Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

is too much moisturizer bad?

Guest Timehealsall

Is it? I use the acne.org one with jojoba oil mixed in (3 drops) but i am not sure if i am over moisturizing

Well how much moisturizer do you use? I'm sure at some point you can over-moisturize, but I doubt you're there yet.

I use 2 pumps of Dan's new moisturizer and a few drops of jojoba oil, which seems like a lot when I put it on, but it all absorbs into my skin. I think you'll be okay.

If using less causes you to be dry and irritated, then you are using the right amount. Moisturizer is what's going to help your skin recover and heal, so I doubt you're using too much.

If you moisturize your skin too much you'll probly start breaking out because your skin will end up being too oily, don't use to much!

I agree with Cello, your skin needs moisture to heal, so it's important to put plenty on. I find if I overdo it, my skin takes an age to dry, and it's a bit itchy until it does.

If you moisturize your skin too much you'll probly start breaking out because your skin will end up being too oily, don't use to much!

Common misconception. If you don't moisturize enough, your skin has to produce more oil. There is a line you don't want to cross, of course. If your skin can't absorb the moisture in about 5 minutes, then you probably used too much, and you can blot off the excess.

there's always a thing such as too much. however, if you're able to rub in the moisturizer effectively in a minute or so, you're using the right amount. i'd only say you're using too much if it's ten minutes in and you're still trying to rub it in or get it to absorb.

there's always a thing such as too much. however, if you're able to rub in the moisturizer effectively in a minute or so, you're using the right amount. i'd only say you're using too much if it's ten minutes in and you're still trying to rub it in or get it to absorb.

Ditto

Guest Timehealsall

just curious, but if a person applied BP to pimples and never moisturized, would his/her chances of scarring increase? Basically does applying moisturizer after BP reduce the chance of scarring (indents)

just curious, but if a person applied BP to pimples and never moisturized, would his/her chances of scarring increase? Basically does applying moisturizer after BP reduce the chance of scarring (indents)

I Don't think it really reduces the chance of scarring, but moisturizer helps the skin heal, making it less likely to scar, but it could scar either way, if you have skin that scars easily, or just really deep zits, or from picking.