Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
selina77

anyone have a condition causing acne??

Hi All

I have had acne for 9 years, i have seen every doctor, dermatologist, etc and i have tried alot of treatments!! the only thing i refuse to try is Accutane as i am not feeling the side effects, blood tests etc and my acne is only moderate..

I can honestly say the only thing that helped was Panoxyl which helped the outbreaks BUT it made my skin way to dry that when i put make up on it looked disgusting!! and i took the contracetive pill Dianette which was brilliant, BUT i gained lots of weight and my doc wouldnt let me take it anymore as your not supposed to. take it for long

I cant have any treatments i.e laser untill my acne's gone but my acne wont clear :(

I think maybe my acne may be due to a sign of something else i.e polysistic overies etc so my question is for thoese who have had a similar thought about what could be causing their acne? anyone had any test's or is anyone in a similar situation to myself?? im thinking about speaking to my doc but i dont want to embarrass myself suggesting something i now nothing much about