Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm gonna buy that...How much does it cost though??...

I know my problem is oily skin, and excessive sebum (sp.?) production, that leads to clog pores..and eventually..You know what.. <_< Hopefully that'll work...thanks.

i agree with danorthface.. milk of magnesia is the way to go.. its way better than that neutrogena stuff, cuz i tried it, and it doesnt really help with the oily skin..and its like 12 bucks..milk of magnesia is like a buck.. wonderful stuff

In Canada, that cleanser/mask costs about $13.50... I have it actually.

I'm not all that impressed by it.. the smell is quite strong, and it was a little messy to get on and off your face. *shrugs* I guess this just wasn't for me.

i agree with danorthface.. milk of magnesia is the way to go.. its way better than that neutrogena stuff, cuz i tried it, and it doesnt really help with the oily skin..and its like 12 bucks..milk of magnesia is like a buck.. wonderful stuff

^^ ahah.. i got one for a dollar at londondrugs.. but its behind the pharmacist's counter..but its SMALL she said it only contains 2 tablespoon.. yup

Almost anyone has it.

I got mine at the local Dollar General...I bought their brand and it was only 1.50. smile.gif

^^ ahah.. i got one for a dollar at londondrugs.. but its behind the pharmacist's counter..but its SMALL she said it only contains 2 tablespoon.. yup

^^ yeah i know. i saw that philips brand.. but it was HUGE.. and this was the first time i was gonna try it.. so i thought id get a little one.. just to see how it goes.. ill probably buy the bigger one the next time i buy it.

neways.. yeah uh i use MoM mask every other night.. i just use it straight from the bottle.. alot of ppls dilute it with a bit of water.. but i dont.. n i swear u see results the next day. AMAZING. yup biggrin.gif

Juliet, I went to london drugs and all they had was a big ass 1L bottle as well. SO I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and they had a smaller 500ml bottle for $6. I'm sure they have it at walmart as well.

^^ blackbird.. i know thats why u gotta ask the pharmacist.. because she says they keep the smaller ones behind the counter... but neways 500 mls for 6 bucks is a good buy..cuz mine is a small 30 mls for adollar..so u got the better deal biggrin.gif

^^ aha i know.. when i first read about it.. i was like "wtf is MoM" and then i googled it.. and it was a laxative.. yeah i was weirded out at first.. but it works. but yeah its like peptol bismol (sp?) but its white..instead of pink.. and u gotta buy the non-flavored kind

if you buy one of those huge walmart bottles, i don't think you'll finish it ever.. you really don't need a lot of that stuff to cover your entire face.. i'd say all you need is 1/3 a spoon full

I tried it today and liked it. Hopefully this solves my oily skin problem

Anyways, I read that you should leave it on from 10-20 minutes. I did 15 and it worked really well. Dries you out alot though. I have normally have really oily skin and this stuff made me a little flakey. I'm going to try leaving it on for ten minutes next time and see if that helps.

Is there any actual instructions on how to apply the milk of magnesium? This is the first time I heard of this idea and I'd like to have some kind of instruction.

^^ theres no ACTUAL instruction.. cause it was meant for a laxative..but theres a lot of different ways to use it..some people dilute it with a bit of water and use it all day, and some dont dilute it at all and wear it all nite.. or for 15 mins.. alot of ppls use it in different ways.

CRJ

Most bottles come with a little cap (ya'know, like cough syrup does) so what I do is fill it half way then dab it on two fingers and spread it all over my face, making sure I have a nice thick layer. You won't use much at all and you can pour the excess right back into the bottle. I left it on for 15 minutes and it really sucked up my oil lol. However, the oil did come back by the end of the day. Not nearly as bad though. So I think I'll be able to pull this off atleast once a day and be nearly oil free.

Edit

Oh yeah, and shake the bottle REALLY good