Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hettybelle

Help! What is this?

Hi guys, I kinda need some help here. I not sure what is happening with my skin! My skin is not very spot prone, bar round my period. But suddenly, since May I have been getting these huge, deep lumps. They have no, nor do they come ever to head. Incredibly painful with the whole area also painful. They slowly, very slowllllly drain away. I keep getting them on my lower jaw line, just below the corners of my lips, and two [i]always over my right eyebrow, that swell n'merge! I look like Quasimodo!

i now got three of em this week, one large one on the corner of my jaw( It hurts to chew), and the two above my eyebrow. They've swollen so much that its causing my eyelid to droop and are absolutly agonizing! I can't smile, laugh or move my face much, cause these lumps are causing the skin on my forehead to go all taunt and sore. When ever I get these monster lumps I do hot compresses, but this time it hurts too bloody much.

I do a three step cleansing regime every morning, eat plenty of fruit and veg, take exercise and don't drink or smoke. On advise of my dietitian, I take EPA,DPA and EPO oils and zinc. I also take B and C vit supplements too.

So what are these horrible things??? And is there any thing I can do for them??? HELP!

Are you in your late teens or early-mid 20s? It sounds to me like you're describing hormonal cystic acne. I suddenly got it almost a year ago, and had huge, painful lumps on my face. There wasn't anything like a warning sign, I just got one, then another, then another, etc. I finally went to a derm, got on a new BC pill and retinol and the cysts are now gone.

Hi guys, I kinda need some help here. I not sure what is happening with my skin! My skin is not very spot prone, bar round my period. But suddenly, since May I have been getting these huge, deep lumps. They have no, nor do they come ever to head. Incredibly painful with the whole area also painful. They slowly, very slowllllly drain away. I keep getting them on my lower jaw line, just below the corners of my lips, and two [i]always[/i] over my right eyebrow, that swell n'merge! I look like Quasimodo!

i now got three of em this week, one large one on the corner of my jaw( It hurts to chew), and the two above my eyebrow. They've swollen so much that its causing my eyelid to droop and are absolutly agonizing! I can't smile, laugh or move my face much, cause these lumps are causing the skin on my forehead to go all taunt and sore. When ever I get these monster lumps I do hot compresses, but this time it hurts too bloody much.

I do a three step cleansing regime every morning, eat plenty of fruit and veg, take exercise and don't drink or smoke. On advise of my dietitian, I take EPA,DPA and EPO oils and zinc. I also take B and C vit supplements too.

So what are these horrible things??? And is there any thing I can do for them??? HELP!

Thanks mate! That sounds exactly what these lumps do. They just suddenly there! And then grow and grow and grow............ i am 24, and my twin, little sister and brother had teenage acne thats now completely clear. I didn't though, I think this is my version! Right. To the doctor tomorrow, if I can let the public see my face........