will have it coming off. I will find a way though haha.

I have also planned to take a picture everyday of my shoulder. I just put my camera out so all I need to do is press the button and the picture is done. :)

Guest Timehealsall

dood, my back looks similar to that except i have TONS OF PIH as well. I hope all goes well

dood, my back looks similar to that except i have TONS OF PIH as well. I hope all goes well

I believe it will go well. I've done a lot of research on scar treatments. This is the only area of my body that has scarring still - even with everything that has happened. Even the area where I had surgery just 6 months ago is fading away faster than my shoulder. I hope to one day show a picture and nothing is in the picture haha. :D

Good luck dude! Please keep us posted, and thanks!

Thanks man. I believe this will turn into one of the best threads on here. I got the focus to remove these scars. I might start the kit this weekend. I haven't decided yet. Just been using Merderma so far. Will keep taking pics every night. Keep checking my photobucket since I won't attach many here due to the limits.

If I can make my shoulder look like it did 3-4 years ago, I will be thrilled!

Today is Day 1! After a Halloween weekend of drunk parties and hangovers, I am ready to begin. Just applied the strip to my shoulder a few minutes ago. Will update pictures tomorrow on photobucket.

Wish me luck!!! :dance:

I woke up today to take off the patch, clean the skin, and put the patch back on and I was amazed that the scars aren't raised as much as before. I tried researching what is going on with these patches but I still don't get it. They can be washed with water and still stick. They do some miracle while they are on. Unbelievable!

Will post pics tonight. If this works I may :cry: lol.

Album updated. I'm seeing some sick progress since 10-17-10 when I first started taking pictures. Anyone else seeing it? The height of the scars have dropped to nearly level!!! :dance:

Guest Timehealsall

man i am happy that you are having results. You are quite fortunate in that your scarring is only located on your back (and its quite mild to be honest). Facial scarring sucks so bad...

The progress on this is astronomical. I am starting to think like Rocky 4 at the end:

"If I can change!... If you can change..... WE CAN ALL CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!' :surprised:

Anyways, I still have over 2 more months before I am supposed to see clear results but I'm already seeing results in less than 1 month. I recommend everyone to try ScarAway immediately!

CHARGEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket updated with pics as of 11-13-10. The progress is out of this world. It has been almost a month since I started the Merderma, but only 13 days since I started the ScarAway treatment. At this pace, these scars may be gone completely! Anyways, here is day 13 below:

post-43544-1289660585_thumb.jpg

:clap:

post-43544-1289660585_thumb.jpg

I won't be able to update for the next week because I will be out of town. Overall, the progress is still on course and I expect the scars to be nearly faded away come this January!

Been on vacation the past 2 weeks and didn't feel like messing with the scar pads. Plus I was drunk. I just started again this morning. Wish me luck!

Been on vacation the past 2 weeks and didn't feel like messing with the scar pads. Plus I was drunk. I just started again this morning. Wish me luck!

Any updates?

Also I know you lift weights, do you use Creatine? Has it caused any acne?

Sorry been busy and its been freezing here. During Thanksgiving break for about 2 weeks I didn't even bother with these patches. I recently started. Some issues:

1) They stick great right out of the box. But when you take it off to clean, the stickiness goes away.

2) Because of the location they come off during the night or at work.

3) It is in a bad location lol. If it was on a flatter part of my body it would be better. But I got a lot of muscle on my shoulder and it wrinkles the patch when I wear it.

4) Been trying to use half a patch recently.

I updated photobucket. I still am making progress. :)

post-43544-1292726230_thumb.jpg

This is the 2 month progress since 10-17-10. A lot of red marks have gone away. The 3 main spots have improved. The top of the 3 spots has changed to a light brown/gray vs. the red color it was. The middle spot is actually smoother than it was. It is hard to tell with the picture. The bottom of the 3 spots is about the same but slightly smaller.

post-43544-1292726230_thumb.jpg