Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

can BP enlarge pores?

Guest Timehealsall

Guys i noticed that every since i started applying BP all over to my forehead, the pores have become quite noticeable. I was wondering if BP can cause pores to become more noticeable and is this permanent?

MOVED to over the counter acne medications. This is NOT a regimen-specific question.

If he is on the Regimen, it's okay to leave it in the Regimen forum, imo.

As for your question about enlarged pores, I don't see why or how bp would do that, to be honest.

Guest Timehealsall

yes i am on the regimen.

Thanks for the answer.

yes i am on the regimen.

Thanks for the answer.

Yes it does... I used BP for 3 years like in dan's regimen and my pores are now wikidly bigger than when i didnt use BP....anyone telling you that BP does not age your skin is lying to you....listen to me kid, im tellin you the truth. My forehead nose and pores all around my face where i use BP are now like an old mans pores....im only 22

yes i am on the regimen.

Thanks for the answer.

Yes it does... I used BP for 3 years like in dan's regimen and my pores are now wikidly bigger than when i didnt use BP....anyone telling you that BP does not age your skin is lying to you....listen to me kid, im tellin you the truth. My forehead nose and pores all around my face where i use BP are now like an old mans pores....im only 22

Really? I have been using BP for about a year. My pores have always been somewhat large, at least noticeable without looking too closely. It's mostly all the tiny blackheads I can't get rid of. But on my nose of course there are small holes where I extract blackheads. I didn't know BP caused that. It doesn't seem to do it on my cheeks.

yes i am on the regimen.

Thanks for the answer.

Really? I have been using BP for about a year. My pores have always been somewhat large, at least noticeable without looking too closely. It's mostly all the tiny blackheads I can't get rid of. But on my nose of course there are small holes where I extract blackheads. I didn't know BP caused that. It doesn't seem to do it on my cheeks.

Be careful how you treat those blackheads because they do leave these holes that you think are going to shrink in time, but blackheads do stretch out your pores...and YEs i used BP for three years an my skin today just does not look the same...IT could have been the acne itself stretching out my pores...I have had black heads on my nose and these white plugs on my forehead (they seem like plastic little crystal plugs you can just pull out of the pore) and although BP does take care of minimizing these things the Drying side effect of acne and scaling in the long run ages your skin drastically, premature aging due to constant drying of the skin can also cause wrinkles making your skin look and feel leathery and making the pores more noticeable because there are all these little lines everywhere wrikling up where it never used to wrinkle up before you used BP. If you have oily skin you get less wrinkles , if you have dry skin you get more lines on the face and in turn this does make your pores more noticeable specially on the forehead.

This is why i am trying to look for an alternative to BP...i mean BP does work, but the side effects for me are just not worth it. All i know is that my pores today are bigger and more noticeable than they were when i was 19 and at 22 i look at my old professors who are like 40 and my pores look just like their pores....could be my genetics, but all my other brothers do not have acne and do not have pores like mine. They all look polished and no pore on their nose in sight. Dry skin makes pores look bigger, this is why Moisture is the essence of Beauty

My por

yes i am on the regimen.

Thanks for the answer.

Be careful how you treat those blackheads because they do leave these holes that you think are going to shrink in time, but blackheads do stretch out your pores...and YEs i used BP for three years an my skin today just does not look the same...IT could have been the acne itself stretching out my pores...I have had black heads on my nose and these white plugs on my forehead (they seem like plastic little crystal plugs you can just pull out of the pore) and although BP does take care of minimizing these things the Drying side effect of acne and scaling in the long run ages your skin drastically, premature aging due to constant drying of the skin can also cause wrinkles making your skin look and feel leathery and making the pores more noticeable because there are all these little lines everywhere wrikling up where it never used to wrinkle up before you used BP. If you have oily skin you get less wrinkles , if you have dry skin you get more lines on the face and in turn this does make your pores more noticeable specially on the forehead.

This is why i am trying to look for an alternative to BP...i mean BP does work, but the side effects for me are just not worth it. All i know is that my pores today are bigger and more noticeable than they were when i was 19 and at 22 i look at my old professors who are like 40 and my pores look just like their pores....could be my genetics, but all my other brothers do not have acne and do not have pores like mine. They all look polished and no pore on their nose in sight. Dry skin makes pores look bigger, this is why Moisture is the essence of Beauty

My por

Do you think that using enough moisturizer helps this? At this point, I use very little BP because my regimen and being on the pill has really helped clear up my skin. I was having problems with dry skin so I stopped washing my face for longer than 5 or 10 seconds each time and used less bp and more moisturizer, and it seems to still be fine. I think part of the reason I can see some pores is from scarring from before I went on the regimen. It's not bad enough that I can see it without being super close to a mirror, though. The pores on my nose are pretty big though, no doubt from blackheads. I was thinking of getting pore strips but I know they can cause irritation... >.< I think in terms of genetics I might have slightly larger pores.

Guest Timehealsall
yes i am on the regimen.

Thanks for the answer.

My por

Do you think that using enough moisturizer helps this? At this point, I use very little BP because my regimen and being on the pill has really helped clear up my skin. I was having problems with dry skin so I stopped washing my face for longer than 5 or 10 seconds each time and used less bp and more moisturizer, and it seems to still be fine. I think part of the reason I can see some pores is from scarring from before I went on the regimen. It's not bad enough that I can see it without being super close to a mirror, though. The pores on my nose are pretty big though, no doubt from blackheads. I was thinking of getting pore strips but I know they can cause irritation... >.< I think in terms of genetics I might have slightly larger pores.

hmm i get those crystal plugs on the forehead as well. The weird thing is, when i apply BP, that is usually when these crystal plugs come out.

I have really oily skin and bp still gives me massive dead skin. Is dead skin = dry skin?

The thing is, i am more afraid of scarring from pimples than getting wrinkly skin...

can any of the moderators give us some advice as to if BP can enlarge pores?

It makes sense to me that it would make your pores bigger, but I'm not sure about it being permanent or not. One of the ways BP fights acne is by introducing oxygen into the pore; p-acnes, the acne causing bacteria, cannot survive in oxygen. So in theory, that would open up the pores and keep them open, but as far as actually stretching them out permanently, I'm not so sure.

My pores are noticeably a tad larger while on the regimen, but they went back to normal when I went off of it for a few months. I think I have problems with fine lines and larger pores mostly because I have SEVERELY dry skin, but they do go away with some moisture and replenishing.