Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ballsoftitanium

I think not showering is helping my skin.

I have only showered 1 or 2 times i the last week and my acne is better than it has been in a long time.

I don't know if this is the only reason of if there's something else but it is a welcome change from the way things usually are.

If anyone is interested they could try it for a while and we'd know if there was something to this or if it's just my imagination.

Well this is the typical stereotype of somebody who has acne yet you have proven them all wrong.

do you mean because everyone thinks its caused by poor hygiene?

ya that's pretty ignorant but i guess since the people who say that never have acne they've probably never given it much thought.

Edited by ballsoftitanium

... you're bathing in your own sweat right now, and you don't mind because your skin looks good? I think I'd rather be able to shower than have clear skin lol..

Anyways, I echo what the person up there said. Get a filtration system for your shower head.

Do me a favor and sniff your armpits. Then come back here and describe that smell. Thank you for your cooperation! :xmas:

pits don't smell that bad actually, i just worked out so they're a little ripe but not as bad as right after i get out of a hot shower. For some reason my BO kicks into high gear after a shower.

Lyssa

you have obviously never had acne that bad if you think a little bit of BO is worse than acne

and its not just that it's keeping my acne down, my skin feels really smooth and healthy, saves time too.

i encourage you all to try it, and from this experiment i can say that BO probably isn't caused by poor hygiene, it's more likely a hormonal imbalance of some kind.

Do me a favor and sniff your armpits. Then come back here and describe that smell. Thank you for your cooperation! :xmas:

pits don't smell that bad actually, i just worked out so they're a little ripe but not as bad as right after i get out of a hot shower. For some reason my BO kicks into high gear after a shower.

Lyssa

you have obviously never had acne that bad if you think a little bit of BO is worse than acne

and its not just that it's keeping my acne down, my skin feels really smooth and healthy, saves time too.

i encourage you all to try it, and from this experiment i can say that BO probably isn't caused by poor hygiene, it's more likely a hormonal imbalance of some kind.

Okay. BO isn't entirely caused by not showering I can agree with you on that although you probably don't actually know and you just made that up but okay. BO is really toxins being released from the body that's why some people claim that vegans have no body odor or whatever. I know I don't really get body odor when I'm not eating carbs/processed foods however, you'll still get body odor eventually it just might not be as strong. You also have to remember sweating from working out and going to the bathroom. That all gets your body pretty dirty. It's not just about BO it's about the whole picture. You should also consider taking colder showers. Oh and if BO was caused by a hormonal imbalance I guess the whole world would be unhealthy (haha most people are anyway) but seriously.

Edited by CheyCheyenne

Lyssa

Oh okay. here I am having one of the worst breakouts of my life... you're totally right! :rolleyes:

One of the biggest turn-offs to a girl is smelling bad.. I'd rather have acne than not shower. Good luck getting teh ladies.

Lyssa

I bet your butthole does. I know mine smells like doo doo after just 1 dump. I try to move my dumps towards the end of the day. When it comes to dates, I usually fast a few hours, take a dump, shower, and then get ready. That is how you stay fresh, attract the ladies, and avoid BO.

Trust me. This is how its been done for thousands of years.

:genius:

Ok its been a while since i worked out (like 10 hrs or something) and my pits don't smell like anything.

And i think acne is a bigger turn-off than a little body odor. All it takes is some deodorant and problem solved, have you tried curing acne with deodorant?

And necro, wtf are you talking about?

notsureifserious.jpeg

Anyway, the facts speak for themselves, my skin looks great and i don't have BO.

Could also be my diet helping too, haven't had any grains or sugar or refined dairy in like 2 weeks.

Ok its been a while since i worked out (like 10 hrs or something) and my pits don't smell like anything.

"Most people can easily recognise body odour. Unfortunately, the person who has it may be so accustomed to their own smell that they don't notice."

Source.

i hate to tell you, but since i'm not the first, you smell bad. you do. if you don't shower for three or four days, you smell. maybe not BAD, but you do.

you won't be able to smell it, a lot of people can't sometimes smell themselves. and maybe some people who don't have very sensitive noses can smell it, but i'd be willing to bet at least one or two people you've come into contact with have questioned what that smell was.

I don't understand why you can't just not wash your face.

CMON' MAN! You asking this to a grown adult that doesn't want to shower in the first place? Showering but keeping the water off the face is advanced techniques for the gifted!! :genius:

So its been about a week of not showering and i have virtually no acne anywhere above my shoulders. My legs and butt are clear as well and these are usually problem areas for me.

I have a few red marks that are clearing up but the incidence of new acne has greatly diminished.

There is no other reason to think that my acne would be getting better. I have been masturbating like crazy ( 3x today and like 10x in the past week), plus i've been eating lots of sugar and milk products.

I would love it if other people could test this theory out and see if they see the same results as me.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

So its been about a week of not showering and i have virtually no acne anywhere above my shoulders. My legs and butt are clear as well and these are usually problem areas for me.

I have a few red marks that are clearing up but the incidence of new acne has greatly diminished.

There is no other reason to think that my acne would be getting better. I have been masturbating like crazy ( 3x today and like 10x in the past week), plus i've been eating lots of sugar and milk products.

I would love it if other people could test this theory out and see if they see the same results as me.

Report back in 2 months when you have rashes in your private regions, skin infections that don't seem to go away, and your hair thins out. No sane person would test this theory unless they are trying to harm their bodies and repel anyone else around them with their fithy smell. The only reason your acne is getting better is because you believe it will get better. If you thought showering 3 times a day would destroy the acne, it would go away also.